Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192
Results 2,731 to 2,756 of 2756

Thread: Apple Jan. 27 launch event... what will it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Same here. I tried a pair. Besides looking like a huge f***ing dork, they don't stay in my ear. I even tried those silicon things that Ted linked, but it was a huge PITA so I gave them to my wife and now I use a pair of cheaper Chinese earbuds that work just fine. They also have a wireless recharge case, pair easily, etc.
    Same here. And they only cost 1/5th the price of air pods.

Plus I don't have an iPhone.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

My wife loves her air pods, but I don't like them. I have the same issues with ear size. They just feel like they're ready to fall out. They do have decent sound however.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    My wife thought she wouldn't like them either. I got her a pair and now I can't get them out of her ears.
    Possible reasons why:

- She really likes them
    - She's feigning interest
    - They're stuck in her ears
    - She's not interested in what people around her are saying
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    DId not know that, but still too much.
    Stop being so cheap. you are starting to sound like JL...

Same here. I tried a pair. Besides looking like a huge f***ing dork, they don't stay in my ear. I even tried those silicon things that Ted linked, but it was a huge PITA so I gave them to my wife and now I use a pair of cheaper Chinese earbuds that work just fine. They also have a wireless recharge case, pair easily, etc.
    But can you find those cheap Chinese AirPods knock-offs with "Find my iPhone" when you misplace them?

So how does your wife like her AirPods?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Same here. And they only cost 1/5th the price of air pods.

Plus I don't have an iPhone.
    Why don't you take your cheap Chinese malware running devices and find some other thread?
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Why don't you take your cheap Chinese malware running devices and find some other thread?
    I was under the impression that iPhones and AirPods were Chinese-made. Am I wrong?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Possible reasons why:

- She really likes them
    - She's feigning interest
    - They're stuck in her ears
    - She's not interested in what people around her are saying
    -As long as they are in she can't hear Uncle Ted extol the virtues of Apple products.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

-As long as they are in she can't hear Uncle Ted extol the virtues of Apple products.
    Would that not be included under my last option?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I was under the impression that iPhones and AirPods were Chinese-made. Am I wrong?
    Yes. Designed by Apple in California (and Texas). Assembled in China.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Yes. Designed by Apple in California (and Texas). Assembled in China.

Oh good. So I am in the right place.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Would that not be included under my last option?
    Generally. But maybe she does it just for UT.

I didn't realize you were so sensitive about your work here. Going forward I'll try to make sure I don't implicitly or expressly duplicate without a very good reason.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

I didn't realize you were so sensitive about your work here. Going forward I'll try to make sure I don't implicitly or expressly duplicate without a very good reason.
    Thank you for recognizing my sensitivity. I feel validated.
    - Goatnapper'96

iPhone 11 Pro is preordered
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Thank you for recognizing my sensitivity. I feel validated.
    Sheesh. The rest of us know what a delicate soul Pelado is, and have been treating him with kid gloves for years now. And Creekster only realizes it now?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    iPhone 11 Pro is preordered
    Good... now go and get JL to partake.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Sheesh. The rest of us know what a delicate soul Pelado is, and have been treating him with kid gloves for years now. And Creekster only realizes it now?!?
    Some are not as cognizant as others.
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Recognizing sensitivities is not my strong suit.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

But can you find those cheap Chinese AirPods knock-offs with "Find my iPhone" when you misplace them?

So how does your wife like her AirPods?
    She likes them. After a couple of weeks, they disappeared. She and I looked everywhere in the house with no luck. I tried the "Find my Airpods" option, but apparently that only works when they are out of the case and turned on, making it a mostly useless feature. We gave up and a few weeks later she put on her coat and reached in her pocket and there they were. We probably should have said a prayer, I guess. I hear that works pretty well.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

She likes them. After a couple of weeks, they disappeared. She and I looked everywhere in the house with no luck. I tried the "Find my Airpods" option, but apparently that only works when they are out of the case and turned on, making it a mostly useless feature. We gave up and a few weeks later she put on her coat and reached in her pocket and there they were. We probably should have said a prayer, I guess. I hear that works pretty well.
    Always in the last place you look.
    - Goatnapper'96

Always in the last place you look.
    I hate that fact. So to counter it, I sometimes keep looking for something even after I found it.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Pelado is one of the nicest, most laid-back guys on the board. If a simple post like this irritates you, it might be time to do a little self reflection.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Pelado is one of the nicest, most laid-back guys on the board. If a simple post like this irritates you, it might be time to do a little self reflection.
    I'm also very sensitive, so I appreciate creekster's commitment to tread lightly around my posts.
    - Goatnapper'96

I am very glad that you are here to police posts that might indicate the poster needs moments of self-reflection. How else would we manage? Thank you for your efforts, because it was not like Pelado and I were able to manage without your intervention. I look forward to further guidance from you in the future. If I am not on the board much this weekend, please be sure that it is only because I am in the corner, self-reflecting, according to your very valuable suggestion.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

I'm also very sensitive, so I appreciate creekster's commitment to tread lightly around my posts.
    Light like butterfly kisses, my friend, I assure you
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

I am very glad that you are here to police posts that might indicate the poster needs moments of self-reflection. How else would we manage? Thank you for your efforts, because it was not like Pelado and I were able to manage without your intervention. I look forward to further guidance from you in the future. If I am not on the board much this weekend, please be sure that it is only because I am in the corner, self-reflecting, according to your very valuable suggestion.
    There you go. This post proves you are not uptight at all!

There you go. This post proves you are not uptight at all!

True, so true. But with your help I hope to overcome my shortcomings!
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.