Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 318

Thread: Cookie Recipes

  1. #1
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,992

    Default Cookie Recipes

    Some posts in that food pet peeves thread gave me an idea (I happen to be hungry at the moment). Let's share our favorite cookie recipes. I'll go first.

    The following is an old family recipe and is my all-time favorite. They are very good cold, but are simply divine directly from the oven with a glass of milk.

    Ginger Snaps (aka Molasses Cookies)

    2 C sugar
    ½ C butter (do not use margarine!!)
    1 C shortening
    2 eggs
    ½ C molasses (Granny’s is a good brand)
    4 C flour
    3 t baking soda
    1 ½ t cinnamon
    1 t salt
    1 t ginger

    Cream the sugar, butter and shortening. Add remaining ingredients and beat together. Roll into small balls and roll in sugar.
    Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees. How long you cook it depends on your preference. We like them crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. To do this, you need to take them out while they are still quite soft and let them sit a minute before you take them off the sheet. Experiment to find what you like. We generally cook for 8-10 minutes in a convection oven.


    Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 10-23-2009 at 10:15 PM.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  2. #2
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,934

    Default

    "THIS IS TRUE----PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT AND PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERY PERSON YOU KNOW WHO HAS AN E-MAIL ADDRESS....THIS IS REALLY TERRIFIC."

    My daughter & I had just finished a salad at Neiman-Marcus Cafe in Dallas & decided to have a small dessert. Because both of us are such cookie lovers, we decided to try the "Neiman-Marcus Cookie". {EDITORIAL COMMENT: Neiman's is a VERY EXPENSIVE department store in the United States a.k.a. Needless Markup}.

    It was so excellent that I asked if they would give me the recipe and the waitress said with a small frown, "I'm afraid not." "Well", I said, would you let me buy the recipe?"

    With a cute smile, she said, "Yes." I asked how much, and she responded, "only two fifty, it's a great deal!" I said with approval, "just add it to my tab."

    Thirty days later, I received my VISA statement from Neiman-Marcus and it was $285.00. I looked again and I remembered I had only spent $9.95 for two salads and about $20.00 for a scarf. As I glanced at the bottom of the statement, it said, "Cookie Recipe $250.00."

    That's outrageous!! I called Neiman's Accounting Dept. and told them the waitress said it was "two-fifty," which clearly does not mean "two hundred and fifty dollars" by any *POSSIBLE* interpretation of the phrase. Neiman-Marcus refused to budge. They would not refund my money, because according to them, "What the waitress told you is not our problem. You have already seen the recipe - we absolutely will not refund your money at this point."

    I explained to her the criminal statutes which govern fraud in Texas, I threatened to refer them to the Better Business Bureau and the State's Attorney General for engaging in fraud. I was basically told, "Do what you want, we don't give a crap, and we're not refunding your money."

    I waited, thinking of how I could get even, or even try and get any of my money back. I just said, "Okay, you folks got my $250, and now I'm going to have $250.00 worth of fun."

    I told her that I was going to see to it that every cookie lover in the United States with an e-mail account has a $250.00 cookie recipe from Neiman-Marcus for free. She replied," I wish you wouldn't do this." I said, "Well, you should have thought of that before you ripped me off", and slammed down the phone on her. So, here it is!!!

    Please, please, please pass it on to everyone you can possibly think of. I paid $250 dollars for this... I don't want Neiman-Marcus to *EVER* get another penny off of this recipe....

    Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe

    (Recipe may be halved):
    2 cups butter
    4 cups flour
    2 tsp. soda
    2 cups sugar
    5 cups blended oatmeal**
    24 oz. chocolate chips
    2 cups brown sugar
    1 tsp. salt
    1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
    4 eggs
    2 tsp. baking powder
    2 tsp. vanilla
    3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

    ** Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.

    Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.

    Have fun!!! This is *NOT* a joke --- this is a true story..
    Ride free, citizens!

  3. #3
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    "THIS IS TRUE----PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT AND PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERY PERSON YOU KNOW WHO HAS AN E-MAIL ADDRESS....THIS IS REALLY TERRIFIC."
    Are you mocking me?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  4. #4
    sweet triple TripletDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    58,326

    Default

    The NM cookie recipe urban legend is annoying. A credit card statement that itemizes the overall charges by individual SKU? Please.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.


