Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: The Video Game Thread

So I just spent an hour playing Super Ghouls and Ghosts on the Switch Online. I got the throwback SNES wireless control and it was a fun retro experience. It also didn't hurt that there is a 'rewind' feature to smooth over the endless missteps one will make during a game this hard. It strains credulity to think anybody ever beat this game just on three lives.

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

My 8 year old ended up beating Hollow Knight without any assistance. I'm impressed, it is a damn hard game.
    You know I'm free
    B*** you know I'm free
    Face it girl I'm free
    Yeah you know I'm free
    Okay I'm free yeah
    Free to chain my will onto the wings of my instinct
    And wander round this box you know I'm inextricably linked
    That's right I'm free to make a sooth to catch some stuff that holds me down
    To capture my desires fashion out a viscid crown
    . . .
    I never leave I'm super free
    To fill my smiles up with the tears that I forgot
    And haunt myself beside these pretty ghosts that float my heart
    You know I'm free
    -- Shabazz Palaces: Free Press and Curl

Animal Crossing is now in full effect. I don't think I would have gotten this game if not for the pandemic, but I'm up to my neck in it now
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Animal Crossing is now in full effect. I don't think I would have gotten this game if not for the pandemic, but I'm up to my neck in it now
    My daughter loves it but I donít understand the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    My daughter loves it but I donít understand the point.
    I've been hearing people rave about this game since the original on Gamecube. Based on the hype alone I got it. It's kind of just a classic world builder, but with tasks and little ways to incrementally upgrade your house, island, museum, etc. It's very satisfying in a zen garden sort of way.

I just completed my first season in career mode. Season 1 is rough, since you are just refining your attributes and grinding to upgrade your character, but I narrowly made the playoffs w the Jazz and then steamrolled my way, sweeping the whole thing to the 2020 championship.

The strange thing about 2k is that there is a whole swirling ecosystem of free agents and trades happening around you that you have little control over. If you emerge as an influential player (i.e. good at basketball so the team wants to keep you around) you can identify players in the free agency market to target and some will end up on the team.

Season 1, my team was me, Mitchell, Gobert, Mudiay, Nemanja Bjelica(!), Niang, Conley, Bojan Bogdanovic, Joe Harris, and a few others I can't remember.

Season 2, We ended up with Jae Crowder, Jabari Parker, and Jonas Jerebko from free agency and as far as I can tell we only lost Joe Harris from the list above. That's an upgrade.

It was really weird playing the Nets in the finals and having to defend Joe Ingles and Jeff Green. WTF??

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Anyone want to play Fortnite or 2K?

Xbox gamer tags

HFN40
    HuskyFreeNWFamH
    HuskyFreeNWest
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    My daughter loves it but I don’t understand the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If your daughter ever wants to invite my son to her island or come to my son's island, he is always looking for people to play with. Same goes for Commando.

I also like the game. It is very soothing.
    You know I'm free
    B*** you know I'm free
    Face it girl I'm free
    Yeah you know I'm free
    Okay I'm free yeah
    . . .
    You know I'm free

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    I just completed my first season in career mode. Season 1 is rough, since you are just refining your attributes and grinding to upgrade your character, but I narrowly made the playoffs w the Jazz and then steamrolled my way, sweeping the whole thing to the 2020 championship.

The strange thing about 2k is that there is a whole swirling ecosystem of free agents and trades happening around you that you have little control over. If you emerge as an influential player (i.e. good at basketball so the team wants to keep you around) you can identify players in the free agency market to target and some will end up on the team.

Season 1, my team was me, Mitchell, Gobert, Mudiay, Nemanja Bjelica(!), Niang, Conley, Bojan Bogdanovic, Joe Harris, and a few others I can't remember.

Season 2, We ended up with Jae Crowder, Jabari Parker, and Jonas Jerebko from free agency and as far as I can tell we only lost Joe Harris from the list above. That's an upgrade.

It was really weird playing the Nets in the finals and having to defend Joe Ingles and Jeff Green. WTF??
    I've been playing 2K20, but I didn't go with the MyPlayer mode. I just went with the standard franchise mode. Am I missing out? I'm currently 14-4 with the Jazz team as presently constituted.
    You know I'm free
    B*** you know I'm free
    Face it girl I'm free
    Yeah you know I'm free
    Okay I'm free yeah
    . . .
    You know I'm free