Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Jan. 27 launch event... what will it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
    Apple's new cheese grater costs more than a BMW, literally.

https://qz.com/1765449/the-apple-mac...st-over-50000/
    But it is damn nice... Doesn't everyone need 1.5 TB of memory? The new MacBook Pro 16" with 64GB of RAM, 8TB SSD, 8GB on the GPU, and 8 cores on the main is very nice as well. You know that you want it.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      But it is damn nice... Doesn't everyone need 1.5 TB of memory? The new MacBook Pro 16" with 64GB of RAM, 8TB SSD, 8GB on the GPU, and 8 cores on the main is very nice as well. You know that you want it.
      Well, I would want a BMW more, but I'm not going to waste my money on either.

I guess my employer is more likely to shell out for the MacBook than the BMW, so there is that.

Comment

• Apple settles class action lawsuit over its abusive tactic of slowing down older phones to promote sales of newer phones.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/02/tech/...i26sTk55JB4BvU
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Apple settles class action lawsuit over its abusive tactic of slowing down older phones to promote sales of newer phones.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/02/tech/...i26sTk55JB4BvU
          I still can't believe they did this. Despicable.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• And Ted is nowhere to be found...
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• $400 wheels without breaks

Comment

• Walter started this thread long ago. Before he went insane. Sigh. Sad.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• The new Mac... powered by Apple silicon. Bye bye Intel.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/22/new-...tel---kuo.html
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The new Mac... powered by Apple silicon. Bye bye Intel.

Intel did lose its process lead and it will like take them 5 years to get it back, if they do. They got too fat and lost focus across too many lines of business.

That being said, it's probably more accurate to say the Mac is powered by TSMC silicon.

I've been to several of the TSMC fabs in Hsinchu. Ethnic-Chinese white collar workers with Bangladeshi labor. It used to be Filipino labor but it's cheaper to import Bangladeshis even though the Philippines is much closer geographically. They rack and stack the Bangladeshis into dorms and bus them in for their shifts. Just stand outside the service entrance of the fab at shift change time and watch the buses packed with labor roll in and out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                      Intel did lose its process lead and it will like take them 5 years to get it back, if they do. They got too fat and lost focus across too many lines of business.

That being said, it's probably more accurate to say the Mac is powered by TSMC silicon.*

I've been to several of the TSMC fabs in Hsinchu. Ethnic-Chinese white collar workers with Bangladeshi labor. It used to be Filipino labor but it's cheaper to import Bangladeshis even though the Philippines is much closer geographically. They rack and stack the Bangladeshis into dorms and bus them in for their shifts. Just stand outside the service entrance of the fab at shift change time and watch the buses packed with labor roll in and out.
                      FIFY

*Designed by Apple in California and Texas.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

now if they can just put a keyboard on a macbook pro that isn't a gigantic piece of shit, i'll buy a new one
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                          now if they can just put a keyboard on a macbook pro that isn't a gigantic piece of shit, i'll buy a new one
                          The one on the MacBook Pro 16" is great.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I just upgraded my 13" MacBook Pro. I can't lie- that Touch Bar has me geeked!
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

This isn't the best news. It will further screw up the ability of creative software/hardware companies to offer dual-platform solutions. Right now in the creative world, the PC has gained back a lot of market share.

Comment

Damn...

“We expect that ARM Mac models outperform Intel Mac models by over 50%-100%,”
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X