Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 665

Thread: The Video Game Thread

  1. #31

    Default

    Just finished Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. If you own a PS3, you owe it to yourself to play both Uncharted games.

    If you don't own a PS3, these games are reason enough to purchase the console.

  2. #32
    Where's Wallace? Surfah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    V to the izz-A.
    Posts
    32,938

    Default

    I don't know if this has been posted, but if you like the Lego games, this is a must have. This is the trailer for Lego Universe that just showed at CES.

    I've never played a Lego game ever, but this looks awesome.

    [YOUTUBE]DStDo0fkYR4[/YOUTUBE]
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

  3. #33

    Default

    You know when a movie is released without first being prescreened for critics, it's usually a bad sign about the quality of the movie. It looks like we have something similar for a PS3 exclusive called MAG. Some of you may have heard about this game. It's the game that allows for 256 players online (two teams of 128 players). Supposedly the PS3 servers had to be upgraded to accomodate the size.

    As it turns out, the final version, being released today, wasn't really given to almost all game critics. I've found one review and isn't kind. In fact, people had the same complaint about the beta version of the game that people could play online as a demo. It looks like they didn't fix the problems. Needless to say, it doesn't look like FPS fans will be devoting less time to MW2 and Bioshock 2 (when it comes out).

    http://www.n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=463653

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    You know when a movie is released without first being prescreened for critics, it's usually a bad sign about the quality of the movie. It looks like we have something similar for a PS3 exclusive called MAG. Some of you may have heard about this game. It's the game that allows for 256 players online (two teams of 128 players). Supposedly the PS3 servers had to be upgraded to accomodate the size.

    As it turns out, the final version, being released today, wasn't really given to almost all game critics. I've found one review and isn't kind. In fact, people had the same complaint about the beta version of the game that people could play online as a demo. It looks like they didn't fix the problems. Needless to say, it doesn't look like FPS fans will be devoting less time to MW2 and Bioshock 2 (when it comes out).

    http://www.n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=463653
    Here's a youtube video:

    [YOUTUBE]zJQ_1kpI99Q[/YOUTUBE]
    "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
    —Abraham Maslow

  5. #35

    Default

    I think MAG is a good idea, but may take a version or two to get the bugs out. Conceivably at some point you could have multiple scenarios with players manning tanks, planes and helicopters. You could make it a full on war with generals and such.
    Last edited by WashingtonCoug; 01-26-2010 at 09:18 AM.
    "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
    —Abraham Maslow

  6. #36
    sweet triple TripletDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    58,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted, but if you like the Lego games, this is a must have. This is the trailer for Lego Universe that just showed at CES.

    I've never played a Lego game ever, but this looks awesome.
    This is very cool, but unfortunately, it is not scheduled to be released on any console. It is an MMOG brilliantly aimed at the tweens that are not old enough to play WoW. It is subscription-based, which is why it will likely not be released on any console for a long time. They want to derive the recurring revenue from the monthly subscriptions, as opposed to a one-off $50 purchase.

    However, never fear, Lego console lovers.....Lego Harry Potter is coming out this year. My kids asked, "what is Harry Potter?" I guess that means I have to read the books to them. boo.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.


  7. #37

    Default

    Anybody picked up Mass Effect 2 yet? This game looks freakin' awesome and is getting phenominal review scores. I'm conflicted. This trailer is amazing and I am buying into the hype. Problem is, I'm still not sold on the first game. I played it on normal difficulty 2 years ago for about an hour and cast it aside. The combat was clunky and the game seemed boring. So with this game coming out and receiving alot of buzz, I threw the game back in my console and set the difficulty to easy so as to experience the story as quickly as possible. I'm about four hours in and the story has picked up and shown promise. Then I went back to playing MW2, Borderlands, Forza 3, and my PS3 games. I want to get back into this, but I still have inFamous to play, Bioshock 2 coming out in a couple weeks, etc. What to do?

