No announcement yet.

Lingo is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one who finds it appropriate that people have turned the Johny Lingo thread into one about themselves?
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
      Am I the only one who finds it appropriate that people have turned the Johny Lingo thread into one about themselves?
      We're simply celebrating his life here on CUF.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        We're simply celebrating his life here on CUF.
        Every thread turns into a thread about ourselves.
        "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
        -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
          Every thread turns into a thread about ourselves.
          Yes, sadly. But for moi, everyone here is a narcissist.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by cowboy View Post
            Just a quick word here. I didn't mind Lingo. I didn't look forward to his posts or anything, but I didn't mind him. He was certainly more right-leaning in politics and religion than many on this board, and many disliked him because he was less than tactful in his approach.

However, I think his unpopularity had nothing to do with his ban. I have never seen anyone say the things he said today without being disciplined. That he was a repeat offender forced the EC to make the suspension permanent. The mods have a tough job, and I appreciate the work they do to make this site enjoyable.
            I wish I would have seen what was said. I have no idea what he did. I mostly skim over his posts because they are always the same.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
              I wish I would have seen what was said. I have no idea what he did. I mostly skim over his posts because they are always the same.
              I didn't see it either but my guess is one of the following:

1. I don't care what people here think of me
              2. Life/Rule enforcement isn't fair
              3. In and Out Burgers/Five Guys Burgers
              4. I don't like Max Hall

I am somewhat psychic and my inner spirits are telling me that the probabilities are high that JohnnyLingo's swan song post contained one of the topics mentioned above.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                Funny enough, the offending post was a response to the accusation that his posts are all the same. He was trying to differentiate and sealed his fate in the process.

Comment

I'm astounded by how much Lingo got underneath the skin of so many on this board. Lingo is a rank amateur compared to a lot of posters in terms of how bombastic and antagonistic they could be.

This isn't a defense of Lingo, just amusement at what I view to be a pretty significant collective overreaction.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    I didn't see it either but my guess is one of the following:

1. I don't care what people here think of me
                    2. Life/Rule enforcement isn't fair
                    3. In and Out Burgers/Five Guys Burgers
                    4. I don't like Max Hall

I am somewhat psychic and my inner spirits are telling me that the probabilities are high that JohnnyLingo's swan song post contained one of the topics mentioned above.
                    I think you finally got the committee to ban him because he beat you in a few tete-a-tete encounters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      I'm astounded by how much Lingo got underneath the skin of so many on this board. Lingo is a rank amateur compared to a lot of posters in terms of how bombastic and antagonistic they could be.

This isn't a defense of Lingo, just amusement at what I view to be a pretty significant collective overreaction.
                      Lingo being tied to a tree and put down had nothing to do with the quirks of his personality or getting under people's skin. It was a direct consequence of breaking the rules having already been given a final warning.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                        Lingo being tied to a tree and put down had nothing to do with the quirks of his personality or getting under people's skin. It was a direct consequence of breaking the rules having already been given a final warning.
                        My comments aren't limited to the specifics of his banning.
                        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

This is a pretty high IQ crowd. They look down on those they don't consider in the same atmoshpere. They look down on folks like Sarah Palin whom they conisder "dumb'.

Of course there are those who don't think they have to rely on intellect because they have an ongoing converesation with God or at the very least go read the Ensign and conference talks. This gives them the ability to tell others what they should think, because after all it is how God thinks.

Edit: I tried, no one bit. I guess no thin skin folks are here.
                          Last edited by byu71; 01-14-2010, 12:26 PM.

Comment

My comments aren't limited to the specifics of his banning.
                            I didn't think so, I just wanted to be clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                              This is a pretty high IQ crowd. They look down on those they don't consider in the same atmoshpere. They look down on folks like Sarah Palin whom they conisder "dumb'.

Of course there are those who don't think they have to rely on intellect because they have an ongoing converesation with God or at the very least go read the Ensign and conference talks. This gives them the ability to tell others what they should think, because after all it is how God thinks.
                              My uncles have passed on. I need a new one and I love your shtick. You want the job? You don't even have to put me in your will. All you have to do is invite me to play golf when I come to Utah (if the tee time is on a Sunday afternoon so much the better) and send me a card with 5 bucks in it for my birthday.

Oh yeah, and please leave your girly mags in the bathroom when I come to visit.
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                                My uncles have passed on. I need a new one and I love your shtick. You want the job? You don't even have to put me in your will. All you have to do is invite me to play golf when I come to Utah (if the tee time is on a Sunday afternoon so much the better) and send me a card with 5 bucks in it for my birthday.

Oh yeah, and please leave your girly mags in the bathroom when I come to visit.
                                You are the man. It is a deal on the golf. When you come call me. When is your birthday.

You are more proof the thin skin crowd doesn't reside here. Oh and I have actually moved on technologically. No girly magazines, I have HBO.

Comment

Working...
                                X