Cookie Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HFN,

I love the topless-cooking/apron-over-the-bare chest look. Your son cracks me up. Also, I dig the beard. I told danimal he needs to start growing one. I especially like that you shave around the mouth. I assume this is so your wife will still kiss you. Scruffy beard kiss = chaffed wife mouth.
    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
    -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
      dont get pushy. ;-) I'll dig it out tomorrow.
      Post the recipe, Monkey Man. It's been over eight months.

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
        HFN,

I love the topless-cooking/apron-over-the-bare chest look. Your son cracks me up. Also, I dig the beard. I told danimal he needs to start growing one. I especially like that you shave around the mouth. I assume this is so your wife will still kiss you. Scruffy beard kiss = chaffed wife mouth.
        The boy is insane and I love him. I shave around the mouth because I don't really grow a mustache, it is thin and wispy and I hate it, Mrs. HFN has never mentioned a preference.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          Post the recipe, Monkey Man. It's been over eight months.
          He sent it to me via PM. Eight months ago. Delish.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
            HFN,

I loved that photo also. Cooking with kids is one of my favorite things to do. It is a great bonding experience.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

A 2 page cookie recipe thread with only 4 actual recipies. Well, here is a 5th, Grandpa Everton's Oatmeal cookies. Feel free to play around with replacing chocolate chips with raisins, or coconut with walnuts. They are better a little undercooked than overcooked. At SLC altitude, 11-12 minutes is just right to get a crisp outside and chewy inside.

½ cup Shortening
              ½ cup brown sugar
              ½ cup sugar
              cream together

1 beaten egg
              2 Tbs water
              ½ tsp vanilla
              Add to mixture

2 Tbs + ¾ cup flour
              ½ tsp baking powder
              ¼ tsp banking soda
              ½ tsp salt
              Sift and add

2 cups rolled oats
              1 cup coconut
              6 oz chocolate chips

Final mixture should be stiff but not quite dry. Add slightly more or less oats to obtain right consistency. Drop on greased baking sheet and bake at 375 for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Comment

Cake-like oreos:

2 packages chocolate cake mix
                4 eggs
                2/3 cup vegetable oil

Stir all ingredients until well blended. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Slightly flatten the balls with the back of a spoon.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in a preheated oven at 325 degrees, until firm. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.

Filling:
                8 oz package cream cheese, softened
                3 cups confectioners' powdered sugar
                1 tbsp vanilla extract

Beat together until smooth. Spread between two cooled cookies.
                Last edited by Fiyero; 09-08-2009, 07:58 PM. Reason: Slightly better version

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  He sent it to me via PM. Eight months ago. Delish.
                  I never felt like this board was clique-ish until right now.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    I never felt like this board was clique-ish until right now.
                    lol. Well, it's his recipe. He should post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      lol. Well, it's his recipe. He should post it.
                      If you don't post it, everyone will think you're a coward.

Still though, how weird is it that creekster pm'd it to you? Especially after specifically letting everyone know he had it. I get that its a "Mrs. Fields" recipe, but unless he's sitting on a franchise I doubt he's violating an NDA by posting it here.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        If you don't post it, everyone will think you're a coward.

Still though, how weird is it that creekster pm'd it to you? Especially after specifically letting everyone know he had it. I get that its a "Mrs. Fields" recipe, but unless he's sitting on a franchise I doubt he's violating an NDA by posting it here.
                        Actually, it is not really a Mrs. Fields recipe. That appears to be an urban legend:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/foo...kie_recipe.htm

But it's still a good recipe. You can google dozens of variants of the recipe online. Here is the version I got from creekster. You probably want to cut it back by at least half as it makes a huge number of cookies.

Mrs. Fields Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

1 lb. Butter
                        2 C sugar
                        2 C brown sugar
                        4 Eggs
                        3 C nuts
                        2 tsp vanilla extract
                        2 tsp baking powder
                        2 tsp baking soda
                        4 1/2 C Flour
                        5 C Oats
                        1 lb raisins
                        1 t salt

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs. Add vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour and fold in oats.

Cook 8-10 minutes.

Comment

Mrs. Fields is a serious roll of toilet paper. Well maybe not the actual Mrs. Fields but the company. About 11 years ago they totally stiffed my on a tip when I delivered 40 pizzas to their office on the 6200 S. I-215 exit. I have never forgotten!
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Best ever chocolate chip cookies. Very simple, but totally awesome:

1 cup butter
                            3/4 cup sugar
                            1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs
                            2 t vanilla

3 cups four
                            1/2 t salt
                            3/4 t baking soda

1 cup chocolate chips

Cream the butter and sugars together. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients and add to the rest. Then the chips (can't remember the quantity of chips for sure - go with what looks good.)

IMO, the best chocolate chip cookies are still a little gooey when you pull them out of the oven and put them on a cooling rack. That will give them the best consistency when you eat them a few minutes later. In my oven, that means 340 degrees for 12 min.

Don't overmix. There is a significant difference between doing this all by hand with a wooden spoon (preferred) and using beaters or a mixer.

This is a very simple recipe, but with real butter and vanilla, you can't go wrong. I usually cut this recipe in half and make 24 cookies.
                            "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Can I just say that baking cookies in a convection oven is a whole new world of greatness? We have several good recipes that have always worked pretty well, but they are amazing in our new oven.
                              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                                Can I just say that baking cookies in a convection oven is a whole new world of greatness? We have several good recipes that have always worked pretty well, but they are amazing in our new oven.
                                I agree convection is the way to go, I have really liked it.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X