    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y2O-0-fQOOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y2O-0-fQOOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

  8. #38
    aka Benito Hazard thesaint258's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    My castle!
    Posts
    3,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
    Anybody picked up Mass Effect 2 yet? This game looks freakin' awesome and is getting phenominal review scores. I'm conflicted. This trailer is amazing and I am buying into the hype. Problem is, I'm still not sold on the first game. I played it on normal difficulty 2 years ago for about an hour and cast it aside. The combat was clunky and the game seemed boring. So with this game coming out and receiving alot of buzz, I threw the game back in my console and set the difficulty to easy so as to experience the story as quickly as possible. I'm about four hours in and the story has picked up and shown promise. Then I went back to playing MW2, Borderlands, Forza 3, and my PS3 games. I want to get back into this, but I still have inFamous to play, Bioshock 2 coming out in a couple weeks, etc. What to do?
    It is awesome. I really liked the first game, and this one's even better. If you're worried about buying a game and hating it, you should rent it and go from there. Oh, and if you're four or five hours into the first game, you still have a lot to go. When I played it the first time, I took almost 30 hours. When I did it the second time to have a renegade character to migrate to ME2, I did it in 16. IMO, it's a great story.
    Last edited by thesaint258; 01-26-2010 at 09:45 PM.
    Not that, sickos.

  9. #39
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
    Anybody picked up Mass Effect 2 yet? This game looks freakin' awesome and is getting phenominal review scores. I'm conflicted. This trailer is amazing and I am buying into the hype. Problem is, I'm still not sold on the first game. I played it on normal difficulty 2 years ago for about an hour and cast it aside. The combat was clunky and the game seemed boring. So with this game coming out and receiving alot of buzz, I threw the game back in my console and set the difficulty to easy so as to experience the story as quickly as possible. I'm about four hours in and the story has picked up and shown promise. Then I went back to playing MW2, Borderlands, Forza 3, and my PS3 games. I want to get back into this, but I still have inFamous to play, Bioshock 2 coming out in a couple weeks, etc. What to do?

    [YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y2O-0-fQOOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y2O-0-fQOOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    Sweet! Martin Sheen voice work! That's almost as cool as Joe Pantalioni's work in Grand Theft Auto 3.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  10. #40

    Default

    One can buy Mass Effect 2 for a PC, but I'm not sure if my 3.5 year old PC is up to the task and I'm also not sure I'd like to play a game on my PC. When the XBox 360 gets into its $150 phase in a couple years and used games can be picked up for about $10, I'll spring for one and pick up the Mass Effect games and the Gears of War games.

    I'm still playing catch up with the PS3 games. I've only played and beaten 4 games on it since I bought it at the end of August last year. Metal Gear Solid 4 is my next project. I haven't even bought or played Uncharted 2 yet, but I own Fallout 3, Bioshock and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and haven't played any of those games yet. I think all of these will be bumped behind God of War III which comes out in March. That's the only game I'm actually willing to spend $60 on.

  11. #41

    Default

    So this MAG game for the PS3 has been out for a few days now. I've been watching some quick look footage on some of the video game review sites and have become very interested in this game. The leveling mechanic and massive team focus seem to be slightly unique. The graphics aren't that great, but the battles can get pretty large-scale and epic when you have 128 on 128 action. Lots of focus on healing teammates and capturing/destroying objectives.

    If anyone else is gonna give this game a try, we should coordinate which faction to play as so we can get some CUF clan action going on.

  12. #42

    Default

    I have just completed Mass Effect 2. It is the single best video game ever made in my opinion. Absolutely incredible.

  13. #43
    aka Benito Hazard thesaint258's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    My castle!
    Posts
    3,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
    I have just completed Mass Effect 2. It is the single best video game ever made in my opinion. Absolutely incredible.
    The ending was simply incredible. Just imagine what 3 will be like.
    Not that, sickos.

