Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Jan. 27 launch event... what will it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/apple-anno...ry?id=59791951

Well... there goes the neighborhood.
    Austin's horrible traffic is about to get way worse. Yeesh.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Austin's horrible traffic is about to get way worse. Yeesh.
      Yeah, why couldn't have they selected somewhere on the "silicon slopes" along I-15?

The weird thing is that Tim Cook mentioned some time back they weren't going to make a major expansion in Austin and was looking somewhere outside of Cali and Texas. I am guessing the availability of Whataburger in Austin sealed the deal.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah, why couldn't have they selected somewhere on the "silicon slopes" along I-15?

The weird thing is that Tim Cook mentioned some time back they weren't going to make a major expansion in Austin and was looking somewhere outside of Cali and Texas. I am guessing the availability of Whataburger in Austin sealed the deal.
        Not enough woke liberals in Utah, I guess.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• The campus is planned for Williamson County—not Austin. It’s roughly the equivalent of pretending Levi’s Stadium is in San Francisco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
            The campus is planned for Williamson County—not Austin. It’s roughly the equivalent of pretending Levi’s Stadium is in San Francisco.
            But ain't nobody know where Williamson County is.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
              The campus is planned for Williamson County—not Austin. It’s roughly the equivalent of pretending Levi’s Stadium is in San Francisco.
              Wait... Apple is building in Round Rock? Well, at least Austin has the F1 track. Or is that actually in Elroy?
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Well, at least Austin has the F1 track. Or is that actually in Elroy?
                It’s in Del Valle, near the surf park.

Comment

• Apple Card

What’s next, Apple plates? Apple shoes? Apple apples?
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    Apple Card
                    Why have a dumb credit card when you can have an Apple Card?

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    What’s next, Apple plates? Apple shoes? Apple apples?
                    No, Apple News+, Apple TV+, and Apple Arcade.

Apple News+ is cool. 300+ magazine stand publications for $10/mo for the family. This includes the Wall Street Journal which is more than that alone.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• so a netflix clone, a amazon prime clone, and a credit card

Comment

Why have a dumb credit card when you can have an Apple Card?

No, Apple News+, Apple TV+, and Apple Arcade.

Apple News+ is cool. 300+ magazine stand publications for $10/mo for the family. This includes the Wall Street Journal which is more than that alone.
                        I tried to sign up for the free trial of Apple news. I couldn’t sign up because my work computer is a PC. Guess I need to use my phone or iMac at home? How is this thing not web based?
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Magazines. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Magazines. Lol.
                            Yes, over 300 of them plus newspapers! All less than what it costs just for the WSJ (which is included).
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              I tried to sign up for the free trial of Apple news. I couldn’t sign up because my work computer is a PC. Guess I need to use my phone or iMac at home? How is this thing not web based?
                              Yeah, you need to use your iPhone, Mac, or one of those new iPad Minis with the latest OS.

Now the new Apple TV+ service will work on a bunch of devices:
                              • Apple TV (HD and 4K)
                              • iPhone
                              • iPad
                              • Amazon Fire TV devices (via update in the future)
                              • Roku devices (via update in the future)
                              • LG OLED (2019)
                              • LG NanoCell SM9X (2019)
                              • LG NanoCell SM8X (2019)
                              • LG UHD UM7X (2019)
                              • Samsung QLED (2018 and 2019)
                              • Samsung 8 Series (2018 and 2019)
                              • Samsung 7 Series (2018 and 2019)
                              • Samsung 6 Series (2018 and 2019)
                              • Samsung 5 Series (2018 and 2019)
                              • Samsung 4 Series (2018 and 2019)
                              • Sony Z9G (2019)
                              • Sony A9G (2019)
                              • Sony X950G (2019)
                              • Sony X850G (2019) - 85", 75", 65", and 55" models
                              • Vizio P-Series Quantum (2018 and 2019)
                              • Vizio P-Series (2017, 2018, and 2019)
                              • Vizio M-Series (2017, 2018, and 2019)
                              • Vizio E-Series (2017, 2018, and 2019)
                              • Vizio D-Series (2017, 2018, and 2019)

Apple has also stated that other TVs and devices will gain support for Apple TV+ "in the future."
                              Did I ever mention how much freak'n money Apple is making off services?
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah, you need to use your iPhone, Mac, or one of those new iPad Minis with the latest OS.

Now the new Apple TV+ service will work on a bunch of devices:

Did I ever mention how much freak'n money Apple is making off services?
                                It’s been fun to watch Tim Cook follow Jeff Bezos. I guess Tim saw how much money amazon web services was making and wanted to emulate that.

Comment

Working...
                                X