No announcement yet.

The PAC 10 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's talk on public radio this morning about the west coast seceding. What happens to Utah's Pac 12 membership if that happens?
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      There's talk on public radio this morning about the west coast seceding. What happens to Utah's Pac 12 membership if that happens?

You're not even trying anymore.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

There's talk on public radio this morning about the west coast seceding. What happens to Utah's Pac 12 membership if that happens?
        You should also worry about the PNW being re-annexed by Canada.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          You should also worry about the PNW being re-annexed by Canada.
          Dang straight. Make the Hudson Bay Company Great again!

Comment

A return to the MWC.

That was simple. Next question.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• This is interesting:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/21/p12n-xxxxx/

PAC-12 football broadcasts doing OK. Everything else in the toilet. Most are watched by (literally) only a few hundred people.

Regional network model questioned.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I have the Pac12 network on my cable here. It sucks and is only available in SD. It only shows the local games. So even if there is no other football game on, if it is not USC or UCLA, they don't show it. They would rather show a rerun of a volleyball game than show a live Washinton St or Oregon St game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  This is interesting:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/21/p12n-xxxxx/

PAC-12 football broadcasts doing OK. Everything else in the toilet. Most are watched by (literally) only a few hundred people.

Regional network model questioned.
                  Yeah, I had the PAC-12 network channels once when AT&T UVerse gave it to me for free. I just checked and now they only offer the following if I am willing to pay extra:

PAC-12 Network (Channel 1759)
                  PAC-12 Bay Area (Channel 1760)
                  PAC-12 Los Angeles (Channel 1761)

It looks like they dropped all the other regions. Of course, I think most folks would rather watch the Home Shopping Network than PAC-12 Mountain.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Yeah, maybe the PAC12 should add BSU and SDSU.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Yeah, I had the PAC-12 network channels once when AT&T UVerse gave it to me for free. I just checked and now they only offer the following if I am willing to pay extra:

PAC-12 Network (Channel 1759)
                      PAC-12 Bay Area (Channel 1760)
                      PAC-12 Los Angeles (Channel 1761)

It looks like they dropped all the other regions. Of course, I think most folks would rather watch the Home Shopping Network than PAC-12 Mountain.
                      It's annoying when they put the BYU vs. Utah basketball game on PAC 12 mtn. They'll probably do that this yeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post

It's annoying when they put the BYU vs. Utah basketball game on PAC 12 mtn. They'll probably do that this yeat.
                        Like announcing news you want to bury on Friday after 5 pm.
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Yeah, maybe the PAC12 should add BSU and SDSU.
                          And Fresno St.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

And Fresno St.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                                Allegiant is the worst airline I've ever flown, but a large margin. The flight looks inexpensive until you add in ridiculous bag fees - they even charge for small carry-ons. Terrible customer service, and a very limited flight map. Allegiant makes flying on Southwest feel like a NetJet.

Now "their" stadium in Vegas. That is top notch. Other than one time sitting in a suite, it was the most comfortable live viewing experience I've ever had at a FB game

Comment

Working...
                                X