  14. #44
    Life Glitcher scandell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Here are all of the consoles I've owned in my life:


    Smurfs was awesome, I don't care what you say Lingo!


    I had the NES Advantage as well as the Power Glove (which was surprisingly (to me) difficult to use)



    Streetfighter 2 and Top Gear were my favorite games. That and Final Fantasy 2.


    Panasonic 3DO. this thing was sweet, and had some great games. Draxxon's Revenge, anyone? Sewer Shark yielded some great lines: "I call 'em the chaaaaaain saw gang!"


    Mario moving in 3 dimensions. And Wave Race.


    Soul Caliber was the best game.


    After a 3 year break from gaming (which explains why I never had a PS1), I inherited an xbox from my some guy that defrauded my dad. This guy had Halo, and I was re-hooked! I can't believe how big the original xbox controller (The Duke!) was. Sheesh.


    I bought this when my original xbox (which I unsuccessfully tried to mod) crapped out. It was an impulse purchase and my wife is still upset about it.


    My latest purchase. I really do enjoy the toaster feature (and all the video streaming I can do from my PC, although I could probably do it via my 360 too), but its also got some great games. I just have to find the time to play them.



    So quickly you forget the Dreamcast Falafel? I believe the Dreamcast is what gave Soul Caliber legs in your home.

    Most difficult game I have ever played: "BattleToads" HANDS DOWN! Practically impossible. Do you remember those little speed bikes and those near to impossible jumps you had to hit? Not even Game Genie could help!


  15. #45
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scandell View Post
    So quickly you forget the Dreamcast Falafel? I believe the Dreamcast is what gave Soul Caliber legs in your home.

    Most difficult game I have ever played: "BattleToads" HANDS DOWN! Practically impossible. Do you remember those little speed bikes and those near to impossible jumps you had to hit? Not even Game Genie could help!
    Dreamcast is on there (so is the mention of Soul Caliber). The picture wouldn't link for some reason.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  16. #46
    Heartless Bastard Indy Coug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Living Large inside the 5th Circle
    Posts
    18,799

    Default

    T-minus 13 days until MLB 10 The Show.


  17. #47
    CS Institutional Memory Jarid in Cedar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Up on western high
    Posts
    12,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
    T-minus 13 days until MLB 10 The Show.

    That is the one thing lacking in the 360 catalog, an excellent baseball game.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

    -Rick Majerus

  18. #48
    sweet triple TripletDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    58,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
    I have just completed Mass Effect 2. It is the single best video game ever made in my opinion. Absolutely incredible.
    Is Mass Effect and ME2 quest/task based? I know it is a combo rpg/shooter, but can you elaborate a bit on the rpg aspect?

    I enjoy the mission/task based nature of games like Bioshock, Fallout, Oblivion, etc. And I really enjoyed how Fallout could play a lot like a FPS if you were to just roam around and explore without any quest line to follow.

    How does ME and ME2 compare to those games?

    ps bioshock actually was a bit much for me. that game had some serious jump factor and a very dark feeling to it. not my fave.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.


  19. #49
    aka Benito Hazard thesaint258's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    My castle!
    Posts
    3,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Is Mass Effect and ME2 quest/task based? I know it is a combo rpg/shooter, but can you elaborate a bit on the rpg aspect?

    I enjoy the mission/task based nature of games like Bioshock, Fallout, Oblivion, etc. And I really enjoyed how Fallout could play a lot like a FPS if you were to just roam around and explore without any quest line to follow.

    How does ME and ME2 compare to those games?

    ps bioshock actually was a bit much for me. that game had some serious jump factor and a very dark feeling to it. not my fave.
    I'll take a stab at this even though I've never played Bioshock, Fallout, or Oblivion (I know, I know, I need to play it). ME and ME 2 are quest/task based. Like most RPGs, it has the required stuff to do to move the story along, and a lot of side quests that you can do for fun. It strikes a good balance between being a FPS and a RPG, unlike some which are obviously shooters with a bit of a RPG element or vice versa.

