BYU vs. Ute Trickeration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU vs. Ute Trickeration

Among my several concerns going into Saturday's game is BYU's susceptibility to gadget plays. Is it my imagination of has BYU been particularly gullible this year? Watching BYU bite repeatedly on AF's reverses, getting sucked inside multiple times, was maddening. Utah is particularly good at this, and the likelihood of Casteel and Sakoda (who, Allah be praised, will move on after this game) burning BYU are similar to the odds of the sun rising. And yet, with the constancy of Charlie Brown relying on Lucy's assurances of "no tricks this time", BYU will almost certain play the unwitting foil yet again. I pray it will not be so.

I wonder if BYU's old aversion therapy lab could be unlocked, dusted off, and put to good use for this week's game. Place electrodes on the thunder of a few key defenders (we'll exempt JJ here, as I have full confidence in his ability not to bite) and make them watch film of Utah's offense, including a few gadget plays, taken from over the years. The electrodes work their magic until the players consistently and instantly spot the gadget coming.

Better a pain in the groin now than a kick to the package on Saturday.

If Asiata lines up as the QB on 3rd and 1, BYU's safeties should drop back, because he's going to overthrow everyone. Honest. No need to pack the line.

Comment

They'll use their speedsters Jereme Brooks, Brent Casteel on the edges.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if BYU pulls a trick play or two out of their hat on Sat.

I doubt either will run a triple reverse though.

Comment

No roooskies!
        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Am I remembering incorrectly or did Utah try a triple reverse last year against the Y?

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            Am I remembering incorrectly or did Utah try a triple reverse last year against the Y?
            Check it out at around 1:42

[YOUTUBE]ZRoJ0dRH2K8[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

CB is always up in arms of how the Utes run trick plays and thats not real football and it shows that Whitt is not a good coach. Hogwash. I love trick plays. It gets the crowd into a game, it keeps defenses guessing.

With that said, you have to pick your spots to do a trick play. The triple reverse...yuck, not the greatest. The Utes ran that freakin' fumblerooskie play the other game which ended almost tragically. Use trick plays...but be smart on when to use them and which ones to use.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                Pretty sure it was a double reverse mislabeled by the announcer as a triple reverse. Just like every reverse gets mislabeled a double reverse.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by UteStar View Post
                  With that said, you have to pick your spots to do a trick play.
                  I believe Chris Peterson would agree.

Comment

Working...
                  X