Sous Vide cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    made salted caramel creme brulee last night. Really good.

https://recipes.anovaculinary.com/re...l-creme-brulee

Really easy
    Yum.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• About 3 pounds of Tri tip at 131 degrees for 24 hours, following by a quick sear on the BBQ. Unbelievably tender and juicy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
        About 3 pounds of Tri tip at 131 degrees for 24 hours, following by a quick sear on the BBQ. Unbelievably tender and juicy.
        24 hours? I was under the impression that after eight or so hours the meat starts to disintegrate, resulting in a less than desirable texture. But if it's simply more tender, I may try this.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          24 hours? I was under the impression that after eight or so hours the meat starts to disintegrate, resulting in a less than desirable texture. But if it's simply more tender, I may try this.
          It was really good. A friend tried it a few weeks ago, but he didn't pre-season with anything more than salt and pepper. We used a pre-seasoned piece and it turned out perfectly.

Comment

• I need to try that. I haven't had great success with tri-tip.

I read a recipe a while back for smoked sous vide chuck roast. You season and smoke for 4 hrs then seal and sous vide at 165 for 24 hrs or something. Supposed to fall apart with a fork when you are done. Great for tacos. Will return and report.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I've done chuck roast for 24+ hours to good effect. Next time I'll try doing a short smoke first.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                It was really good. A friend tried it a few weeks ago, but he didn't pre-season with anything more than salt and pepper. We used a pre-seasoned piece and it turned out perfectly.
                You mentioned doing chicken previously. What do you do for that?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                  You mentioned doing chicken previously. What do you do for that?
                  I can't remember off the top of my head. I'll ask my wife and get back to you.

Comment

• Picked up the 129.99 Anova sous vide today for $69.99 for Prime Day. Good time to grab one if you're looking to jump in to sous vide cooking.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      Picked up the 129.99 Anova sous vide today for $69.99 for Prime Day. Good time to grab one if you're looking to jump in to sous vide cooking.
                      I was wanting to get one, but with the impending brisket fiasco, I may never get one.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Picked up the 129.99 Anova sous vide today for $69.99 for Prime Day. Good time to grab one if you're looking to jump in to sous vide cooking.
                        Tried looking for this deal earlier but Amazon couldn't load the page.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          Yeah, Prime Day was a cluster. Felt luck to get it.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            Looking now, they have another deal in the 800 watt version for $75. Not as good of a deal, but still will save you $35.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Hack My Life threw a sous vide party on one of their episodes. Set the hot tub to 104 degrees, cook in hot tub for 3 hours, and invite friends over for the last hour. Drinks above water while plastic packets are floating around under water.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                                Hack My Life threw a sous vide party on one of their episodes. Set the hot tub to 104 degrees, cook in hot tub for 3 hours, and invite friends over for the last hour. Drinks above water while plastic packets are floating around under water.
                                What were they cooking at such a low temp (other than themselves)?

Comment

Working...
                                X