  5. #5
    Senior Member myboynoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Land of the Morning Calm
    Posts
    14,565

    Default

    I love nuts in a cookie; preferably walnuts.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    I love nuts in a cookie; preferably walnuts.
    This may be the second time* in my life when I have thought... "If only I had married MBN."

    Walnuts make any baked good better. Danimal disagrees.

    *Of course the first time was when I caught a glimpse of those white overalls. Rarr!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Some posts in that food pet peeves thread gave me an idea (I happen to be hungry at the moment). Let's share our favorite cookie recipes. I'll go first.

    The following is an old family recipe and is my all-time favorite. They are very good cold, but are simply divine directly from the oven with a glass of milk.

    Ginger Snaps (aka Molasses Cookies)

    2 C sugar
    ½ C butter (do not use margarine!!)
    1 C shortening
    2 eggs
    ½ C molasses (Granny’s is a good brand)
    4 C flour
    3 t baking soda
    1 ½ t cinnamon
    1 t salt
    1 t ginger

    Cream the sugar, butter and shortening. Add remaining ingredients and beat together. Roll into small balls and roll in sugar.
    Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees. How long you cook it depends on your preference. We like them crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. To do this, you need to take them out while they are still quite soft and let them sit a minute before you take them off the sheet. Experiment to find what you like.



    Thanks. I think will try this sometime. I like ginger snaps. I am a cookie monster though. I love all cookies.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
    This may be the second time* in my life when I have thought... "If only I had married MBN."

    Walnuts make any baked good better. Danimal disagrees.

    *Of course the first time was when I caught a glimpse of those white overalls. Rarr!
    Third time for me and agree about the white overalls.

  9. #9

    Default

    Pride of Iowa cookies

    1 cup brown sugar
    1 cup butter
    1 cup coconut
    ½ teaspoon salt
    3 cups quick oats
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    2 cups flour
    1 cup chopped nuts

    Preheat oven to 325 F.
    Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and oatmeal. Stir in coconut and nuts. Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.


    Other yummy additions I have tried: chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, raisins or cranberries and orange zest

  10. #10
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Are you mocking me?
    No, I was just trying to be humorous. If this was failblog I would go back and stamp a giant fail on it. Sorry.

  11. #11
    Golf & Cubs Disrespecter beelzebabette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake Valley
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    No, I was just trying to be humorous. If this was failblog I would go back and stamp a giant fail on it. Sorry.
    FTR, I laughed when I saw it.

  12. #12
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    21,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
    Pride of Iowa cookies

    1 cup brown sugar
    1 cup butter
    1 cup coconut
    ½ teaspoon salt
    3 cups quick oats
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    2 cups flour
    1 cup chopped nuts

    Preheat oven to 325 F.
    Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and oatmeal. Stir in coconut and nuts. Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.


    Other yummy additions I have tried: chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, raisins or cranberries and orange zest
    what are cinnzmon chips? they so9und good.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  13. #13
    Where's Wallace? Surfah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    V to the izz-A.
    Posts
    32,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
    This may be the second time* in my life when I have thought... "If only I had married MBN."

    Walnuts make any baked good better. Danimal disagrees.

    *Of course the first time was when I caught a glimpse of those white overalls. Rarr!
    I love walnuts and macadamia nuts in cookies and brownies. They're also my favorite topping on a bowl of ice cream.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

  14. #14
    sweet triple TripletDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    58,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
    This may be the second time* in my life when I have thought... "If only I had married MBN."

    Walnuts make any baked good better. Danimal disagrees.

    *Of course the first time was when I caught a glimpse of those white overalls. Rarr!
    marsupial's streak of saying awesome stuff comes to an abrupt end.

    I'm allergic to walnuts.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.


  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    marsupial's streak of saying awesome stuff comes to an abrupt end.

    I'm allergic to walnuts.
    To that I say--Thank goodness I didn't marry you!

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    what are cinnzmon chips? they so9und good.
    I guess they are like white chocolate but cinnamon flavored and I don't know if Nestle makes them anymore or if they just make them during certain times of year or something. But I bought some years ago and they taste de-lish in oatmeal cookies.

  17. #17
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    21,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
    I guess they are like white chocolate but cinnamon flavored and I don't know if Nestle makes them anymore or if they just make them during certain times of year or something. But I bought some years ago and they taste de-lish in oatmeal cookies.
    I iwll look for them. I love most things cinammon.

