No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played about two hours of Mass Effect 3 so far. Loving it and no disappointments.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      Anyone play Assassin's Creed? I've never played the series, but saw a preview for the latest version being released and it is based on the American revolution. Looks cool.
      I have played it. I like it. I enjoy the storylines.
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
        I have played it. I like it. I enjoy the storylines.
        I rented the first one and really liked it. Don't know why I never returned to it.
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Anyone play Assassin's Creed? I've never played the series, but saw a preview for the latest version being released and it is based on the American revolution. Looks cool.
          I like it. I kind of like stealth games where you have to sneak around instead of running and gunning. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of killing in the game, but the victim doesn't usually see you. The only bad thing I can say is that after Assassin's Creed II, Ubisoft decided to churn out some games that were essentially copies of ACII. They don't really do much for the story--just a way for Ubisoft to make more money. I am glad to see that they're finally coming out with ACIII, though, and I plan on getting it.
          Not that, sickos.

Comment

I played the first two and really enjoyed them, but it would have been more fun if the difficulty level was higher.
            Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Put down your basketball bracket and prepare your partner for battle. Kicking things off for Premium members on March 13th, Call of Duty® ELITE Drop 4 brings the heat with the multiplayer map "Black Box," where you and a friend must shoot your way through a downed Air Force One, nestled between glitzy, gutted-out mansions. Too high class, your majesty? We've got two more all-new special ops missions for you. In ELITE Drop 5, "Black Ice," you'll enjoy all that Russia has to offer: diamond mines, snowmobiles, and frosty explosions. Warm back up with ELITE Drop 6, "Negotiator," where you'll comb India's city streets for hostages. And maybe curry.

All of this multiplayer and special ops goodness will be available for download starting March 13th on Xbox Live for Call of Duty® ELITE Premium members.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu0tt...6h%3DyAQEUSXuu

Non-premium Call of Duty ELITE members can still look forward to new content with Modern Warfare® 3 Content Collections, including maps, modes and other features previously released through content drops. The first Call of Duty®: MW3 Content Collection 1 will be available for purchase on March 20th for Xbox Live users.

Comment

• Played ME3 for about 3 hours last night. Obviously, don't have much to say about the story at this point. I think they definitely improved the combat in the game. It is subtle and not a huge jump, but it is better. I really am enjoying the decreased cool-down speed on powers. It makes fighting as a biotic much more effective and enjoyable. It is definitely better with the RPG elements as well. I like the idea of letting any class carry any weapon, but having a penalty of increasing cool-down powers the more weapons you carry.
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I know ME3 is the new hotness, but I'm really starting to look forward to the X-COM remake. The original was such a great game and so far this looks like it's a worthy successor.

I love the new look of the base. Hope you still get to fight in them.
                  [YOUTUBE]kX9r0S77Vh0[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• So about that whole explanation that the first day DLC wasn't pulled back from the game and was developed after the game was finished.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...Effect-3-Discs

I've enjoyed the game so far, but I'm concerned about the direction of Bioware. It is looking that DDD is right, Bethesda is the best RPG developer. Bioware was tops at one point and still has the best series, but I fear that the future is not bright for Bioware and Bethesda has passed them by.
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• So what is everyone thinking of ME3 so far? I think it's amazing but isn't wowing me as much as 2. It seems like a lot more meaningless busy work trying to increase the "galactic readiness" for the war with the reapers. Less compelling dialogue with your crew. Combat is slightly better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                        So what is everyone thinking of ME3 so far? I think it's amazing but isn't wowing me as much as 2. It seems like a lot more meaningless busy work trying to increase the "galactic readiness" for the war with the reapers. Less compelling dialogue with your crew. Combat is slightly better.
                        So far my assessment is similar. I would also add that I do like the added RPG elements. I haven't finished it yet, but the ending is getting trashed so much that people are pushing Bioware to change it.
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• This raises an eyebrow. I wonder what kind of innovations they'll make to the genre.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ZeniMax-...ews-14481.html

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                            This raises an eyebrow. I wonder what kind of innovations they'll make to the genre.

That's disappointing. Just as Blizzard dropped off the map with WoW, I assume Bethesda will now stop producing normal games.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                              This raises an eyebrow. I wonder what kind of innovations they'll make to the genre.

heh

http://cougaruteforum.com/showpost.p...&postcount=276
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Diablo 3 announced for May 15. Geesh I played diablo 2 in junior high.

Comment

Working...
                                X