The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Meh. Reviews have those in the low 80s. Mario Odyssey is a 97. Probably a safer pick.
    If you don't buy it, you are going to have a really hard time getting enough Meltan candy to evolve a Melmetal in Pokemon Go.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Comment

• No!!! He's going to ruin EVERYTHING!
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm really enjoying Tetris 99.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I'm enjoying the Division 2 on xbox right now.

I also picked up an Oculus Quest and it's pretty amazing. A game like Beat Saber on the Quest feels like a gigantic step forward in gaming innovation and technology. I know billions have been invested in the VR experience, and the Quest really feels like you're getting their money's worth. I understand Facebook (who owns/developed the Oculus) is selling these at a loss at $400 just to get them in households. It's very user friendly and just a ton of fun.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
              I'm enjoying the Division 2 on xbox right now.

I also picked up an Oculus Quest and it's pretty amazing. A game like Beat Saber on the Quest feels like a gigantic step forward in gaming innovation and technology. I know billions have been invested in the VR experience, and the Quest really feels like you're getting their money's worth. I understand Facebook (who owns/developed the Oculus) is selling these at a loss at $400 just to get them in households. It's very user friendly and just a ton of fun.
              filsdepac brought his Oculus Quest to our family get-together last week and I agree, it was a lot o' fun. I was surprised by the high quality graphics and sound. The grandkids feigned awe and appreciation for my sweet moves on Beat Saber. And the software was smart enough to recognize me as a potential buyer, awarding me an A for my efforts, higher than it gave to any of my penurious, juvenile competitors. I'll probably take the plunge next month.

Comment

I'm enjoying the Division 2 on xbox right now.

Tried this out a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, it was fun. Might pull the trigger on a couple for the grandkids.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Tried this out a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, it was fun. Might pull the trigger on a couple for the grandkids.

Wish I was your grand kid!

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post

Wish I was your grand kid!
                    Our latest is to play Rock Band on our XBox One. Ages are 2, 5, & 6. The two older boys are surprisingly good on drums and vocals - oldest one can read almost every word. The 2-yr old is hilarious on the drums. We have a great time.

Their favorite tune is Uptown Funk. Second place = anything by Bon Jovi.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Our latest is to play Rock Band on our XBox One. Ages are 2, 5, & 6. The two older boys are surprisingly good on drums and vocals - oldest one can read almost every word. The 2-yr old is hilarious on the drums. We have a great time.

Good on ya.

Too many parents, and grandparents, miss out on just jumping in and playing video games with their kids and instead just deride the younger generation. My kids love to laugh at how terrible I am at the games they play, but they always welcome me in I love to spend time with them any way that I can.

Comment

My kids still love playing Rock Band (on our ancient PS3).
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                          My kids still love playing Rock Band (on our ancient PS3).
                          Maybe you should upgrade to the PS4 before the PS5 is out next year...

Sony has sold 100 million PS4s

Sony’s PlayStation 4 console has been a huge hit for the company, and it has now hit the 100 million sales milestone. Sony revealed in its latest earnings that the company sold 3.2 million PS4 devices in the quarter ended June 30th, meaning exactly 100 million have now been sold in total. Sony was previously sitting at 96.8 million PlayStation 4 consoles after the previous quarter.
                          [...]
                          It’s still not clear how many Xbox One consoles have been sold in this current generation, as Microsoft stopped reporting figures years ago. Analysts estimate somewhere between 30 million and 60 million, showing that Microsoft has its work cut out to compete with Sony next year.
                          [...]
                          https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/30/2...lion-milestone

LOL@Microsoft. They should switch to FreeBSD like Sony and Nintendo.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            Maybe you should upgrade to the PS4 before the PS5 is out next year...

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/30/2...lion-milestone

LOL@Microsoft. They should switch to FreeBSD like Sony and Nintendo.
                            I'm actually surprised to hear the PS4 is selling that well. I mean I bought one, but
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I was pretty blown away by this presentation by Microsoft at E3. Consoles giving PC gaming a run for its money for the first time?

Comment

I'm actually surprised to hear the PS4 is selling that well. I mean I bought one, but

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X