    In case we're ever both single, btw, I have yet to come across a baked good with walnuts that I didn't like.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  18. #18
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,992

    Default

    I love oatmeal cookies. Mrs. Fields has an outstanding oatmeal raisin cookie. I have been searching for years but I haven't found a recipe that I would consider "great". Big and chunky, crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, raisins, maybe a few nuts, and a hint of cinnamon. If you have a good one, please post.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  19. #19
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    21,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I love oatmeal cookies. Mrs. Fields has an outstanding oatmeal raisin cookie. I have been searching for years but I haven't found a recipe that I would consider "great". Big and chunky, crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, raisins, maybe a few nuts, and a hint of cinnamon. If you have a good one, please post.
    I have Mrs Fields' actual recipe, if you want it. It is very good (although you need to reduce it; the recipe makes about 500 cookies) but it is a ltitle scary to see how much butter goes into those babies.
    Last edited by creekster; 01-16-2009 at 11:19 AM.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  20. #20
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    I have Mrs Fields actual recipe, if you want it. It is very good (although you need to reduce it; the recipe makes about 500 cookies) but it is a ltitle scary to see how much butter go into those babies.
    Please. Pretty please. Make me a happy man.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  21. #21
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    21,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Please. Pretty please. Make me a happy man.
    OK. I don't exactly carry it in my walle5t. I iwll get it this weekend (tonight I ma going to watch a semi=pro basketball team. Yup, the warriors).
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  22. #22
    Philosophical Goldilocks Gidget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    not with my in-laws
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    OK. I don't exactly carry it in my walle5t. I iwll get it this weekend (tonight I ma going to watch a semi=pro basketball team. Yup, the warriors).
    I want the recipe too. Oatmeal are my favorite!!!
    I am a philosophical Goldilocks, always looking for something neither too big nor too small, neither too hot nor too cold, something jussssst right. I'll send you a card from purgatory. - PAC

    You know how President Hinckley said he doesn't worry about those who pray? The same can be said for men who are self-aware enough to know when there's a life to be lived outside of the world of video games. - Anonymous

  23. #23
    Golf & Cubs Disrespecter beelzebabette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake Valley
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
    Pride of Iowa cookies

    1 cup brown sugar
    1 cup butter
    1 cup coconut
    ½ teaspoon salt
    3 cups quick oats
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    2 cups flour
    1 cup chopped nuts

    Preheat oven to 325 F.
    Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and oatmeal. Stir in coconut and nuts. Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.


    Other yummy additions I have tried: chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, raisins or cranberries and orange zest
    These were excellent! We (at my house) all agreed that this is yet another instance were coconut makes something good even better. Thanks for the recipe.

  24. #24
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    No, I was just trying to be humorous. If this was failblog I would go back and stamp a giant fail on it. Sorry.
    Actually it was kind of impressive. You combined a cookie recipe and a well-known urban legend all in one post.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  25. #25
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    46,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    OK. I don't exactly carry it in my walle5t. I iwll get it this weekend (tonight I ma going to watch a semi=pro basketball team. Yup, the warriors).
    (bump)
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  26. #26
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    21,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    (bump)
    dont get pushy. ;-) I'll dig it out tomorrow.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  27. #27
    sweet triple TripletDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    58,326

    Default

    I thought I would add a great one to Jeff Lebowski's thread. They are called "Ooey Gooey Double Chocolate" cookies.

    The recipe is actually from a bakery/ice cream shop here in LA called Milk. Milk is a pretty hot foodie spot in WeHo that does several things well, esp if you are cursed with a sweet tooth.

    Anyway, one of their signature cookies is the "Ooey Gooey." These things are perfect...baked just enough to stay together when you pick them up but they are half melted when you are biting into them.

    Recently, and for whatever reason, Bret Thompson, the owner of Milk, released the recipe. We tried the recipe and YOWZA....these babies are pretty tasty. Have a chilled glass of milk on hand and enjoy an apres-FHE treat worthy of serving to any guest. Beware....for those on diets, please sprint away from this recipe and never look back.

