Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a nutter.

Comment

• Wow, another reason to stay Mormon. Once you lose the Spirit, you make really bad life decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• if I could have exchanged this experience for a few more violent rapes, I would gladly have done so.
        good lord
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Like a lot of women, I have been violently raped more than one time.
          Curious what type of circles she runs in.
          *Banned*

Comment

• This thing is better than a trainwreck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              good lord
              Yeah. One of the nuttiest statements I have ever read.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• LOL. You guys loved Rosebud.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  LOL. You guys loved Rosebud.
                  Still do. Endlessly entertaining.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I wonder if all the people who thought Dehlin was such a hero as he helped them leave the Church by exposing how the Church damages women's esteem, keeps its financial statements under tight wraps, and had leaders who were less than perfect are rethinking their decision? Probably not, but from a believer's perspective Dehlin is the quintessential Book of Mormon apostate. The people who led this movement are proving to be batshit crazy, not to mention selfish and corrupt, and they leave in their wake a large number of disaffected and former Mormons who may have stayed with their belief had they looked to someone who was interested in helping them stay rather than leave the Church. JL is right; this is undoubtedly ironic, but I also it is also tragically sad because the Church can be an invaluable source of peace and comfort during difficult times.
                    sigpic
                    "Outlined against a blue, gray
                    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                    Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                      I wonder if all the people who thought Dehlin was such a hero as he helped them leave the Church by exposing how the Church damages women's esteem, keeps its financial statements under tight wraps, and had leaders who were less than perfect are rethinking their decision? Probably not, but from a believer's perspective Dehlin is the quintessential Book of Mormon apostate. The people who led this movement are proving to be batshit crazy, not to mention selfish and corrupt, and they leave in their wake a large number of disaffected and former Mormons who may have stayed with their belief had they looked to someone who was interested in helping them stay rather than leave the Church. JL is right; this is undoubtedly ironic, but I also it is also tragically sad because the Church can be an invaluable source of peace and comfort during difficult times.
                      very patronizing post bro
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                        I wonder if all the people who thought Dehlin was such a hero as he helped them leave the Church by exposing how the Church damages women's esteem, keeps its financial statements under tight wraps, and had leaders who were less than perfect are rethinking their decision? Probably not, but from a believer's perspective Dehlin is the quintessential Book of Mormon apostate. The people who led this movement are proving to be batshit crazy, not to mention selfish and corrupt, and they leave in their wake a large number of disaffected and former Mormons who may have stayed with their belief had they looked to someone who was interested in helping them stay rather than leave the Church. JL is right; this is undoubtedly ironic, but I also it is also tragically sad because the Church can be an invaluable source of peace and comfort during difficult times.
                        No hyperbole here!

Look, Dehlin has become an embarrassing caricature. And some of his ardent followers have become the same. But I would guess that the majority of disaffected who once paid attention to Dehlin are able to divorce the antics from the causes he brought to light. If any looked up to Dehlin as a prophet, then that is as big a mistake as they presumably think what believers do to the church leadership. The fault lies with them. More reasonable people can sift between the good and the embarrassing parts of Dehlin's career, and still pass judgment on the church.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          No hyperbole here!

Look, Dehlin has become an embarrassing caricature. And some of his ardent followers have become the same. But I would guess that the majority of disaffected who once paid attention to Dehlin are able to divorce the antics from the causes he brought to light. If any looked up to Dehlin as a prophet, then that is as big a mistake as they presumably think what believers do to the church leadership. The fault lies with them. More reasonable people can sift between the good and the embarrassing parts of Dehlin's career, and still pass judgment on the church.
                          I am not sure you're right about this, to be honest. I think reasonable people who are able to sift good from ridiculous and prudent from imprudent as they approach their life would never have been beholden to Dehlin at all. Those that were attached to Dehlin financially or emotionally are, IMO, very likely unable to engage in such sifting successfully.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Is it? to who?
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Yeah. One of the nuttiest statements I have ever read.
                              My impression is that she has fought some difficult battles in her life. While her statement is, shall we say, surprising, I think it is bad form for us to comment on it here. Just MO.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Maybe it is, but at least I take the time to lay out my thoughts and opinions rather than constantly type one-line criticisms with no substance or reasoning behind them. It's no secret that I believe the Church is a positive influence, and in that frame of reference of course I would find it tragic that people are led away from it by disingenuous morons like Dehlin. I think people here know me well enough to know I don't judge people for the choices they make regarding religion, so I have no regrets in stating my opinion the way I did.

I do, however, judge people for constantly mocking others while being too lazy, scared, or just plain dumb to explain why they disagree with their opinions. You are the king of this - always mocking and never offering any opinion of substance. You come across here as a kid who's grown up with privilege, never learned to work, and was allowed to believe the position you were given in life by your parents somehow made you superior to others. Hence, you waltz through life accomplishing very little on your own and mock those who have a different world view because they have had to work to earn what they have. If this does, in fact, describe you, then someday you may set out on your own and learn that life is difficult, full of challenges and risk, and that your arrogant country club perspective was deeply flawed. More likely, however, you'll continue to coast, using connections rather than work to get what you want out of life and you'll continue to look down on others, feeling superior but lacking the intellectual ability to explain why. I could be wrong, and you could be a great guy - just giving you my two cents on how I believe you come across on this board.

This, bro, is what you can call a patronizing post.
                                sigpic
                                "Outlined against a blue, gray
                                October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Working...
                                X