No announcement yet.

Exercise equipment at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that own home exericise equipment and actually use it, I commend you.

I have noticed that exercise equipment and air hockey tables are basically expensive and inefficient storage units. Sooner or later, you start stacking boxes on them or piles of clean, unsorted laundry.

If I were to purchase some exercise equipment for my home, I think I would go with the exercise bike that has the huge fan as a front wheel. Those are cool.

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      You have to swap out your original axle with the one that comes with the trainer. Then it snaps in or out in seconds.
      Tried that. It wouldn't stay in the spot where the hub is supposed to sit. (Don't know what that part of the frame is called.)

I should have known better than to buy a trainer with my technical incompetence so I'm over it. I finally just took my bike down to St George this weekend so I could at least ride. Oh well, anyone want an unused trainer for cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
        Tried that. It wouldn't stay in the spot where the hub is supposed to sit. (Don't know what that part of the frame is called.)

I should have known better than to buy a trainer with my technical incompetence so I'm over it. I finally just took my bike down to St George this weekend so I could at least ride. Oh well, anyone want an unused trainer for cheap?
        You use the nut on the left side to adjust the width. Then you use the lever with the black knob to lock in place.

Don't give up. It is easy. I promise.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post

I would be willing to take it off your hands. PM me if you are serious.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

You use the nut on the left side to adjust the width. Then you use the lever with the black knob to lock in place.

Don't give up. It is easy. I promise.
            My problem is with the skewer. I agree getting the bike on the trainer is easy. Getting the wheel back on so it rotates straight and doesn't rub against the brake is another issue.

Maybe I'll go home tonight and try swapping the skewers again.

Comment

We've got some older version of this Weider home gym. We found it at Shopko for some ridiculously low clearance price and decided it would make a cheap clothes rack, if nothing else. And we were pretty much right.

I've used it off and on but never seriously. I finally joined a gym in early January because a new one opened up near my home and they had no sign-up fees and no length of contract terms. I haven't missed a day yet.

"It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

And this:

Which Landice model is that? And if you don't mind how much did you pay and where?

My parents are looking for a treadmill and I run on a Landice at work. I like that they have lifetime warranty for residential use.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Which Landice model is that? And if you don't mind how much did you pay and where?

My parents are looking for a treadmill and I run on a Landice at work. I like that they have lifetime warranty for residential use.
                  L7. Got it at a fitness store up in Murray. Can't remember the exact price but I think it was ~$3600.

Excellent treadmill. My wife has problems with her joints when she runs outside and I occasionally get shin splints. Never a bit of soreness with this thing.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

L7. Got it at a fitness store up in Murray. Can't remember the exact price but I think it was ~$3600.

Excellent treadmill. My wife has problems with her joints when she runs outside and I occasionally get shin splints. Never a bit of soreness with this thing.
                    I will have to let them know. There's an L7 and an L8 correct? Is there a reason you went with the L7? I think both have the same motor but different sized rollers, no?
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      I will have to let them know. There's an L7 and an L8 correct? Is there a reason you went with the L7? I think both have the same motor but different sized rollers, no?
                      I think the L8 is longer. Maybe a little wider.

L7 has been plenty big for us.

Comment

We have a treadmill that we both use during the winter. A set of dumbbells, and a power tower for pull-ups and dips that get used 3-5 times a week. We also have a bench that doesn't get used much.

I also have an inversion table that I use about 5 times a week. Not sure if it counts as excercise equipment but it is in our excercise equipment room.

My next purchase will probably be a rowing machine, bu I have to figure out where to put it first.

Comment

Anyone have a power cage at home? I'm considering something like this. There's a new Army PT test coming out, and I need to put a little more effort into training.

71x268a8dVL._SL1500_.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                            Anyone have a power cage at home? I'm considering something like this. There's a new Army PT test coming out, and I need to put a little more effort into training.
                            Yeah, I do; the Rogue stuff is really high quality, holds it's value, but isn't cheap. Something like the R-3:

Or the RML-3

Titan Fitness makes knockoff copies of the rogue stuff. It's not as high quality. Here is a comparison:

I probably wouldn't go with a T-3 if I went titan. I would go with the X-3 series; it's more expensive than their T series, but it's beefier and think that will make up for it not being as high quality as Rogue.

In terms of used stuff: Rogue, Sorinex, and EliteFTs is all high quality stuff (but don't expect great deals ... people that own this stuff usually know they have good stuff). Older stuff that you may find: Parabody (decent, I owned a parabody rack years ago) and Body Solid and Tuff Stuff. I'm sure I'm forgetting about some decent options.

Comment

Another brand with a lot of options is Force USA. Here is a review from garage gym reviews:

Comment

Rep Fitness has the reputation as a solid brand, but I've never used their stuff. Same with Vulcan Strength.

Comment

Working...
                                X