Discussion between my wife and FIL last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
    I think we're all arguing different points. The Koreans were the faster (speed) skaters. If not for the 2nd Korean tripping #3 Korean #3 would have won. #3 Korean was faster than Ohno. Ohno just happened to cross the line first because someone tripped his opponent. That had nothing to do with speed.

Saying that Ohno is faster is like saying an offensive lineman is faster than a receiver, because the offensive lineman reached the endzone before the receiver. Even though the receiver was being blocked by a defensive back the whole way down the field.
    Nobody said "faster", we said "fastest". The Korean was the fastest to the finish line, Ohno was the 2nd fastest to the finish line, very simple.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      Nobody said "faster", we said "fastest". The Korean was the fastest to the finish line, Ohno was the 2nd fastest to the finish line, very simple.
      If One guy gets to 35 mph and the other guy gets to 40 mph, who is fastest?

Like I said, it all depends on how you re measuring fastest.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I’m grateful that I preserved this discussion for accuracy and history. Tonight while watching the same event, ldc was telling our kids about how the FIL and not her but I once argued about this sport. I was able to give a Mutumbo finger wag and read aloud to my progeny the true and living history.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          I’m grateful that I preserved this discussion for accuracy and history. Tonight while watching the same event, ldc was telling our kids about how the FIL and not her but I once argued about this sport. I was able to give a Mutumbo finger wag and read aloud to my progeny the true and living history.
          :ROFL:
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Too funny Husky... a solid ten years in the punch line.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
              X