John Dehlin is thinking about bringing Mormon Stories back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Friends of JD on FB were treated yesterday to a barrage of quotes from attendees at some gathering in Texas. The quotes included many observations about the Church that did not reflect well on the writer or JD (and I'm totally fine with intelligent criticism). So I finally pulled the trigger and unfriended him. His obsession with the Church became uninteresting to me a while ago and now borders on the pathological.
    I was never his friend, so I guess I was spared this delightful barrage.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• John Dehlin is thinking about bringing Mormon Stories back

He and the Mrs. seem very happy these days.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• That's the look of a couple that just lost at CandyCrush.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          He and the Mrs. seem very happy these days.

i thought his wife didn't wear garments anymore. why is she wearing his old ones?
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Let's finally put an end to the JD myth that Jews get along swimmingly despite differing levels of religiousity.

‘We’re Headed Toward One of the Greatest Divisions in the History of the Jewish People’

I’m an American rabbi. Israel no longer recognizes my religious authority.
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• This has been making the rounds on the Twitter...

DHaAun5VYAQQ_wx.jpg
              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                This has been making the rounds on the Twitter...

[ATTACH]8134[/ATTACH]
                Is he really that clueless?

Comment

• "I literally don't get it." That's should be his personal motto.

Comment

• That is really funny. No surprise at all that he struggles with self awareness.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/02/...op-interviews/

URGENT! Super bad news. Just heard from Steve Urquhart that a member of the legislature called to tell him that the LDS Church is pressuring the Utah legislature to pass a bill to make Utah a 2-party consent audio/video recording state - in direct response to Mormon Stories Podcast, MormonLeaks (Ryan McKnight), Jeremy Runnells, Sam Young and others.

This will make it impossible to record Mormon bishop and stake president interviews, Mormon GA's, etc., to hold them accountable for the things they say and do.

But even more alarming/disturbing, I am told by a friend connected to the judicial system this law could make it more difficult to protect victims of sexual assault in the state by effectively getting rid of the number one tool for prosecuting date rape and other sexual assaults where the only two witnesses are the victim and perpetrator. I know that there are exemptions addressing this situation, but I’m concerned about the chilling effect that this law might bring.

No bueno.

Anyone have ideas on what, if anything, can be done?
                      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• lol
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• I wish I could kick people who say "no bueno" in the nuts.
                          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                            I wish I could kick people who say "no bueno" in the nuts.
                            I say it all the time.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              I say it all the time.
                              Wuap, here’s your chance!
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• I think it would be a good idea to have Utah be a two party recording state. I stand with the LDS church (on two party recording).
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X