    One of the things I liked about both games were how open things are. You choose in what order to do things, and if you feel like taking a break to do some side quests, it won't interfere with the storyline. Another cool thing is that your choices matter. The game's morality system lets you be a good guy or a bad guy, and the game can come out differently depending on previous choices you've made. This is especially true in ME2, which has a lot of different possible endings and paths to take. The cool thing about ME2 is that you can import previous characters from ME so the choices you made in ME affect things in ME2. All in all, both are excellent games. Bioware knows how to make good games, and they've done a fantastic job with ME and ME2.
    Not that, sickos.

  20. #50
    sweet triple TripletDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    58,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesaint258 View Post
    I'll take a stab at this even though I've never played Bioshock, Fallout, or Oblivion (I know, I know, I need to play it). ME and ME 2 are quest/task based. Like most RPGs, it has the required stuff to do to move the story along, and a lot of side quests that you can do for fun. It strikes a good balance between being a FPS and a RPG, unlike some which are obviously shooters with a bit of a RPG element or vice versa.

    One of the things I liked about both games were how open things are. You choose in what order to do things, and if you feel like taking a break to do some side quests, it won't interfere with the storyline. Another cool thing is that your choices matter. The game's morality system lets you be a good guy or a bad guy, and the game can come out differently depending on previous choices you've made. This is especially true in ME2, which has a lot of different possible endings and paths to take. The cool thing about ME2 is that you can import previous characters from ME so the choices you made in ME affect things in ME2. All in all, both are excellent games. Bioware knows how to make good games, and they've done a fantastic job with ME and ME2.
    sounds awesome. in that case, I will check out ME. I love these kinds of rpgs.

    Sounds like you need to check out Fallout 3. Oblivion was awesome. I rank Bioshock third.

    Fallout 3: questing throughout post-nuclear apocalyptic Washington DC
    Oblivion: questing throughout a Tolkien-like world with wizards that peep and mutter
    Bioshock: sub-marine art deco underworld of oddly possessed characters (again, I didn't dig the dark vibe and will likely not be partaking in Bioshock 2)

    Fallout 3 has a morality engine, so to speak, as well. You have an active karma meter that is affected by things such as stealing, donating money, killing good people or bad people, helping people, etc. Your karma affects how people view you, what they are willing to say to you, whether someone will interact with you, etc. And it is constantly fluctuating, depending on your in-game behavior.

    Fallout 3 has a bunch of DLC on the 360 and I have enjoyed each addition. The new Fallout Vegas is coming out later this year and is not a DLC, but rather a brand new game with the same trademarl open-world platform that Bethesda used in Oblivion and F3.

    Here is a trailer for it:

    [YOUTUBE]v7xME0aFbC4[/YOUTUBE]
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.


  21. #51

    Default

    Mass Effect 2 is a crowning achievement in video games and is an amazing experience from start to finish. The only catch is Mass Effect 1 is very much a slow burn and is not everyone's cup of tea.

    I had played Mass Effect 1 for about an hour a couple years ago and gave up on it very quickly. The game play was very clunky and awkward, and the story and universe seemed boring. Then I started reading the reviews on ME2 and decided I must power through ME1, because, as was already mentioned, the character you build in part 1 can carry into part 2. I set the game to casual and powered through it, only doing the main story quests, and finished in about 12 hours. I am glad I did this. The story began to pick up, and even though the game play never really got more enjoyable, I began to be drawn into the characters and universe. There are major story developments in ME1 that need to be experienced in the realm of ME1, not the backward looking treatment you would get in the intro of ME2 if you choose to skip part 1. ME1, despite the flaws in gameplay, is a good game and should be played prior to ME2 in my opinion.

    ME2 is something else altogether, and I can't recommend it enough. They fixed the game play issues, and the story is stronger than ever. ME2 is basically a cover-based shooter (think Gears of War) coupled with RPG elements.

