Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    We will be there in late May.
    I look forward to any suggestions you have upon returning.

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    I was there last week with my two oldest kids. Was a lot of fun.
    Any recs for air bnb or hotel?

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
      I look forward to any suggestions you have upon returning.

When we went last year we used OneFineStay to rent an apartment in Paris. We were there for about a week and loved the location - just across the Seine from Notre Dame. Easy access to Metro. The apartment was awesome; much better than a hotel. Being able to cook when we wanted was convenient. Only problem was my kids getting stuck in the elevator for an hour or so.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post

Sorry, stayed with my parents at their apartment.

It was a lot of fun.

We made it out to Mont St Michel and stayed the night there. On the way back to paris we went through Normandy and stopped and saw the Bayeaux Tapestry. That thing was so cool. Not sure why but it was one of the highlights of the trip for me. But I have been to Paris a few times before, so maybe because it was something new, but even my kids really liked it and said it was one of the coolest things they saw.

The catacombs were pretty cool too. That was new this trip as well.

Comment

• Thanks for bumping this thread. It’s by far the best thread on this board!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
            Sorry, stayed with my parents at their apartment.

It was a lot of fun.

We made it out to Mont St Michel and stayed the night there. On the way back to paris we went through Normandy and stopped and saw the Bayeaux Tapestry. That thing was so cool. Not sure why but it was one of the highlights of the trip for me. But I have been to Paris a few times before, so maybe because it was something new, but even my kids really liked it and said it was one of the coolest things they saw.

The catacombs were pretty cool too. That was new this trip as well.
            Basically the reverse of what we did. Normandy (d-day beaches, Bayeux, Etretat) then Mont St Michel, then Paris.
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
              Basically the reverse of what we did. Normandy (d-day beaches, Bayeux, Etretat) then Mont St Michel, then Paris.

Comment

• I'm taking notes. We're headed there next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  Thanks for bumping this thread. It’s by far the best thread on this board!!
                  What is the worst? Probably that Lakers thread.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Thanks for bumping this thread. It’s by far the best thread on this board!!

The craft beer thread and the hockey threads are absolutely the best threads on this board.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post

The craft beer thread and the hockey threads are absolutely the best threads on this board.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        What is the worst? Probably that Lakers thread.
                        http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...ight=Expansion

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Patience.

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                            When we went last year we used OneFineStay to rent an apartment in Paris. We were there for about a week and loved the location - just across the Seine from Notre Dame. Easy access to Metro. The apartment was awesome; much better than a hotel. Being able to cook when we wanted was convenient. Only problem was my kids getting stuck in the elevator for an hour or so.
                            Very cool site. Fun to look at the $3,000+/night places.

Comment

• I'm not gonna read the thread to see --probably others have suggested visiting Pere Lachaise cemetery -- this is probably my favorite thing we have ever done in Paris -- hired a guide that took us around to all the cool stuff. We started at the top of the hill like they describe here near the tomb of Oscar Wilde, then walked down and found the graves of Jim Morrison, Frederic Chopin, Gertrude Stein, Moliere. Very fun and somewhat non-touristy thing to do. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A...haise_Cemetery
                              Last edited by CardiacCoug; 03-06-2018, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                                I'm not gonna read the thread to see --probably others have suggested visiting Pere Lachaise cemetery -- this is probably my favorite thing we have ever done in Paris -- hired a guide that took us around to all the cool stuff. We started at the top of the hill like they describe here near the tomb of Oscar Wilde, then walked down and found the graves of Jim Morrison, Frederic Chopin, Gertrude Stein, Moliere. Very fun and somewhat non-touristy thing to do. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A...haise_Cemetery

Holy crap, when did this happen?

Now I feel kind of bad about making all those podcast and accounting jokes.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X