No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. If you own a PS3, you owe it to yourself to play both Uncharted games.

If you don't own a PS3, these games are reason enough to purchase the console.

Comment

I don't know if this has been posted, but if you like the Lego games, this is a must have. This is the trailer for Lego Universe that just showed at CES.

I've never played a Lego game ever, but this looks awesome.

[YOUTUBE]DStDo0fkYR4[/YOUTUBE]
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

You know when a movie is released without first being prescreened for critics, it's usually a bad sign about the quality of the movie. It looks like we have something similar for a PS3 exclusive called MAG. Some of you may have heard about this game. It's the game that allows for 256 players online (two teams of 128 players). Supposedly the PS3 servers had to be upgraded to accomodate the size.

As it turns out, the final version, being released today, wasn't really given to almost all game critics. I've found one review and isn't kind. In fact, people had the same complaint about the beta version of the game that people could play online as a demo. It looks like they didn't fix the problems. Needless to say, it doesn't look like FPS fans will be devoting less time to MW2 and Bioshock 2 (when it comes out).

http://www.n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=463653
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          You know when a movie is released without first being prescreened for critics, it's usually a bad sign about the quality of the movie. It looks like we have something similar for a PS3 exclusive called MAG. Some of you may have heard about this game. It's the game that allows for 256 players online (two teams of 128 players). Supposedly the PS3 servers had to be upgraded to accomodate the size.

As it turns out, the final version, being released today, wasn't really given to almost all game critics. I've found one review and isn't kind. In fact, people had the same complaint about the beta version of the game that people could play online as a demo. It looks like they didn't fix the problems. Needless to say, it doesn't look like FPS fans will be devoting less time to MW2 and Bioshock 2 (when it comes out).

http://www.n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=463653
          Here's a youtube video:

[YOUTUBE]zJQ_1kpI99Q[/YOUTUBE]
          "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
          —Abraham Maslow

Comment

I think MAG is a good idea, but may take a version or two to get the bugs out. Conceivably at some point you could have multiple scenarios with players manning tanks, planes and helicopters. You could make it a full on war with generals and such.
            Last edited by WashingtonCoug; 01-26-2010, 09:18 AM.
            "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
            —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              I don't know if this has been posted, but if you like the Lego games, this is a must have. This is the trailer for Lego Universe that just showed at CES.

I've never played a Lego game ever, but this looks awesome.
              This is very cool, but unfortunately, it is not scheduled to be released on any console. It is an MMOG brilliantly aimed at the tweens that are not old enough to play WoW. It is subscription-based, which is why it will likely not be released on any console for a long time. They want to derive the recurring revenue from the monthly subscriptions, as opposed to a one-off $50 purchase.

However, never fear, Lego console lovers.....Lego Harry Potter is coming out this year. My kids asked, "what is Harry Potter?" I guess that means I have to read the books to them. boo.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Anybody picked up Mass Effect 2 yet? This game looks freakin' awesome and is getting phenominal review scores. I'm conflicted. This trailer is amazing and I am buying into the hype. Problem is, I'm still not sold on the first game. I played it on normal difficulty 2 years ago for about an hour and cast it aside. The combat was clunky and the game seemed boring. So with this game coming out and receiving alot of buzz, I threw the game back in my console and set the difficulty to easy so as to experience the story as quickly as possible. I'm about four hours in and the story has picked up and shown promise. Then I went back to playing MW2, Borderlands, Forza 3, and my PS3 games. I want to get back into this, but I still have inFamous to play, Bioshock 2 coming out in a couple weeks, etc. What to do?

