John Dehlin is thinking about bringing Mormon Stories back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
    So people are doing exposé podcasts about exposé podcasts. How far down the rabbit hole can we go? It’s like that movie Inception.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      Maybe Moliere can dig up some dirt on Infants and Thrones?
      I'm your guy there. I sold pest control with one and have known another since he was born.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
        I'm your guy there. I sold pest control with one and have known another since he was born.
        I like it. A good podcast needs at least 2 voices. You and Moli should play off each other well. Just remember, Dehlin already has already cornered the market on paying for ex-MOTCOJCOLDS podcasts!
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Dehlin takes a lot of flack on CS, but look at what homeboy can do with a medium Coke at Burger King.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TKKASG1wdwM

Comment

Dehlin takes a lot of flack on CS, but look at what homeboy can do with a medium Coke at Burger King.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TKKASG1wdwM
            I think that’s a large drink, btw. And what does that guy have to do with Dehlin? Legit question.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              I think that’s a large drink, btw. And what does that guy have to do with Dehlin? Legit question.
              I wondered the same.

And it is McDonalds, not BK.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                I wondered the same.

And it is McDonalds, not BK.
                GM thinks the guy looks like Dehlin.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This thread has become one of the most delicious on CS. That Dehlin fellow provides ample fodder.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    GM thinks the guy looks like Dehlin.
                    A big swing and a miss joke. Falafel is correct.

Comment

A big swing and a miss joke. Falafel is correct.
                      I did think the video was cool, if that helps.
                      "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Equality Utah, other LGBTQ advocacy groups issue joint statement on controversial podcast

I have no idea what the story is behind this report, but every time someone gives a nut kick to Dehlin, an angel gets its wings.
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Equality Utah, other LGBTQ advocacy groups issue joint statement on controversial podcast

I have no idea what the story is behind this report, but every time someone gives a nut kick to Dehlin, an angel gets its wings.
                          My understanding is that some MoSto affiliated people basically stalked a gay couple (one of the couple members being the old Cosmo guy, Charlie Bird) to see if they really attended church, partook of the sacrament and held callings in the ward. Then MoSto released a podcast or some other report on the findings of the stalking. The LGBT community got up in arms (rightfully so) over the fact someone from their community was being stalked and reported on. Dehlin, in typical fashion, denied knwoledge of it and threw the MoSto affiliated people under the bus....despite the fact that MoSto published the stuff and Dehlin is basically the only compensated employee in the MoSto company (I'm still not sure how they are a 501c3 with Dehlin basically taking over 75% of donations as a salary).
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

My understanding is that some MoSto affiliated people basically stalked a gay couple (one of the couple members being the old Cosmo guy, Charlie Bird) to see if they really attended church, partook of the sacrament and held callings in the ward. Then MoSto released a podcast or some other report on the findings of the stalking. The LGBT community got up in arms (rightfully so) over the fact someone from their community was being stalked and reported on. Dehlin, in typical fashion, denied knwoledge of it and threw the MoSto affiliated people under the bus....despite the fact that MoSto published the stuff and Dehlin is basically the only compensated employee in the MoSto company (I'm still not sure how they are a 501c3 with Dehlin basically taking over 75% of donations as a salary).
                            The MoSto Gaystapo.

Comment

• Thanks Moli.

They have become the very thing they accuse The Church of being. Very Scientology and MAGA adjacent.
                              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Thanks Moli.

They have become the very thing they accuse The Church of being. Very Scientology and MAGA adjacent.
                                The only person in my orbit who is a fan of Dehlin is someone who became disaffected with the Church over vaccines. The two things began around the same time.
                                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Working...
                                X