Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    FWIW, it looked like 5-6 kids who were being dragged to church by the grandparents.
    That's a major grandparenting fail to drag the grandchildren to church. I'm guessing she is one of the heathen grandchildren and the grandparents were trying to correct the heathening.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    That's a major grandparenting fail to drag the grandchildren to church. I'm guessing she is one of the heathen grandchildren and the grandparents were trying to correct the heathening.
    duh...her shoulder is showing
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    duh...her shoulder is showing
    Poor grandparents. Playing video games in church and showing shoulder at church. That is a heathening that cannot be undone.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.

There are several kids in my ward that don’t want to be there and I wish their parents/grandparents would stop making them come. It would be best for all involved.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    There are several kids in my ward that don’t want to be there and I wish their parents/grandparents would stop making them come. It would be best for all involved.
    We used to joke with our kids that they had freedom of choice when it came to church attendance: they could come happily or unhappily.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Red Dead Redemption II is out now. Did anybody pick it up? The first one is one of my favorite video games of all time. Playing through it was such a fun, immersive experience.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Student View Post
    Red Dead Redemption II is out now. Did anybody pick it up? The first one is one of my favorite video games of all time. Playing through it was such a fun, immersive experience.
    I have it b/c it came w the PS4 that I had to pre-order in order to get one (apparently there is some component that they are having a hard time manufacturing that is causing a PS4 shortage?). And the reason I got a PS4 is so I could play Spiderman, which is pretty unanimously reviewed as a fantastic game. It looks awesome so I decided to get it . I am looking forward to RDR2, though. I also grabbed some used games that are only on the PS4 like Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, etc.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    I have it b/c it came w the PS4 that I had to pre-order in order to get one (apparently there is some component that they are having a hard time manufacturing that is causing a PS4 shortage?). And the reason I got a PS4 is so I could play Spiderman, which is pretty unanimously reviewed as a fantastic game. It looks awesome so I decided to get it . I am looking forward to RDR2, though. I also grabbed some used games that are only on the PS4 like Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, etc.
    the new god of war is awesome

my 17 year old boy would so much prefer you guys as his dad over me.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

I'm currently enjoying the newest iteration of Call of Duty: Black Ops. Good times.

Our son ended up getting a Nintendo Switch from his rich grandparents for his birthday. It is a really good system. Hollow Knight is great.
    --SeattleUte

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    my 17 year old boy would so much prefer you guys as his dad over me.

Video games are dumb.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Video games are dumb fun.
    fify

I would love to be better at video games. But the Taco Bell 'put down the chalupa' current ad pretty much describes my gaming skills perfectly, minus being distracted by a chalupa.

I'm actually quite excited for the upcoming release of Let's Go Eevee and Let's Go Pikachu.

There is one Pokemon that I'll need the game for to add to my Pokedex in Pokemon Go. Damn you Meltan, damn you to hell!!
    --SeattleUte

Video games are dumb fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    fify
    fifboy
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    I would love to be better at video games. But the Taco Bell 'put down the chalupa' current ad pretty much describes my gaming skills perfectly, minus being distracted by a chalupa.
    I chuckle every time that commercial comes on. There is some truth to that. Love laughing at someone is just running against a wall. They are either lagging or distracted.

Our son ended up getting a Nintendo Switch from his rich grandparents for his birthday. It is a really good system. Hollow Knight is great.
    Yes! The Switch is an absolute marvel and Hollow Knight is awesome. Just got the new Mario Party and that's super fun. I have way too many video games in my life right now-- turns out Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the best games of all-time so I got a head start on that a little bit this weekend. I played Spiderman a bit- it's fun, too. We're living in a golden age. Fallout 76 comes out here next month, too.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Yes! The Switch is an absolute marvel and Hollow Knight is awesome. Just got the new Mario Party and that's super fun. I have way too many video games in my life right now-- turns out Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the best games of all-time so I got a head start on that a little bit this weekend. I played Spiderman a bit- it's fun, too. We're living in a golden age. Fallout 76 comes out here next month, too.
    I'm really impressed with how seamlessly it switches from the TV to handheld. I also have Breath of the Wild, but really have only played about 10-15 minutes of it.
    --SeattleUte

We bought a switch the day they came out. It has been played once. My kids are academics and athletes, we don't waste our time on video games.
    *Banned*

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    We bought a switch the day they came out. It has been played once. My kids are academics and athletes, we don't waste our time on video games.
    Yeah most athletes and nerds hate video games.

Heh. Yeah, just today I was talking with one of my nerds, er... students, in our game programming club about making collision detection algorithms in a game she is developing more efficient. They all carry around Switches in their backpacks.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

*update* I just started playing Super Mario Odyssey this weekend and I'm amazed. Such a great game- the Switch is a no-brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Got my son a Switch for Christmas, based in part on your recommendations regarding the games.

I ordered one this weekend, as well. Zelda and Mario Kart for our initial games.
    So has the Switch been worth it? MJ has allowed me to get a console for our younger kids (the ones that actually still play video games) and figured the Switch might be best.

So has the Switch been worth it? MJ has allowed me to get a console for our younger kids (the ones that actually still play video games) and figured the Switch might be best.
    Yeah it holds up pretty well and is great for kids.

Default The Video Game Thread

My kids have loved it. My 9yo son has played Zelda a ton. He has defeated the game in multiple modes and has played the expansion and still isn’t even close to bored with the game. I’m trying to decide which games to get for Christmas this year.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Fallout 76 is getting dismal reviews. I don't think it's a bad game at all-- I see the complaints, though; it's been pretty buggy as you would certainly expect a game of this magnitude (reportedly the biggest Fallout world to date) as an online game to be. I've been kicked offline a few times and got a frozen screen once so far in about maybe 10 hours of play-- all things that annoyingly make you restart where your last checkpoint or save was. Luckily, in this era game companies can fix buggy games with automatically downloading online patches. It'll probably be up to speed by Christmas, even though the reviews at launch may continue to haunt it, as they have with Star Wars Battlefront 2.

My kids have loved it. My 9yo son has played Zelda a ton. He has defeated the game in multiple modes and has played the expansion and still isn’t even close to bored with the game. I’m trying to decide which games to get for Christmas this year.
    This site is my go-to for checking out reviews. Kind of like a rotten tomatoes, but including games.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee or Pikachu
    --SeattleUte

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee or Pikachu
    Meh. Reviews have those in the low 80s. Mario Odyssey is a 97. Probably a safer pick.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Default Diablo IIII

This is funny.

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst