The Official Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Tied the Cards last night for the best record in baseball. The 19 year streak ends this year!
    I think you may have just jinx them.

Comment

No jinx. Best record in baseball a week into August.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Moves for Buck and Morneau to fill out their bench. The Bucs are all in this year.

Comment

Moves for Buck and Morneau to fill out their bench. The Bucs are all in this year.
          They still do baseball once football starts? Interesting.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

The Pirates will officially not have a losing season for the first time in 20 years.

Comment

The Pirates will officially not have a losing season for the first time in 20 years.
              THIS!
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

94-68

It's been a long, long drought. Every year the Pirates would trade away their young talent for even younger talent. We fans were constantly promised it would all payoff in the future, we just had no idea it would take two decades to materialize. As a fan and someone that idolized Johnny Ray and Andy Van Slyke, I'm happy to say that regardless to how the game goes tonight, I'm a happy Pirates fan.

I do hope management keeps this team together for a while. They are great, however I'm lamenting the Astros move to the AL since Pittsburgh never came to H-town this year. So basically the year it all comes together for a playoff run I had 0 chances to see them in my hometown.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Then you need to go to Pittsburgh.

Huge game tonight. Go Bucs!

Comment

It's about time they got a team to match that park. Hurdle has done an amazing job with them this year.

Comment

My 8 year old Captain played on the Pirates in little league this summer and they went undefeated, powerful machine pitch team! I think it was some mojo we sent.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

My old man just said he's so stressed out he started a cold sore. ha. Dude hasn't been this anxious about any sporting event in a long, long time.
                        Last edited by MarkGrace; 10-01-2013, 05:17 PM.

Comment

My old man just said he's so stressed out he started a cold sore. ha. Dude hasn't been this anxious about any sporting event in a long, long time.
                          He was all decked out in his Pirate garb today. I hope they win for him.

Comment

Is he from Pittsburgh?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              Is he from Pittsburgh?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                              Provo

Comment

That ball was almost gone too. Gonna walk Cutch now.

Comment

Working...
                                X