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y2O-0-fQOOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y2O-0-fQOOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                  Anybody picked up Mass Effect 2 yet? This game looks freakin' awesome and is getting phenominal review scores. I'm conflicted. This trailer is amazing and I am buying into the hype. Problem is, I'm still not sold on the first game. I played it on normal difficulty 2 years ago for about an hour and cast it aside. The combat was clunky and the game seemed boring. So with this game coming out and receiving alot of buzz, I threw the game back in my console and set the difficulty to easy so as to experience the story as quickly as possible. I'm about four hours in and the story has picked up and shown promise. Then I went back to playing MW2, Borderlands, Forza 3, and my PS3 games. I want to get back into this, but I still have inFamous to play, Bioshock 2 coming out in a couple weeks, etc. What to do?
                  It is awesome. I really liked the first game, and this one's even better. If you're worried about buying a game and hating it, you should rent it and go from there. Oh, and if you're four or five hours into the first game, you still have a lot to go. When I played it the first time, I took almost 30 hours. When I did it the second time to have a renegade character to migrate to ME2, I did it in 16. IMO, it's a great story.
                  Last edited by thesaint258; 01-26-2010, 09:45 PM.
                  Not that, sickos.

Comment

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y2O-0-fQOOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y2O-0-fQOOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
                    Sweet! Martin Sheen voice work! That's almost as cool as Joe Pantalioni's work in Grand Theft Auto 3.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

One can buy Mass Effect 2 for a PC, but I'm not sure if my 3.5 year old PC is up to the task and I'm also not sure I'd like to play a game on my PC. When the XBox 360 gets into its $150 phase in a couple years and used games can be picked up for about $10, I'll spring for one and pick up the Mass Effect games and the Gears of War games.

I'm still playing catch up with the PS3 games. I've only played and beaten 4 games on it since I bought it at the end of August last year. Metal Gear Solid 4 is my next project. I haven't even bought or played Uncharted 2 yet, but I own Fallout 3, Bioshock and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and haven't played any of those games yet. I think all of these will be bumped behind God of War III which comes out in March. That's the only game I'm actually willing to spend $60 on.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

So this MAG game for the PS3 has been out for a few days now. I've been watching some quick look footage on some of the video game review sites and have become very interested in this game. The leveling mechanic and massive team focus seem to be slightly unique. The graphics aren't that great, but the battles can get pretty large-scale and epic when you have 128 on 128 action. Lots of focus on healing teammates and capturing/destroying objectives.

If anyone else is gonna give this game a try, we should coordinate which faction to play as so we can get some CUF clan action going on.

Comment

I have just completed Mass Effect 2. It is the single best video game ever made in my opinion. Absolutely incredible.

Comment

I have just completed Mass Effect 2. It is the single best video game ever made in my opinion. Absolutely incredible.
                            The ending was simply incredible. Just imagine what 3 will be like.
                            Not that, sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                              Here are all of the consoles I've owned in my life:

Smurfs was awesome, I don't care what you say Lingo!

I had the NES Advantage as well as the Power Glove (which was surprisingly (to me) difficult to use)

Streetfighter 2 and Top Gear were my favorite games. That and Final Fantasy 2.

Panasonic 3DO. this thing was sweet, and had some great games. Draxxon's Revenge, anyone? Sewer Shark yielded some great lines: "I call 'em the chaaaaaain saw gang!"

Mario moving in 3 dimensions. And Wave Race.

Soul Caliber was the best game.

After a 3 year break from gaming (which explains why I never had a PS1), I inherited an xbox from my some guy that defrauded my dad. This guy had Halo, and I was re-hooked! I can't believe how big the original xbox controller (The Duke!) was. Sheesh.

I bought this when my original xbox (which I unsuccessfully tried to mod) crapped out. It was an impulse purchase and my wife is still upset about it.

My latest purchase. I really do enjoy the toaster feature (and all the video streaming I can do from my PC, although I could probably do it via my 360 too), but its also got some great games. I just have to find the time to play them.

So quickly you forget the Dreamcast Falafel? I believe the Dreamcast is what gave Soul Caliber legs in your home.

Most difficult game I have ever played: "BattleToads" HANDS DOWN! Practically impossible. Do you remember those little speed bikes and those near to impossible jumps you had to hit? Not even Game Genie could help!

Comment

Originally posted by scandell View Post
                                So quickly you forget the Dreamcast Falafel? I believe the Dreamcast is what gave Soul Caliber legs in your home.

Most difficult game I have ever played: "BattleToads" HANDS DOWN! Practically impossible. Do you remember those little speed bikes and those near to impossible jumps you had to hit? Not even Game Genie could help!
                                Dreamcast is on there (so is the mention of Soul Caliber). The picture wouldn't link for some reason.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X