Boeing to get new contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing to get new contract?

It looks like Boeing is going to get the new tanker contract for the Air Force

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...mpetition.html

Northop has dropped out. The article brings up a good point about compition for major gov't/military contracts. What do you do when you have only one bidder. Basicly there is only one large air frame manufacturer and one fighter manufacturer in the US now. In my opinion, if we keep the same policy of buy American in military equipment, there is no compition for major programs.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

I bet Shelby is spitting fire right now. I'd rather see a sole source than the split tanker deal that was on the table.

Comment

I think it is time to dump the Boeing stock... there is blood in the water and I'm sure the sharks are circling:

Audio reveals pilots angrily confronting Boeing about 737 Max feature before second deadly crash

Just months before a second deadly crash of a Boeing 737 Max airplane, American Airlines pilots angrily confronted a Boeing official about a computerized anti-stall system that preliminary reports have now implicated in both deadly wrecks, audio obtained by CBS News reveals.
      The meeting between the pilots and Boeing happened in November -- just weeks after an October crash of a Lion Air 737 Max into the Java Sea, and four months before a 737 Max operated by Ethiopian Air crashed in Ethiopia.
      On the audio, a Boeing official is heard telling pilots that software changes were coming, perhaps in as little as six weeks, but that the company didn't want to hurry the process.
      The pilots indicated they weren't aware of the 737 Max's computerized stability program -- the Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System, or MCAS.
      "We flat out deserve to know what is on our airplanes," a pilot is heard saying.
      "I don't disagree," the unidentified Boeing official answers.
      "These guys didn't even know the damn system was on the airplane," a pilot says, seemingly referring to the Lion Air pilots. "Nor did anybody else."
      "I don't know that understanding this system would have changed the outcome of this," the Boeing official says. "In a million miles you're going to maybe fly this airplane, and maybe once you're going to see this ever."
      The Dallas Morning News and the New York Times reported on the November 27 meeting between American Airlines pilots and Boeing earlier this week, citing recordings of the meeting. The papers reported the pilots were frustrated that Boeing didn't disclose the presence of the MCAS system.
      https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/15/us/bo...ots/index.html
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        I think it is time to dump the Boeing stock... there is blood in the water and I'm sure the sharks are circling:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/15/us/bo...ots/index.html
        Boeing has an office right across the hall from me. I should check to see how nervous they are.

Comment

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Man, Boeing must have save a ton of money outsourcing their software development to "programmers" in India...

Boeing's 737 Max Software Outsourced to $9-an-Hour Engineers

It remains the mystery at the heart of Boeing Co.’s 737 Max crisis: how a company renowned for meticulous design made seemingly basic software mistakes leading to a pair of deadly crashes. Longtime Boeing engineers say the effort was complicated by a push to outsource work to lower-paid contractors.

The Max software -- plagued by issues that could keep the planes grounded months longer after U.S. regulators this week revealed a new flaw -- was developed at a time Boeing was laying off experienced engineers and pressing suppliers to cut costs.

Increasingly, the iconic American planemaker and its subcontractors have relied on temporary workers making as little as $9 an hour to develop and test software, often from countries lacking a deep background in aerospace -- notably India.
            [...]
            https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...hour-engineers

Fast, Correct, Cheap: Pick two. Boeing management picked poorly.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
            X