Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Jan. 27 launch event... what will it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    as usual, the achilles heel for apple devices. I hate typing on a touchpad. Not to mention exposure to massive smudges and scratches.

but as coach says, I'm all in.

Any idea on price points for this bad boy?

streaming TV on this thing will be pretty awesome.
    I used to agree on the touchpad, but after having an iPhone I actually prefer the touchpad to the BB keys. I can type much faster on the iPhone.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
      One thing I want to know is how are you going to type on that thing?

or the keyboard dock...

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Steve Jobs hates blind people.

Seriously I'm not a fan of the on screen keyboard, but obviously I say that before I try it. A lot of typing is more touch and feel of the keys. Maybe this will work but just the fact they have a keyboard dock says that they know it won't be easy to type straight on the pad. Lugging around a keyboard dock is not cool when the iPad is supposed to be portable.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I like that the data is pre-paid, no contract.

Here is another concern.....does anyone else feel like waiting until iPad v2? iPod, iPhone....it seems like all apple devices work out some big bugs between launch and v2. iPad will likely undergo the same evolutionary curve. V2 of iPhone was released less than a year after iPhone 1. I don't want to be stuck with a buggy launch iPad.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Seriously I'm not a fan of the on screen keyboard, but obviously I say that before I try it. A lot of typing is more touch and feel of the keys. Maybe this will work but just the fact they have a keyboard dock says that they know it won't be easy to type straight on the pad. Lugging around a keyboard dock is not cool when the iPad is supposed to be portable.
            I don't think it is an admission of anything. I'd bet it exists just to shut up naysayers.

Comment

Comment

agreed. Keyboard dock....weak.

This seems to be apples downfall. once they decided to go in the direction of the touch screen, they basically conceded the race to produce a top-notch typing interface. The very essence of the touch screen is to pinch and drag, as opposed to typing.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                  Wacom currently has no serious competition. If the iPad could do what a Cintiq can do, it would be HUGE.
                  I find it funny that when apple speaks everybody essentially masterbates for days. I've been using an IBM tablet or 5 years now that runs via wacom. It is stellar, but has had little competition to push them to innovate.

I have never gone to a mac because they don't have onenote from Microsoft on the mac office lineup. Once they get that, I'm gone.
                  Last edited by doctorcoug; 01-27-2010, 11:50 AM. Reason: Spelling
                  "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

I don't even have an iphone yet. i'm certainly not going to drop bank on this until it's running 250 GB of flash memory at the $300 jump off point.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Space Ghost
                      iPad v1 - will toast bread.

iPad v2 - will grill a panini.

You definitely should wait for v2.

cheers.
                      I love toast. I just might get a launch model!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        I don't even have an iphone yet. i'm certainly not going to drop bank on this until it's running 250 GB of flash memory at the $300 jump off point.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner!

Considering the price drops of flash memory I find the price structure to be an embarrassment. There's simply no excuse for this thing not to have a card slot to upgrade the memory.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          I love toast. I just might get a launch model!
                          Get a PS3. It makes better toast.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                            Apple stock fell 5% today! Investors were not impressed.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/27/tech...d_apple_stock/
                            Of course it did. Now is the time to buy!

Comment

I'm too lazy to do any real research on this, so I'll ask here. It looked like you could get data from the AT&T network for $30/month, with no contract. What if you are already an AT&T customer with an iPhone? Does your $30/month iPhone data plan include the iPad if you have one, or would you need to pony up an additional $30/month for the iPad?

Comment

http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=13366

Many people questioned the logic of the iphone when it was first released. Consider how long it took supposedly real competition to catch up?

The ipad will change consumer behavior even more dramatically than the iphone.

Comment

Working...
                                X