Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Jan. 27 launch event... what will it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    The current screen size is perfect for me. The last thing I want is a gigantic phone in my pocket. If people want a bigger screen they can get an iPad mini.
    Iow you haven't used a bigger sized phone. There are much better screens that easily fit into a pocket than the iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      Iow you haven't used a bigger sized phone. There are much better screens that easily fit into a pocket than the iPhone.
      But are there better 64-bit smartphones than the iPhone 5s?

Answer:
      "Apple's going to be shipping 64-bit smartphones before anyone in the Android camp. Whether that will matter is up in the air," he said.
      http://www.pcworld.com/article/20485...right-now.html

I still don't know what I would do with a 64-bit iPhone but I want one. (For security reasons it would be nice to have a 64-bit address space but it would most likely just eat the battery faster for the most part.)
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
        Seriously, why do any of you get the iPhone? Granted, my HTC was a piece of shit. But the Galaxy S4 and even the Moto X blow the iPhone away. Why put up with the small screen and a shitty OS? It's like buying a Caddy in 1989 instead of a BMW. You're buying an inferior product because of perceptions based on past glory. Why don't you go all the way and buy that new Blackberry? Blackberry was awesome in 2003. That seems like a pretty good reason to get another one.
        LOL. Sorry- I don't want a GD ipad on a belt holster.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
          You wear your phone on your belt?
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
            I guess ipads are 4 inches now. who knew.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              You wear your phone on your belt?
              Lol, he probably thought landpoke was being serious about doing it.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• Just updated to iOS 7 on my phone. Very nice.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Just updated to iOS 7 on my phone. Very nice.
                  Downloading now. I had to remove a bunch of stuff to make room, but was checking it out on my buddies iPhone last night and it had some "Palm-Like" features that I loved about my old palm phone. Specially the way you close an app now. And how you can toggle between opened apps. That was straight off my Palm Pixi Plus/Palm Pre 3.

I like it!

Comment

• "iOS 7, the best iOS yet."

--Apple marketing

"Control centers, swiping up or down for shortcut menus, a decent active app manager? This is new? We've had this for two two years. Maybe in another two years they can customize what's in the shortcut menus."

--Everyone who's not an Apple sycophant.

Seriously, this is what iPhone users have been breathlessly waiting for? Why do you put up with this shit from Apple?
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Seriously, this is what iPhone users have been breathlessly waiting for? Why do you put up with this shit from Apple?
                      Because my pockets aren't big enough for a Note II and I don't carry a purse.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

"iOS 7, the best iOS yet."

--Apple marketing

"Control centers, swiping up or down for shortcut menus, a decent active app manager? This is new? We've had this for two two years. Maybe in another two years they can customize what's in the shortcut menus."

lol. And I used to think Apple fanboys were goofy.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          Because my pockets aren't big enough for a Note II and I don't carry a purse.
                          Because there is no midpoint between the Note II and Apple's postage stamp sized screen.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

"iOS 7, the best iOS yet."

--Apple marketing

Customizing a phone, who the hell wants that option.
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Fanboy smack always cracks me up. The vast majority of the feature/specification smack is completely meaningless. Who the hell cares about a slightly faster processor or some customization option? The most important features on a phone have been supported on both platforms from day one. And why is it so important? It is as if someone's sense of self-worth is tied up in the validation that comes from seeing others make the same phone choice.

Here is lovely little essay that sums it all up:

http://gizmodo.com/5951243/the-apple...ars-in-one-gif

Look, your war doesn't make any sense, ok? This whole fanboys vs fandroids thing, the iPhone vs Galaxy, the iPad vs Kindle Fire... who the hell cares? They're just machines.

So, can you stop "defending" your choice of gadgetry like a insecure whiny cheerleader? Or a crazy religious fanatic? Don't you see how ridiculous you look to normal people who don't give a damn? How absurd your concerns are compared to, I don't know, real life?

Or, if you have to justify your choice, could you at least please just think twice before insulting one another?

Because you just look bad when you do that. A tool. Just pick whatever you like best and stop trying to convince everyone that you made the right decision and that they are wrong. They are not. Nobody is. No more than you, anyway.

Comment

• ios7 is noticeably slower, especially when typing messages. i hope they resolve that quickly.

the customizability argument is funny coming from the android crowd. to do any real customization on either platform you have to root. i'm also curious what customizations are so important? who really cares about having 50% opacity on their menu bar instead of the factory default?
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X