Cookie Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    I'm going to give these a try, but waiting 2 days to achieve chewiness is not usually what I'm looking to do. I'm looking to eat all the cookies before then!
    10 minutes works too.

Listen, you are welcome to burn them to a crisp if you like. Perv.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• This conversation got real dirty real quick.

Comment

I like chewy cookies! I just think that you don't have to under cook them to achieve chewiness.

I must admit that I also like those TJ cookies space ghost posted.
        Methinks you doth protest too much, comrade.

Comment

I'm going to give these a try, but waiting 2 days to achieve chewiness is not usually what I'm looking to do. I'm looking to eat all the cookies before then!
          Are you just trying to be obtuse!!!!

(Sorry for delay, was avoiding all things BYU until I had a chance to watch the basketball game )

The cookies will be chewy as soon as they cool off, as the Dude said, 10 minutes after coming out of the oven. They will ALSO be chewy 2 days later.

Comment

Holy crap that recipe has a lot of directions! Whatever happened to mixing it all up and chucking it in the oven? I particularly like the "hollow-center heavy-gauge dull aluminum baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper" instruction.

As a side note, I'll probably try to make these. But I think I'll cook them a little longer - I don't like cookies that are gooey to the point of appearing uncooked.
            Originally posted by falafel View Post
            [ATTACH]7726[/ATTACH]

Those just look undone to me.
            Originally posted by falafel View Post
            I like chewy cookies! I just think that you don't have to under cook them to achieve chewiness.

I must admit that I also like those TJ cookies space ghost posted.
            At least I'm consistent.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Pride of Iowa cookies

1 cup brown sugar
              1 cup butter
              1 cup coconut
              ½ teaspoon salt
              3 cups quick oats
              1 teaspoon vanilla extract
              1 cup sugar
              2 eggs
              1 teaspoon baking soda
              1 teaspoon baking powder
              2 cups flour
              1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 325 F.
              Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and oatmeal. Stir in coconut and nuts. Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
              hi

Comment

• Originally posted by bestellen View Post
                Pride of Iowa cookies

1 cup brown sugar
                1 cup butter
                1 cup coconut
                ½ teaspoon salt
                3 cups quick oats
                1 cup sugar
                2 eggs
                1 teaspoon baking soda
                1 teaspoon baking powder
                2 cups flour
                1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 325 F.
                Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and oatmeal. Stir in coconut and nuts. Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
                The first thing I think of when I see/smell/taste coconut is Iowa.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Cookie Recipes

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                  Pride of Iowa cookies

1 cup brown sugar
                  1 cup butter
                  1 cup coconut
                  ½ teaspoon salt
                  3 cups quick oats
                  1 cup sugar
                  2 eggs
                  1 teaspoon baking soda
                  1 teaspoon baking powder
                  2 cups flour
                  1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 325 F.

Other yummy additions I have tried: chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, raisins or cranberries and orange zest
                  Bump. Hey bestellen, thanks for the new recipe! I wonder if you have any yummy additions you've tried?
                  Last edited by Donuthole; 03-01-2017, 07:27 AM.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    These babies are the bomb diggity. Crispy on the outside, and chewy on the inside. Rich flavor.

Follow the directions, except for the cookie size. 3.5 oz is ridiculously large. We also used Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips.
                    Did these over the weekend. Doubled the recipe and decreased the cookie size to 2-2.25 oz. Baked at 375 (convection oven) for 12 min. I used bittersweet chips. Excellent results. Ended up w 4 dozen cookies at 3" diameter.
                    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      Bump. Hey bestellen, thanks for the new recipe! I wonder if you have any yummy additions you've tried?
                      Hat tip to bestellenmarsupial for her fantastic Pride of Iowa cookie recipe. Tried them last night and once again a recipe from this thread gets rave reviews at my house. My wife has pretty much retired from cookie making in shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        My wife has a great sugar cookie recipe. Soft and chewy. I think I have it here on my laptop.

Here you go. It makes a huge batch, so be warned.

Grandma Taylor's Sugar Cookies

4 eggs
                        2 Cups shortening
                        4 Cups sugar
                        2 Cups buttermilk
                        1 tsp. vanilla
                        1 tsp. lemon extract
                        2 tsp. baking soda
                        1 tsp. salt
                        Enough flour to make a soft dough. About 9 cups

Cream eggs, shortening and sugar. Add buttermilk, vanilla and lemon, blend until creamy. Slowly add the dry ingredients. The dough will be very soft. Roll out on a lightly floured surface. Bake at 350 for about 8-10 minutes. I like a softer cookie so I reduce the heat to about 325 and bake until the cookies spring back. This is a big recipe that makes dozens of sugar cookies. My grandma had 15 children and so she had to cook for an army. These cookies freeze well or you can half the recipe.

This is a very old recipe. My grandma was one of those good cooks who didn't measure things and it turned out perfect every time. I am not that good, so I measure my flour. I also like to crush up peppermints and mix them into the dough. It makes it a chewy cookie and gives it a good flavor.
                        This has become a holiday tradition in our house. My wife had a granddaughter over today for help decorate. So good with homemade buttercream frosting.

FB078105-EC94-4A50-9A66-7439A9D3831A.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                          This has become a holiday tradition in our house. My wife had a granddaughter over today for help decorate. So good with homemade buttercream frosting.

[ATTACH]8389[/ATTACH]
                          Wow. That looks fun.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

[ATTACH]8389[/ATTACH]
                            My mom used to make those every year and send them out to the neighbors in metal tins. I should put in an order since I'm going home for xmas this year.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• We wanted some holiday cheer last Sunday so we made some cookies. We were debating between an egg nog cookie recipe I found online or the Dude's gingersnaps. We opted for the Egg Nog but I won't post it here because they were meh. Should have gone with the 'snaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                                We wanted some holiday cheer last Sunday so we made some cookies. We were debating between an egg nog cookie recipe I found online or the Dude's gingersnaps. We opted for the Egg Nog but I won't post it here because they were meh. Should have gone with the 'snaps.
                                I made the 'snaps a week ago for that same reason. They were delicious, as always.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X