Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple Jan. 27 launch event... what will it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
    senior moment?
    Pretty much.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• So, apparently there are new iphones now. Kinda thought Ted would have vomited the news all over us already.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        So, apparently there are new iphones now. Kinda thought Ted would have vomited the news all over us already.
        Seems like a pretty blah event. Upgrades to the iPhone and the Apple Watch. Meh. I think I’ll stick with my iPhone 8 until next years releaee.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• ordering the big screen new one tonight!
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
            ordering the big screen new one tonight!
            Isn’t it almost the size of an iPad mini?
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              ordering the big screen new one tonight!
              Go big with the $1500 version.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                Isn’t it almost the size of an iPad mini?
                i dunno. i liked my 6 and 7 plus though.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I joined the AirPod bandwagon last month. I couldn’t find my old skull candy earphones so I ran over to Apple and picked up some AirPods. Now I’m wondering why I waited so long. They are incredible and well worth the cost. They are perfectly designed. Oddly enough, they even fit my ears, which no apple earphone has fit before.

Comment

I joined the AirPod bandwagon last month. I couldn’t find my old skull candy earphones so I ran over to Apple and picked up some AirPods. Now I’m wondering why I waited so long. They are incredible and well worth the cost. They are perfectly designed. Oddly enough, they even fit my ears, which no apple earphone has fit before.
                    Good... Now go get JL to partake.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      Good... Now go get JL to partake.
                      JL thinks they look dorky, which is ironic.

Comment

JL thinks they look dorky, which is ironic.
                        I was quoting a funny review, you dork.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          I was quoting a funny review, you dork.

Comment

• Get an Apple Watch series 4... it might save your life:

Heading to a cardiologist.....

Ok holy hell.... strap in.
                            If you have the Apple Watch 4 please please update to the new firmware released yesterday and take your ECG.
                            I did last night and tried it out. Weird. Abnormal heat rate notifications. Ran the ECG app and came back afib. Well...glitchy firmware. Let’s try again. Afib. Again and again and again. Piece of crap watch.
                            My wife wakes up and I put it on her. Normal. Normal. Me afib. Try the other wrist, try the underside of the wrist. Every time afib warning.
                            Ok. So go to Patient First. Parking lot full and I’m going to blow it off and head home. Look at the watch again, afib again.
                            Fine walk in and sign in. They ask what’s wrong and I’m embarrassed. ‘Ok so there is a new watch feature....hahaha....I’m silly but can we check this?”
                            I did not know that this comment was a quick queue pass for Patient First. I’m taken right back and hooked up. The technician looks at the screen and says “I’m going to get the doctor”
                            Doctor comes in, looks at the screen, looks at me and says “You should buy Apple stock. This probably saved you. I read about this last night and thought we would see an upswing this week. I didn’t expect it first thing this morning.”
                            Soooo long story short, heading to a cardiologist right now.
                            Test yourself. I didn’t have a clue. I may not ever have.
                            https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/..._cardiologist/
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Get an Apple Watch series 4... it might save your life:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/..._cardiologist/
                              Hopefully the stock recommendation wasn’t given at the end of September.

Comment

• Apple announces $1 billion campus in Texas, part of plan to create 20,000 US jobs by 2023

Apple is expanding its presence in the U.S. as a part of a billion-dollar investment that the company said would generate at least 5,000 new jobs.

The iPhone maker will build a new $1 billion campus in Austin, Texas, and open new offices in Seattle, San Diego and Culver City, California, to broaden its U.S. footprint, according to a statement released early Thursday morning.

"Apple is proud to bring new investment, jobs and opportunity to cities across the United States and to significantly deepen our quarter-century partnership with the city and people of Austin," Apple CEO Tim Cook said in a press release. "[W]ith this new expansion, we're redoubling our commitment to cultivating the high-tech sector and workforce nationwide."
                                [...]
                                https://abcnews.go.com/US/apple-anno...ry?id=59791951

Well... there goes the neighborhood.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X