Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Discussion between my wife and FIL last night

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
    I think we're all arguing different points. The Koreans were the faster (speed) skaters. If not for the 2nd Korean tripping #3 Korean #3 would have won. #3 Korean was faster than Ohno. Ohno just happened to cross the line first because someone tripped his opponent. That had nothing to do with speed.


    Saying that Ohno is faster is like saying an offensive lineman is faster than a receiver, because the offensive lineman reached the endzone before the receiver. Even though the receiver was being blocked by a defensive back the whole way down the field.
    Nobody said "faster", we said "fastest". The Korean was the fastest to the finish line, Ohno was the 2nd fastest to the finish line, very simple.

  2. #32
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    21,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Nobody said "faster", we said "fastest". The Korean was the fastest to the finish line, Ohno was the 2nd fastest to the finish line, very simple.
    If One guy gets to 35 mph and the other guy gets to 40 mph, who is fastest?

    Like I said, it all depends on how you re measuring fastest.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  3. #33
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,951

    Default

    I’m grateful that I preserved this discussion for accuracy and history. Tonight while watching the same event, ldc was telling our kids about how the FIL and not her but I once argued about this sport. I was able to give a Mutumbo finger wag and read aloud to my progeny the true and living history.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  4. #34
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Iím grateful that I preserved this discussion for accuracy and history. Tonight while watching the same event, ldc was telling our kids about how the FIL and not her but I once argued about this sport. I was able to give a Mutumbo finger wag and read aloud to my progeny the true and living history.
    :ROFL:
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  5. #35
    Soul Plumber wuapinmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hartsville, South Carolina
    Posts
    28,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I’m grateful that I preserved this discussion for accuracy and history. Tonight while watching the same event, ldc was telling our kids about how the FIL and not her but I once argued about this sport. I was able to give a Mutumbo finger wag and read aloud to my progeny the true and living history.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

  6. #36
    Local Character clackamascoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Frog Pond Grange
    Posts
    6,620

    Default

    Too funny Husky... a solid ten years in the punch line.

    When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •