Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Jan. 27 launch event... what will it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will own one. It seems more convenient for the long flight entertainment standpoint. Even if I used it for that alone, I would want one.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
      Here is the synopsis from the wsj.com blog:

Again, the truth is probably somewhere between Robin and Steve.
      He didn't say he would be watching video on the iPad.

No way can you run apple devices for 10 hours on one charge. the screen is too vibrant and there are too many battery-sucking functions....Wi-Fi being chief amongst them.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        He didn't say he would be watching video on the iPad.

No way can you run apple devices for 10 hours on one charge. the screen is too vibrant and there are too many battery-sucking functions....Wi-Fi being chief amongst them.
        Why would you need wifi if you are on a plane watching a movie? Maybe they finally developed the Ironman battery thing that powers itself.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Why would you need wifi if you are on a plane watching a movie? Maybe they finally developed the Ironman battery thing that powers itself.

Doesn't even matter anymore. I can't remember the last overseas flight that I wasn't able to charge, or at least plug in, my electronic devices.

Comment

Wow.....this things looks very acceptable!
            The SI Issue for the iPad looks wicked awesome!

I'm not going to crap on this device just because I am skeptical about apple's battery claims. It looks to be a nice device for many people.

One thing Apple could do for those of us who are tethered to powerful Apple desktop machines... turn this iPad into a touch-screen bluetooth monitor for our wired towers. Working in art/design, I teach my students on Wacom's Cintiq touch-screen monitors. They are gorgeous, pressure sensitive monitors that allow the user to draw directly on the screen. For some design fields, they are a true game changer. Wacom currently has no serious competition. If the iPad could do what a Cintiq can do, it would be HUGE.

Comment

One thing I want to know is how are you going to type on that thing?
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

MLB.com baseball feeds with drop down stats. Nice!

and iBook app,

you can call me a sucker, but I am all in.

Comment

One thing I want to know is how are you going to type on that thing?
                  as usual, the achilles heel for apple devices. I hate typing on a touchpad. Not to mention exposure to massive smudges and scratches.

but as coach says, I'm all in.

Any idea on price points for this bad boy?

streaming TV on this thing will be pretty awesome.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    I will be curious to see how investors respond to the launch, Apple has been on a major growth since January of 2009. Opened today at $206.81
                    Apple stock fell 5% today! Investors were not impressed.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/27/tech...d_apple_stock/

Comment

They said less than $1,000. I'm guessing it will start at $899 and then settle down around $650.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        They said less than $1,000. I'm guessing it will start at $899 and then settle down around $650.
                        how are people getting their wi-fi on these devices? Is there a pay service or are you at the mercy of finding free wi-fi where ere you may be?

also, will you be able to get email pushed to the device? or it is all pop3 via the internet/web app?

sigpic

Comment

They also said it will run on a G3 network or wi-fi.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

how are people getting their wi-fi on these devices? Is there a pay service or are you at the mercy of finding free wi-fi where ere you may be?

also, will you be able to get email pushed to the device? or it is all pop3 via the internet/web app?

Comment

Comment

Starts at $499, WOW, way less than speculation. Not sure if 16 gig is enough but if you really want one that's pretty cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X