    How are the games as an RPGs? You gain experience and you level up. As you level up you get skill points that you can allocate towards beefing up your character. It's overly complicated in part 1, but very streamlined and enjoyable in part 2. In part 1 there are alot of bland and useless customization options when it comes to your character and your weapons and armor. ME2 strips this down to the point where you basically are just updating character combat skills as you level up.

    The main reason this is an RPG is because your decisions decide the course of the story and the eventual outcome of the game (for both iterations). These choices are made in conversations with other characters using dialogue trees. You talk to people to obtain information, then you are presented with responses that serve as decisions. You can make minor decisions like who to split up with on a mission all the way to whether or not to allow an entire race to continue to exist. The story gets very compelling.

    Both games follow a similar path in that you are presented with main story missions and problems at the outset and then instructed to recruit a team to help you solve the problem. You recruit your team members and learn their back stories. Once team members are recruited, you are presented with optional side missions to gain their loyalties individually. These missions arent required to complete the game, but they do affect how the story ends up. Once your team is compiled, you enter into a sequence of end game missions. It is in these latter missions that both games really shine. They are fantastic and compelling rollercoaster rides.

    These arent games you want to just play casually. They will require time and effort to be enjoyable, but I really enjoyed the payoff. Hopefully that helps. Happy to answer more questions or speak further as this game has really blown me away, and I think everyone should play it.

  22. #52

    Default

    DDD - this isn't a dark game like Bioshock. No really scary or spooky moments. The game is very much adult focused, and you can get it on with a love interest in both games. There was a Fox News outrage at the sex scene in part 1, but it no edgier than anything you would see on FX. You see some side boob and a little ass. The sex scenes are completely optional and not crucial to the story. That said, I did think that the love scene at the end of part 2 added to the *ahem* climax of the game. There is no nudity at all in the second game, and I think it is tastefully handled.

    Language is not bad in part 1, but there is some bad language in part 2. One of your team members has a troubled past and is very rough around the edges. Likes to swear alot. You dont have to experience her swearing very much at all. Just dont talk to her between missions and dont do her loyalty mission.

  23. #53
    sweet triple TripletDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    58,326

    Default

    thanks, appreciate the review.

    Sounds like you also need to play Fallout 3 and Oblivion, as you would likely enjoy those, esp Fallout 3.

    Truthfully, the one thing I didn't like about Gears is how there seemed to be so many options for in-combat movement....tap this button to crouch, tap it twice to duck and roll, tap it and click the stick to stick to the wall, click the right button to strafe right, click the left button to strafe left, etc...yawn. All I need is jump, run and crouch/stand. It was something that bugged me all the way through GoW, although I thought it was a great game.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.


  24. #54
    aka Benito Hazard thesaint258's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    My castle!
    Posts
    3,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    thanks, appreciate the review.

    Sounds like you also need to play Fallout 3 and Oblivion, as you would likely enjoy those, esp Fallout 3.

    Truthfully, the one thing I didn't like about Gears is how there seemed to be so many options for in-combat movement....tap this button to crouch, tap it twice to duck and roll, tap it and click the stick to stick to the wall, click the right button to strafe right, click the left button to strafe left, etc...yawn. All I need is jump, run and crouch/stand. It was something that bugged me all the way through GoW, although I thought it was a great game.
    Combat isn't that complicated. If you want to take cover, you just run up to it, and the game automatically puts you behind it. You do need to click a button if you want to jump over it, but other than that, you just need to move the stick or press the button to aim more precisely and you'll automatically fire over or around cover.
    Not that, sickos.

