Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    FWIW, it looked like 5-6 kids who were being dragged to church by the grandparents.
    That's a major grandparenting fail to drag the grandchildren to church. I'm guessing she is one of the heathen grandchildren and the grandparents were trying to correct the heathening.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    That's a major grandparenting fail to drag the grandchildren to church. I'm guessing she is one of the heathen grandchildren and the grandparents were trying to correct the heathening.
    duh...her shoulder is showing
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    duh...her shoulder is showing
    Poor grandparents. Playing video games in church and showing shoulder at church. That is a heathening that cannot be undone.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    There are several kids in my ward that don’t want to be there and I wish their parents/grandparents would stop making them come. It would be best for all involved.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    There are several kids in my ward that don’t want to be there and I wish their parents/grandparents would stop making them come. It would be best for all involved.
    We used to joke with our kids that they had freedom of choice when it came to church attendance: they could come happily or unhappily.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster