The Bachelor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bachelor

It's nice to see this show carry on the tradition of not creating a lasting relationship between the Bachelor and whomever he chooses. I think Bachelorettes seem to have better luck.

Anyway, many of you have probably seen this gal on the cover of the tabloids:

I watched the first show of this season with my wife and then watched the reunion show last week before the season finale. As usual, there are a lot of attractive girls to choose from. This girl wasn't one of them; in fact, she was far and away the least attractive.

But looks aren't everything right? Well, Vienna's job history includes working at Hooters and some other place where the waitresses walk around in lingerie. I'm not sure how accurate the stripper rumors are. It looks like Jake picked a winner.

The other girl in the final two was quite attractive and seemingly nice. My theory was that ABC was paying Jake to keep Vienna on the show because of the controversy regarding her past, but he always had his eye on the other girl in the final two and in the end would pick her.

Well he picked Vienna and proposed to her. I can't fathom this decision.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

There is nothing redeeming about that chick. I don't get it at all.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Since I was outed as a closet Bachelor-watcher already tonight, I'll chime in.

That girl is disgusting. Jake is an idiot.

In addition to being unattractive and a jerk, she apparently stole $5000 from her first husband to get breast implants before leaving him while he was deployed in Iraq. And she was a Hooters waitress and gave lap dances at her college jobs. And her family members, especially her Dad, were hostile and stupid. And Jake's family didn't like her.

Like MG says, there just isn't anything redeeming about her at all.

Comment

First I learn that Donut pays $300 for sunglasses and now I have to face the fact that Cardiac watches the bachelor. It's been a very tough night for me.

Comment

The finale/reunion show was the first time I've watched "The Bachelor". I liked Jake, and I really liked Tenley. Did Vienna look different between the finale and the reunion show? Her face looked skinnier.

Too bad. How can you really feel confident about your decision to propose to a girl if you have no idea who that girl is when you wake up that day? Jake said he was in love with both women, and thought it was the toughest decision of his life. How can you ask one woman to marry you if you're sincerely in love with another girl at the same time?
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

I watch this with my wife while browsing the internet or reading my book.

One thing I found funny was the introduction of the new Bachelorette (Ali). She was the girl who tried (In my mind manipulate) the ultimatum with jake about having to leave the show for "Her job", she tried to get him to say she was going to be the winner bu he refused and called her bluff and she left..

Now that she is the new Bachelorette this only confirms my opinion. She was just bluffing.. If she had to leave due to work, why would they let her come on as the Bachelorette fro even longer?? It makes no sense at all..

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
              How can you ask one woman to marry you if you're sincerely in love with another girl at the same time?
              Don't know. Ask every other bachelor. They all say the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                I watch this with my wife while browsing the internet or reading my book.
                I love it when dudes feel they have to disclaim like this when referring to shows/activities that they may feel casts them in a negative "man" light.

Just admit you watch it. You could easily have browsed the internet or read a book elsewhere. No biggie.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                  Since I was outed as a closet Bachelor-watcher already tonight, I'll chime in.

That girl is disgusting. Jake is an idiot.

In addition to being unattractive and a jerk, she apparently stole $5000 from her first husband to get breast implants before leaving him while he was deployed in Iraq. And she was a Hooters waitress and gave lap dances at her college jobs. And her family members, especially her Dad, were hostile and stupid. And Jake's family didn't like her.

Like MG says, there just isn't anything redeeming about her at all.
                  Vienna was disgusting trailer trash, but Tenley seemed to have her own issues. She was cute, sweet, and seemed very sincere, but I got this vibe that she has serious sexual hang ups. Jake struggled to articulate the lack of connection, but I think he knew exactly what it was, he just couldn't say it without sounding like an ass.

Tenley appears to have issues that have often been discussed here in relation to Mormon chicks. She was a virgin until marriage, her former husband supposedly said that one of the major issues in their relationship was that she was not very interested in sex, and there were even some remarks that she felt uncomfortable with things as basic as lingerie. There could have very well been some sexual repression going on there because of her strict Christian upbringing, and I think that was palpable to Jake. So while neither probably would have worked out long-term, at least he gets to have some hot sex with Vienna for a few weeks before she's off to her next fame whoring endeavor.

Comment

This is going to be an epic season, Grace we need you to come back! They went all in with completely crazy women for Prince Farming.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

I didn't see the first episode but Jimmy Fallon just showed a funny clip: "You can plow my field anytime."

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                        I didn't see the first episode but Jimmy Fallon just showed a funny clip: "You can plow my field anytime."
                        One of the girls after a few drinks told a joke I hadn't heard -- Why did the walrus go to the Tupperware party? ... To find a tight seal.

Comment

I watched this with the wife last night, it's actually pretty funny. I'm guessing their is a lot more drama when it's the Bachelor rather than the Bachelorette.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
                            One of the girls after a few drinks told a joke I hadn't heard -- Why did the walrus go to the Tupperware party? ... To find a tight seal.
                            were you too young to know of the Space Shuttle Challenger stuff as it happened?

that was a very common joke around that time.

What do NASA and a walrus have in common?
                            Both looking for a tight seal.

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                              I watched this with the wife last night, it's actually pretty funny. I'm guessing their is a lot more drama when it's the Bachelor rather than the Bachelorette.
                              you'd be surprised. they find dumb enough guys that it's pretty equal.
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                              X