Lingo is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by byu71 View Post

I am at the point where if I had a good looking girl with a mustache walking hand in hand with me down the street, murmurs of "what does she see in him" would be heard.
    Actual LOL. That's just darling! You're a good guy, 71.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
      ...I think it is sort of an act of faith in Christ to offer people the chance to come back after a year.
      Robin, I quoted only a bit of your post to save space, but there were some good thoughts there. Without presuming to speak for the committee, I'll say that no one has ever been given a true lifetime ban here. I have great confidence that if, after a substantial passage of time (I'll say several weeks, perhaps a few months...), an expelled poster came back, seemed genuinely contrite about past misdeeds, and gave every indication that he was going to be a better citizen going forward, he would be welcomed back. But that move has to come from the former (and, one hopes, future) member. There won't be any reinstatements without a clear indication of a material change.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        Robin, I quoted only a bit of your post to save space, but there were some good thoughts there. Without presuming to speak for the committee, I'll say that no one has ever been given a true lifetime ban here. I have great confidence that if, after a substantial passage of time (I'll say several weeks, perhaps a few months...), an expelled poster came back, seemed genuinely contrite about past misdeeds, and gave every indication that he was going to be a better citizen going forward, he would be welcomed back. But that move has to come from the former (and, one hopes, future) member. There won't be any reinstatements without a clear indication of a material change.
        I think someone should make a token showing the sincerity in wanting to return to the group. Perhaps cutting off their left testicle or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          I just puked in my mouth just a little
          Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          Yeah, what is up with that?
          This has me laughing, and not just for the great line itself, but also because I wonder if '71 may be dealing with this issue currently. I imagine him staring into the deep blue eyes of his female companion, then pulling away for a full face view, and then ... "Oh crap!" Hormone therapy might help. Or the Schick Quattro is nice.
          You three have obviously never had to attend, or in my case "chaperoned", a Single Adult dance. 71 I have seen what you have seen and as Dr. Sean told Will Hunting, "Its not your fault son".
          Last edited by Art Vandelay; 01-12-2010, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            You three have obviously never had to attend, or in my case "chaperon" a Single Adult dance. 71 I have seen what you have seen and as Dr. Sean told Will Hunting, "Its not your fault son".
            After my divorce I attended two Single Adult dances. The gals were actually quite nice, but the guys that show up is why there needs to be chaperons. My condolences.

Comment

I think someone should make a token showing the sincerity in wanting to return to the group. Perhaps cutting off their left testicle or something similar.
              Why is everyone so willing to give up their left testicle? What does the right do that the left doesn't? This is left testiclism at its worst!
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Why is everyone so willing to give up their left testicle? What does the right do that the left doesn't? This is left testiclism at its worst!
                LOL, maybe it has to do with being right handed.

Comment

LOL, maybe it has to do with being right handed.
                  Good point. I will have to ask if a person is right handed the next time someone says that.
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Good point. I will have to ask if a person is right handed the next time someone says that.
                    Confirmation would be if a left handed person was willing to give up their right testicle.

Comment

Confirmation would be if a left handed person was willing to give up their right testicle.
                      I wonder if one testicle gets in your way more than the other when changing oil. That would make someone more willing to give up one more than the other.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

So Lance Armstrong is eligible for readmission. Good news for the Cycling forum.

Comment

I wonder if one testicle gets in your way more than the other when changing oil. That would make someone more willing to give up one more than the other.
                          I doubt I will ever get a chance to test that theory and my memory isn't that good.

Comment

I doubt I will ever get a chance to test that theory and my memory isn't that good.
                            I will be sure to ask the next person who says that. Much better than asking if they are right handed.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

So Lance Armstrong is eligible for readmission. Good news for the Cycling forum.
                              This is so childish of me to post, but that has never stopped me.

In Jr. High a stupid fad got started called "ball fighting". The vision of guys rolling around on the grass trying to grab hold of the others guys units brings a smile to my face. However, there were serious consequences. One poor lad actually lost a nut. Can't remember if it was the left or right.

Comment

This is so childish of me to post, but that has never stopped me.

In Jr. High a stupid fad got started called "ball fighting". The vision of guys rolling around on the grass trying to grab hold of the others guys units brings a smile to my face. However, there were serious consequences. One poor lad actually lost a nut. Can't remember if it was the left or right.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                                X