  25. #55
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    27,774

    Default

    Has anyone played Battlefield Bad Company 2? I thought the first one looked stupid and cheesy (and it looks like a lot of the reviewers, including Brigham Young, agree with me), but number 2 is getting a lot of good press. It looks a lot like MW2, and I'm sure that's the game they are gunning for, but they've got some interesting differences. For example:

    Things become more impressive yet when the action kicks in. Returning from the last Bad Company game are nearly fully destructible environments. If an enemy soldier is holed up in a second-story bedroom taking potshots at you, all you have to do is send a rocket at that wall and he'll either wind up dead or fully exposed. The same line of thinking applies to just about anything you see – send enough firepower at it and you can watch it crumble.
    These destructible environments exist in multiplayer as well, allowing the game to evolve throughout the match. Suddenly that building that guy's been sniping at you from no longer has a wall.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  26. #56
    I ♥ gateway sex FN Phat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Surfah's Clan
    Posts
    8,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Has anyone played Battlefield Bad Company 2? I thought the first one looked stupid and cheesy (and it looks like a lot of the reviewers, including Brigham Young, agree with me), but number 2 is getting a lot of good press. It looks a lot like MW2, and I'm sure that's the game they are gunning for, but they've got some interesting differences. For example:



    These destructible environments exist in multiplayer as well, allowing the game to evolve throughout the match. Suddenly that building that guy's been sniping at you from no longer has a wall.

    I may be tempted to buy this game sooner than I would otherwise. I watched a few videos online and it seems awesome.
    I'm your huckleberry.


    "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

  27. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Has anyone played Battlefield Bad Company 2? I thought the first one looked stupid and cheesy (and it looks like a lot of the reviewers, including Brigham Young, agree with me), but number 2 is getting a lot of good press. It looks a lot like MW2, and I'm sure that's the game they are gunning for, but they've got some interesting differences. For example:



    These destructible environments exist in multiplayer as well, allowing the game to evolve throughout the match. Suddenly that building that guy's been sniping at you from no longer has a wall.
    I've played the Battlefield Bad Company 2 multiplayer, but not the single player. The multiplayer is good, but it is no MW2 killer. It is very much a team-focused and squad-based game. Heavier focus on objectives like capping flag points or destroying crates. There are vehicles, which is fun, but they dont control all that well. This game will be a good diversion for you from MW2 if you have 3 other friends who are willing to roll with you, communicate, and coordinate efforts to achieve the objectives rather than just killing people. If you try to lone-wolf it, you end up spawning, walking 5 miles, getting shot, spawning back at the base, walking 5 miles, dying over and over. The maps are very large. Also, the weapons and kit unlocks take a lot longer in BFBC2, which can be very frustrating. You've got to play as a medic for 2 hours before you can unlock the health kit that heals your teammates. Crazy. MW2 is just tighter, smoother, and better.

  28. #58
    I ♥ gateway sex FN Phat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Surfah's Clan
    Posts
    8,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
    I've played the Battlefield Bad Company 2 multiplayer, but not the single player. The multiplayer is good, but it is no MW2 killer. It is very much a team-focused and squad-based game. Heavier focus on objectives like capping flag points or destroying crates. There are vehicles, which is fun, but they dont control all that well. This game will be a good diversion for you from MW2 if you have 3 other friends who are willing to roll with you, communicate, and coordinate efforts to achieve the objectives rather than just killing people. If you try to lone-wolf it, you end up spawning, walking 5 miles, getting shot, spawning back at the base, walking 5 miles, dying over and over. The maps are very large. Also, the weapons and kit unlocks take a lot longer in BFBC2, which can be very frustrating. You've got to play as a medic for 2 hours before you can unlock the health kit that heals your teammates. Crazy. MW2 is just tighter, smoother, and better.
    Maybe I won't be playing this game anytime soon. I'm all about instant gratification.
    I'm your huckleberry.


    "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

  29. #59
    Invisible Swordsman DrumNFeather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Knee Deep in the Hoopla
    Posts
    8,832

    Default

    Video Games, The Other Vice?
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

  30. #60
    BYU Delenda Est Mormon Red Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    the Planet Lovetron, bringing funkiness to all over the world
    Posts
    7,503

    Default

    One of my favorite games was made in 1987

    Colonial conquest. I wish they made an updated version today.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •