No announcement yet.

John Dehlin is thinking about bringing Mormon Stories back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who in the world is giving money to these boneheads?
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      who in the world is giving money to these boneheads?
      Old habits die hard. Ex-Mox still feel the need to give 10% to someone.
      *Banned*

Comment

who in the world is giving money to these boneheads?
        No idea. But to be totally honest, it confirms the stereotype I have of the sort of people who just Can't Leave It Alone.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• For the record, I haven't given Dehlin 1 dollar, much less 10% of my income.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImPKvWOpUe8

Collette can help him, her and her family have made millions in MLM's.

Comment

• Astonishing. I felt really bad for John that he needed help to maintain his Silver status on Delta. Don't have the heart to tell him I gift my wife gold status every year.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                Old habits die hard. Ex-Mox still feel the need to give 10% to someone.
                Giving mine to Four Seasons Maui in less than a month!

IMG_0736.JPG

Comment

• John Dehlin is an unaware narcissist. Sounds shady as fuck. Interesting thing about him is that for being a progressive and the self-declared emporer of all marginalized LGBT Mormons, he was fond of these weird Tea Party groups like FreedomWorks that contradicted his positions.

He and Richard Dutcher annoy me.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                    Giving mine to Four Seasons Maui in less than a month!
                    Huh, I knew JD was going to the Bahamas in late October but didn’t realize he was doing a Maui orgy party as well.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      Huh, I knew JD was going to the Bahamas in late October but didn’t realize he was doing a Maui orgy party as well.

can you imagine the poor people who end up on that cruise with the mostories crew? yikes. surrounded by a bunch of pseudo intellectuals one upping each other about how much they love the alcohol. would be a great sociological experiment to swap their sinful pinas with virgins and see how long before they start acting like that one dumbass in hs.
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Can anyone donate airfare to Ft. Lauderdale?
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

can you imagine the poor people who end up on that cruise with the mostories crew? yikes. surrounded by a bunch of pseudo intellectuals one upping each other about how much they love the alcohol. would be a great sociological experiment to swap their sinful pinas with virgins and see how long before they start acting like that one dumbass in hs.
                          Seriously, what would ever inspire someone to go on one of these cruises. Just go buy a bottle of Popov, a bottle of Shasta grape soda, and listen to one of his 8-hour podcasts in the comfort of your own home.

I cannot imagine how much the alcohol alone to be drunk enough to not want to jump off the ship would cost.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I listened to some of the recent Infants on Thrones podcast about the open letter to Dehlin and Open Stories Foundation. Rosebud is referenced. I had to go back on this thread to remember the kerfuffle between her and Dehlin. But there was an allegation that their was some emotional attachment between them, which one of the people on the podcast claims to have firsthand knowledge about. Not a big deal in and of itself. But he pulls no punches about what he thinks is widespread emotional manipulation from Dehlin.

Some of the financial issues are also hashed out. With this latest revelation, it sounds exactly like a racket. Kudos to you who called this out earlier. I lost a lot of respect for Dehlin long ago because of his narcissism, but held my fire about the financial allegations. I thought that if people were willing to donate to OSF, he had a right to a salary. But if he's pulling (at least) close to six figures and asking for donations to fly and create podcasts, it really has become a money maker for him. He has become what many criticize religion for: he provides both the sickness (faith crisis) and the cure (workshops).
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• So people are doing exposé podcasts about exposé podcasts. How far down the rabbit hole can we go? It’s like that movie Inception.
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                                So people are doing exposé podcasts about exposé podcasts. How far down the rabbit hole can we go? It’s like that movie Inception.
                                Maybe Moliere can dig up some dirt on Infants and Thrones?
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X