X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
    Quitter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I know. I feel like a loser. I'll try again someday.

Comment

• Anova Culinary is launching the Nano. First sub $100 immersion circulator. First 5000 pre-orders can get it for $69.00 (if you are on their mailing list it appears).
      "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Made another tasty batch of Beef Bourguignon Sunday, and tonight, resisting the temptation to chop up our Costco prime ribeyes and doing stir fry, went with the sous vide (132 degrees) with excellent results. I love the device.

756A94A7-2DF7-48A1-8025-2F694BD6A063.jpg

Comment

• Looks very tasty.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            Made another tasty batch of Beef Bourguignon Sunday, and tonight, resisting the temptation to chop up our Costco prime ribeyes and doing stir fry, went with the sous vide (132 degrees) with excellent results. I love the device.

[ATTACH]8259[/ATTACH]
            Is this what a misguided Daytonite called "prison food"? And that artichoke looks delish.
            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
              Is this what a misguided Daytonite called "prison food"? And that artichoke looks delish.
              A EQ-friend recently picked up an Anova sous vide machine at my recommendation. He approached me last Sunday and disclosed to me that he was unimpressed with his first run using some NY steaks. I asked him what temperature he was using. "I like my steaks medium-well, so I was using 150°. Is that too hot?" Channeling CS, I replied: "Yeah, that's the temperature they sous vide steaks in prison."
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Made absolutely the best grilled chicken I've had in my life.

1. marinated the chicken, these were very plump and thick chicken breasts
                2. sous vide at 138 for about 60-80 minutes
                3. dipped it back in thickish marinade, and on grill on high heat
                4. about 3-4 minutes each

Amazing. Some blackened, charred pieces on outside, and the juiciest most tender flavorful chicken on the inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                  Made absolutely the best grilled chicken I've had in my life.

1. marinated the chicken, these were very plump and thick chicken breasts
                  2. sous vide at 138 for about 60-80 minutes
                  3. dipped it back in thickish marinade, and on grill on high heat
                  4. about 3-4 minutes each

Amazing. Some blackened, charred pieces on outside, and the juiciest most tender flavorful chicken on the inside.
                  How long did you marinate?
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    How long did you marinate?
                    A few hours. I think one key was having big fat pieces that didn't cook much on the inside in the finishing step.

Comment

• Cook's Illustrated is working on a sous vide edition, I hear.
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• The stir fry jokes are never going to get old.
                        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Currently using my Sous Vide to heat up primer, reducer, and hardener for a guitar I'm about to paint.

These things are awesome and versatile.

Comment

• Anyone here has success doing an entire prime rib roast sous vide?

I picked up the 900w Anova for $109 this weekend, and I’d like to use it to cook our Christmas prime rib. I’ll probably give some steaks a go here within the next week or two, but I’ll still be a relative noob by Christmas. Is there a foolproof sous vide prime rib method?
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Anyone here has success doing an entire prime rib roast sous vide?

I picked up the 900w Anova for $109 this weekend, and I’d like to use it to cook our Christmas prime rib. I’ll probably give some steaks a go here within the next week or two, but I’ll still be a relative noob by Christmas. Is there a foolproof sous vide prime rib method?
                              You can get perfectly cooked prime rib with the sous vide. That part is easy. What isn't so easy is getting the crust right if you sous vide. Even with a torch, broiler, etc. it just isn't the same as a traditionally roasted prime rib.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                Anyone here has success doing an entire prime rib roast sous vide?

I love my sous vide but I doubt I will ever use it on prime rib. It is easy to cook the traditional way and a smoky crispy crust is the best part.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X