Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Jan. 27 launch event... what will it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
    I'm too lazy to do any real research on this, so I'll ask here. It looked like you could get data from the AT&T network for $30/month, with no contract. What if you are already an AT&T customer with an iPhone? Does your $30/month iPhone data plan include the iPad if you have one, or would you need to pony up an additional $30/month for the iPad?
    Well, you have to pony up $30 for each iPhone you have, so I would guess you would have to pay an additional $30 for the iPad.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

One thing not touched on, that i will be tremendously disappointed if not included. Multitasking.

Comment

The thing I like is the ability to edit documents. I wonder if it will come with a pen of some sort so you can write directly on the screen. Overall I like it. I'll probably get the second gen iPad.
        Not that, sickos.

Comment

A CNN tech gadget went all over the iPad and said it doesn't include flash, which means there is no video.

Comment

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
            http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=13366

Many people questioned the logic of the iphone when it was first released. Consider how long it took supposedly real competition to catch up?

The ipad will change consumer behavior even more dramatically than the iphone.
            Really? I guess I'm not getting it. It looks like just a big iphone. Is it marketed primarily for multimedia? There are lots of people out there than own an iMAC and an iPHONE. What is the appeal to them?

Comment

Looks promising, but too expensive.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Mrs. Donut has been waiting for the iPad for a long time. Today is a good day.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I am still not sold. So it's like an 8.5" x 11" iTouch?

Is there a stand for this thing? Or do you have to hold it the entire time? Who wants to hold this thing to watch a movie for two hours?
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                    Apple stock fell 5% today! Investors were not impressed.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/27/tech...d_apple_stock/

Or were they?

http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/27/tech...d_apple_stock/

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Looks promising, but too expensive.
                      It is too expensive as of right now ... the price will drop as it did with the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAzzuri View Post
                        Really? I guess I'm not getting it. It looks like just a big iphone. Is it marketed primarily for multimedia? There are lots of people out there than own an iMAC and an iPHONE. What is the appeal to them?
                        I teach Multimedia and Graphic Design. We've already been preparing to make changes to curriculum even though it was less than certain that Apple would even release a tablet.

Consider that digital SLR's now shoot HD video and then relook at the example Space Ghost posted:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ntyXvLnxyXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ntyXvLnxyXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Heck, I can get a pocket kodak video camera that shoots in 1080p! Half of my students graduate and then are hired by text book publishing companies such as McGraw Hill to develop multimedia content for Universities all over North America. As of right now the content is packaged as a Flash app or in a PDF, or PowerPoint. With this tablet they will now only need to make one app for students to purchase and download from itunes. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Comment

I think people are really underestimating the impact of this product. It's going to be everywhere. I think it'll be almost as big as the iPhone.
                          That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

Originally posted by tooblue View Post
                            I teach Multimedia and Graphic Design. We've already been preparing to make changes to curriculum even though it was less than certain that Apple would even release a tablet.

Consider that digital SLR's now shoot HD video and then relook at the example Space Ghost posted:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ntyXvLnxyXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ntyXvLnxyXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Heck, I can get a pocket kodak video camera that shoots in 1080p! Half of my students graduate and then are hired by text book publishing companies such as McGraw Hill to develop multimedia content for Universities all over North America. As of right now the content is packaged as a Flash app or in a PDF, or PowerPoint. With this tablet they will now only need to make one app for students to purchase and download from itunes. That's just the tip of the iceberg.
                            Imagine reading the classic Where The Wild Things Are and on any given page hitting a play button that cuts away to the feature film? The possibilities are mind boggling.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
                              I think people are really underestimating the impact of this product. It's going to be everywhere. I think it'll be almost as big as the iPhone.
                              It will eclipse the iphone.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
                                I remember hearing something similar when Apple unveiled "Mac" all those years ago.

Flash forward to today and PCs still have almost 90% of the world market share.

I love apple products. Let's calm down with the "change the world" stuff. On pure proliferation, PCs have "changed the world" much more dramatically than anything apple has done. Although Apple has produced some very influential products.
                                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X