Best iPhone/iPod Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
    The app is still available in Canada. Of course, in Canada you don't have to sign up with AT&T. You have a choice of carriers to choose from.
    I think they brought it back. It wasn't available to me in the Philippines earlier, but is now.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

You guys will have to give a review of it.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Hmmm... after 30 days, line2 is 15 bucks a month? Doesn't mention that in the app store.. is this true (those that have downloaded it)?

http://www.line2.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          Hmmm... after 30 days, line2 is 15 bucks a month? Doesn't mention that in the app store.. is this true (those that have downloaded it)?

http://www.line2.com/
          It mentioned it in the article and I even mentioned it above in a post.
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            It mentioned it in the article and I even mentioned it above in a post.
            Dude, I skim your posts. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              Dude, I skim your posts. Sheesh.
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Shazam is a good app to impress people. You let your phone listen to a song for about 5 seconds and it tells you what the song is.

Scribble Lite is a great for occupying the kids. My 3-year-old loves to draw on my phone. It lets you draw on top of any picture, which she likes.

Take Me to my Car has been useful in really big parking lots.

myLite is good for those times when I need a flashlight or want to throw a rave.

FStream is good for listening to KSL-broadcasted BYU games.

All of the above are free apps.
                "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Words with friends is extremely addictive. Turn based scrabble played with iphone friends. I can't stop playing. I have like 5 games going. There is a free version and a paid. difference is ads. The free and the paid can play together, so it doesn't matter which version you have.

Comment

The Church Gospel Library app is pretty darn sweet.
                    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Discover make payments and manage transactions from my phone.

Bump Easy way to exchange contact information with anyone else that has the app.

Sportacular The best app I've found to check scores. Has live updates and you can set up push notifications for games you care about.

Guitar Toolkit Tuner that can easily be changed to any tuning you want for 6 or 12 string guitar, 4,5 or 6 string bass, banjo, mandolin and ukulele. You can play around on a short fretboard and play songs, but it that isn't very useful. You can look up cords and use a metronome.

MW2 Super Guide I mostly just use it to see what the titles and emblems I unlock are for.

TFLN (texts from last night) Iphone version of textsfromlastnight.com, which is just a really really funny version of fml. It's a good time waster when you need a laugh.

I also have a bunch of games if anyone wants some recomendations.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                        Words with friends is extremely addictive. Turn based scrabble played with iphone friends. I can't stop playing. I have like 5 games going. There is a free version and a paid. difference is ads. The free and the paid can play together, so it doesn't matter which version you have.
                        Yes, it is addictive. Stop while you can.

FYI, the brothers that created Words with Friends are LDS and in our stake. I'm pretty good friends with the CEO.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Some others I didn't see on the above lists:

AroundMe Very useful app for finding restaurants, theaters, bars, etc. when you are in an unfamiliar town.
                          Pandora Music streaming app.
                          Remote Because I can never find that damn apple remote for my AppleTV and laptop.
                          TextFreeI refuse to pay more for unlimited texting.
                          Lux DLX To get my fix of "Risk" now and then.
                          OmniFocus The mother of all "todo list" managers especially if you agree with the book "Getting Things Done". It auto-syncs to the laptop version. Warning: not a cheap app but I don't pay extra for texting (see above).
                          Opera Mini A little buggy but a good replacement to mobile safari.

For those with JailBroken iPhones:

3G Unrestrictor Make any app work on 3G.
                          PdaNet Tether your iPhone to your laptop when you need a little internet on the road.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Two games that I highly recommend:

Labyrinth 2 and Angry Birds
                            Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

Let's Golf is now $1.99 and it's a great little golf game.

I am now thoroughly addicted to Homerun Battle 3D... That's a sweet game.

Comment

Some new apps to add to the list:

iBook The iPad book app on the iphone.
                                Red Box/Inside Redbox See what movies the red box has before driving over to 7-Eleven. Nice on road trips to find Redbox's to keep the kids supplied with movies.
                                Dragon Dictation I think this one has been mentioned before. It actually works very well.
                                WolframAlpha Useful for checking your kids' math homework for lazy people like myself.
                                Find iPhone Useful if you have MobileMe to figure out where your wife is at.
                                Tapatalk Good app for reading/posting on CUF while in church meetings.
                                Dave Campbell's Texas Football Both high school and college football news in one app.
                                ESPN Scorecenter
                                ESPN Radio So I can listen to the dallas ESPN radio station on the road.
                                5-0 Radio Police scanner app
                                Grooveshark Like Pandora
                                Cloud Browse mobileFirefox with flash support
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X