Favorite Musical of All Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Musical of All Time

Okay, in part three of this five part series, let's name our favorite Musical of all time, and why....you're not allowed to post a commentary on someone else's selection until you have, in a separate post, stated your favorite and the reasons why. 150 words, minimum.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

That's easy.

[youtube]kjgoJEo0zus[/youtube]
    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

this category looks lonely. in the spirit of contribution, I submit...

....Moulin Rouge.

Seriously. love that movie. Mock away.

And, 'Once.' I think that counts.

Also, now that I think about it, Spinal Tap should count.

Oh, and if we're being really flexible, then the musical episode of Scrubs, too. Why not.
      "It's guy love....betweeeen twooooo guuuuuys."

Comment

Originally posted by OhioBlue View Post
        this category looks lonely.
        Team America is probably the third best musical of all time.

[YOUTUBE]bDBcGzHAt5Q[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Originally posted by OhioBlue View Post
          this category looks lonely. in the spirit of contribution, I submit...

....Moulin Rouge.

Seriously. love that movie. Mock away.
          Seconded. Ewan McGregor melts my heart.

"Phantom of the Opera" and "Chicago" are also very, very good.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
            Thirded. I've lost track of the number of times I've seen Moulin Rouge.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

"Phantom of the Opera" and "Chicago" are also very, very good.
              Sound of Music is my all time fav.

Marry Poppins kicks ass too.
              I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PAC

You know how President Hinckley said he doesn't worry about those who pray? The same can be said for men who are self-aware enough to know when there's a life to be lived outside of the world of video games. - Anonymous

Comment

What the? The estrogen is thick in here. You guys need to check your man cards.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Fiddler on the Roof.

[youtube]RBHZFYpQ6nc[/youtube]

I love this musical. It is about traditions and old ways running up against new ways. Perchik coming back from University with new ideas then taking Hodel with him. Tevye having to let Tzietel marry the poor tailor for love rather than the rich merchant he has struck a deal with. Chava falling in love with a Russian soldier. The struggle that Tevye has to try to answer all of these challenges with what he already knows but finding that he must allow that he doesn't have the answers. He must find new ways. Ways to let his children go as well as his traditions (but not all).

The joy of a manly dance (I'm serious). Dreams of a little wealth. Dialogue with God. The love of ones spouse.

Oh, and a half a dozen songs that you walk away humming.

My favorite, and the one I know best.

Comment

Everyone posting in this thread should be forced to perfrom a song from their selection at the BLuERIver Shootout, recorde don video for later posting.

Wait, is this post int he thread? THen my selection is Let it be. I want ot be John, but should wish I was paul, am as musical as Ringo, but am about as popular as Yoko, in a non, um, romantic way if you know what I mean.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      What the? The estrogen is thick in here. You guys need to check your man cards.
                      Get out of our thread if you can't contribute.
                      I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PAC

You know how President Hinckley said he doesn't worry about those who pray? The same can be said for men who are self-aware enough to know when there's a life to be lived outside of the world of video games. - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Gidget View Post
                        Get out of our thread if you can't contribute.
                        Calm down; you can keep your man card.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I presume this thread refers to musicals that later became movies, but the stage production of "Lion King" is incredible.
                          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

I presume this thread refers to musicals that later became movies, but the stage production of "Lion King" is incredible.
                            I saw Lion King on Broadway in New York and it was amazing.

Comment

Best musical? The Producers. That Hitler dude can be hilarious.

[youtube]kHmYIo7bcUw[/youtube]
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                              X