No announcement yet.

Exercise equipment at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just put in a pull up bar in our garage, I'm all the way up to one in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      I've been enjoying the Inspire FTX system we bought earlier this year and both of us use it 2-3 times a week, doing at least 7-8 different exercises each time from a list of around 20. For indoor cardio, I've been using my road bike with a Wahoo trainer, but I wanted something new, so we recently bought a Concept2 rower which I like a lot, alternating that with the bike each day. One other device--more of a gimmick really--that I use regularly is the Stealth, a small plastic platform on a ball joint that you use to do planks while playing video games on your smartphone. It has a cult following on Facebook. I can now hold a plank for 4-5 minutes, while some Stealthers can hold it an hour or more (although many cheat by dropping to their knees), but I've concluded that more than three or four minutes is a waste of time, so I only do it twice a week or so to maintain that aspect of my core.
      Since I have it, I'm curious what exercises you do with your Inspire. Did you end up buying any attachments? I don't currently have any set routine or exercises, but interested in establishing one.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
        I just put in a pull up bar in our garage, I'm all the way up to one in a row.
        That's one more in a row than I could do right now.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
          I just put in a pull up bar in our garage, I'm all the way up to one in a row.
          Ha, with just a single pull-up, no more cyclist upper body!

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
          Since I have it, I'm curious what exercises you do with your Inspire. Did you end up buying any attachments? I don't currently have any set routine or exercises, but interested in establishing one.
          Our set-up came with a decent seat that reclines into a bench. And in addition to the accessories that came with it (two handle straps, curl bar, a belt that one can use to do weight-assisted chin-ups for those shorter than 6', and a triceps pull-down rope), I bought a couple of ankle straps (one would have been sufficient), and a 24" bar that's useful for a variety of exercises). Mrs. PAC also bought a poster that shows about 60 different exercises for weight-pulley machines (you can find these online). A typical workout includes 2-3 sets, with 10-15 reps, of the following; supersets alternating triceps pulldowns and biceps pull-ups; bench press, lat pull downs, seated (sitting backwards facing the seatback) rows (although our Concept2 makes this one obsolete), and using the ankle straps: donkey kicks, adductors and abductors. I also do what's essentially a golf swing (both right and left) using one of the handle straps so that I can drive even deeper into the rough.

Last edited by PaloAltoCougar; 06-04-2021, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X