    Total time: 40 minutes, plus 1 hour chilling time for the batter
    Servings: 1 1/2 dozen

    1/4 pound (4 ounces) unsweetened chocolate
    4 tablespoons ( 1/2 stick) butter
    3 eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 cup flour
    2 tablespoons cocoa powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 pound bittersweet chocolate (chunks or chips)

    1. In a bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.

    2. In the bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a fork, combine the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Mix just until incorporated and set aside.

    3. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl. Set aside.

    4. Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture and mix just until combined. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients and mix just until combined, then stir in the bittersweet chocolate.

    5. Cover the batter with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill thoroughly. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.

    6. Divide the dough into 18 portions. Grease your hands (to prevent the dough from sticking) and shape the portions into balls. Place the balls on a greased, parchment-lined sheet pan, leaving 2 to 3 inches between each.

    7. Bake until the edges of the cookies are just set and the center is still soft, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Place the cookies, still on the parchment, on a rack and cool completely before serving. They will be very soft.

    Each cookie: 251 calories; 4 grams protein; 29 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams fiber; 18 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 42 mg. cholesterol; 92 mg. sodium.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.


  28. #28
    Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Eug
    Posts
    25,934

    Default

    DDD I hate you as much as I love you right now. These are amazing, Captain and I had a great treat making them, he had to go to bed while the batter cooled so he doesn't get to taste them until tomorrow morning, but the same is not true for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I thought I would add a great one to Jeff Lebowski's thread. They are called "Ooey Gooey Double Chocolate" cookies.

    The recipe is actually from a bakery/ice cream shop here in LA called Milk. Milk is a pretty hot foodie spot in WeHo that does several things well, esp if you are cursed with a sweet tooth.

    Anyway, one of their signature cookies is the "Ooey Gooey." These things are perfect...baked just enough to stay together when you pick them up but they are half melted when you are biting into them.

    Recently, and for whatever reason, Bret Thompson, the owner of Milk, released the recipe. We tried the recipe and YOWZA....these babies are pretty tasty. Have a chilled glass of milk on hand and enjoy an apres-FHE treat worthy of serving to any guest. Beware....for those on diets, please sprint away from this recipe and never look back.

    Total time: 40 minutes, plus 1 hour chilling time for the batter
    Servings: 1 1/2 dozen

    1/4 pound (4 ounces) unsweetened chocolate
    4 tablespoons ( 1/2 stick) butter
    3 eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 cup flour
    2 tablespoons cocoa powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 pound bittersweet chocolate (chunks or chips)

    1. In a bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.


    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    2. In the bowl of a mixer with a paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a fork, combine the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Mix just until incorporated and set aside.


    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    3. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl. Set aside.


    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    4. Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture and mix just until combined. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients and mix just until combined, then stir in the bittersweet chocolate.


    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    5. Cover the batter with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill thoroughly. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.


    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    6. Divide the dough into 18 portions. Grease your hands (to prevent the dough from sticking) and shape the portions into balls. Place the balls on a greased, parchment-lined sheet pan, leaving 2 to 3 inches between each.
    We made more batter than the recipe.


    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    7. Bake until the edges of the cookies are just set and the center is still soft, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Place the cookies, still on the parchment, on a rack and cool completely before serving. They will be very soft.


    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Each cookie: 251 calories; 4 grams protein; 29 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams fiber; 18 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 42 mg. cholesterol; 92 mg. sodium.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

  29. #29
    sweet triple TripletDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    58,326

    Default

    oh, man....I had put those things out of my mind months ago. Your cookie pics basically look like the ones at Milk, so you obviously did it right. I am glad you liked them.

    I am not a huge fan of chocolate, but these cookies are something else.

    If you want to go insane, take two of them and bind them together with homemade cream cheese frosting. I have tried making an ice cream sandwich, but the cookies are not firm enough. it becomes a huge runny mess. The cream cheese frosting is basically like glue and doesn't melt as fast. Normally, the cookie is only good for one bite, max. After that, you have already eaten the whole thing.

    That would basically be the same caloric intake as 2 slices of pizza. yum!

    ps good for using the correct paper. if you try to skimp and put the cookies directly on a non-stick pan, they don't come out the same.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.


  30. #30
    Not Banned Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Dude, this is one of the best pictures ever posted on CUF. It has everything: the beard, the cookie, the Kanye shirt... what else could you ever ask for in a pic?
    Visca Catalunya Lliure

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •