Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Jan. 27 launch event... what will it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Haha. The author of that article agrees with me.
    If you didn't see the innovation you weren't looking... It's down in the A13, truly a supercomputer on a chip:

It is making the SnapDragons look like CrapDragons...

The gamers will love the performance of their games on this platform.

This chip has the "horsepower" to support the next step in wearable computing: iPhone-tethered AR glasses.

Time to buy some more AAPL.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• “Buy a new iPhone 11 now because at some undetermined point in the future you may or may not need that horsepower to drive some geek glasses.”

Lol.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

“Buy a new iPhone 11 now because at some undetermined point in the future you may or may not need that horsepower to drive some geek glasses.”

Lol.
        Folks will buy them just for the gaming experience... think of the children, Dude!
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Folks will buy them just for the gaming experience... think of the children, Dude!
          Yeah. Thanks for the heads up. No way am I getting these phones for my kids.

Comment

I think geek goggles could be pretty cool. Esp if you could watch movies/video. They are obviously ripping off this idea from google, but I think google tried it before the technology was ready.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
              Yeah. Thanks for the heads up. No way am I getting these phones for my kids.
              It is a good possibility that if your teenagers have a smartphone, they have iPhones. 83 percent of U.S. teens own an iPhone. And even more say that their next smartphone will be an iPhone. All the cool kids have iPhones. And if they have iPhones they are most likely playing games:

Video game industry is booming with continued revenue
              [...]
              Gamers around the world will likely spend around $138 billion on games this year, according to Newzoo’s Global Games Market Report. [2018]
              [...]
              Greenberg predicts the video gaming trend will only accelerate, as engagement grows with young people, women and on college campuses. She said more than half of teenagers play video games and for several hours each day. Video games are also cheaper to consume than cable television or going to the movies, she said.
              [...]
              https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/18/vide...d-revenue.html

When Apple Arcade is available next week, you should get the family subscription for the $5/mo. You will save money on entertaining your kids.

Hey, it is better than them getting into gummy bear flavored vaping... https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/11/healt...ile/index.html
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I think geek goggles could be pretty cool. Esp if you could watch movies/video. They are obviously ripping off this idea from google, but I think google tried it before the technology was ready.
                Yeah, google is dumb... as usual.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah, google is dumb... as usual.
                  Don’t let Lebowski get to you. Remember when he called the AirPods dorky? Or something like that. According to my high school kids, AirPods are the coolest earphones you can have, even cooler than those really large beats. I guess they are dorky for a middle aged white male that lives in a place that Lucky jeans are still considered super cool.

The Apple TV+ coming in at $4.99 for a family subscription is crazy. I’ll definitely
                  subscribe for that but obviously I won’t need to since my subscription will be free with my iPhone 11 Pro I may even try out the Apple Arcade, but probably not during the school year. My kids like games but I can’t remember the last time I played a game on my phone.

Back to the iPhone 11 Pro, that camera tech is amazing. It’s way more advanced than anything I’ll use, but the three cameras recording at the same time, sorry, four camera if you want to capture the videographer, is insanely cool and long overdue. I don’t think the Samsung phone can do that and the wide angle lenses are awesome. Perfect for selfies and I’m sure my kids will be doing a lot of slofies.

The phone tech isn’t maxed out and likely won’t be for a long time. Everyone gets down when apple doesn’t come out with a showstopper, but the camera tech is a big leap. Before that, the Face ID security is big. Just because their phone doesn’t cure cancer doesn’t mean things aren’t progressing well.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    Don’t let Lebowski get to you. Remember when he called the AirPods dorky? Or something like that. According to my high school kids, AirPods are the coolest earphones you can have, even cooler than those really large beats. I guess they are dorky for a middle aged white male that lives in a place that Lucky jeans are still considered super cool.

The Apple TV+ coming in at $4.99 for a family subscription is crazy. I’ll definitely
                    subscribe for that but obviously I won’t need to since my subscription will be free with my iPhone 11 Pro I may even try out the Apple Arcade, but probably not during the school year. My kids like games but I can’t remember the last time I played a game on my phone.

Back to the iPhone 11 Pro, that camera tech is amazing. It’s way more advanced than anything I’ll use, but the three cameras recording at the same time, sorry, four camera if you want to capture the videographer, is insanely cool and long overdue. I don’t think the Samsung phone can do that and the wide angle lenses are awesome. Perfect for selfies and I’m sure my kids will be doing a lot of slofies.

The phone tech isn’t maxed out and likely won’t be for a long time. Everyone gets down when apple doesn’t come out with a showstopper, but the camera tech is a big leap. Before that, the Face ID security is big. Just because their phone doesn’t cure cancer doesn’t mean things aren’t progressing well.
                    You two should get a room and make out.

I am getting to him by saying that geek goggles would be cool?

Comment

• What's really great about the A13 chip is that it performs like the Snapdragon 845 when the capacity of the battery drops drops below around 98% after a couple months of use. Fool me once, shame on you shitheads.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

You two should get a room and make out.

I am getting to him by saying that geek goggles would be cool?
                        And take a slofie with those awesome new cameras while you're doing it.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          And take a slofie with those awesome new cameras while you're doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                            What's really great about the A13 chip is that it performs like the Snapdragon 845 when the capacity of the battery drops drops below around 98% after a couple months of use. Fool me once, shame on you shitheads.
                            I guess you didn't noticed that the battery life on the iPhone 11 Pro Max is 5 hours longer than the old one... You can watch videos for 20 frick'n hours straight.

In the A13 they put in six cores in the application CPU. Four cores are low power and save your battery. Two cores are high performance. Your iPhone will ask you if you want to put it in low power mode when your battery is low.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              Yeah, Apple is selling the heck out of those AirPods. My wife thought she wouldn't like them either. I got her a pair and now I can't get them out of her ears. I bet JL hasn't even tried them.

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              Yeah, Apple TV+ is great and they are throwing it in with all the new iDevices. You can get Apple Arcade but just disable it on your kids' phone using parental controls except for maybe on the weekends or when they are being good or something.

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

It shouldn't be long before the Apple Watch cures cancer (or at least detect it). The health stuff is already amazing...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• oh brother

Comment

Working...
                                X