Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Anyone playing Fortnite?
    Is that the one you jump out of the flying bus? My son was playing that and I had to kick him off for about hour one day.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Fortnight is rad. PUBG is maybe even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Is that the one you jump out of the flying bus? My son was playing that and I had to kick him off for about hour one day.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    Fortnight is rad. PUBG is maybe even better.
    Haven't played PUBG yet. Son has played both and prefers Fortnite; smaller world, faster games.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Any one try the Doom reboot on the switch? Looks pretty good to me. I might have to take my son's switch away.

I have also heard that there is a Castle Wolfenstein reboot in the works... I want to kill me some nazis!
    I started playing it on the xbox and got distracted/couldn't quite figure out the buttons, so I lost interest. I may try to pick it back up when my current interest in battlefront 2 starts to wane.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

I'm a big fan of the Far Cry series. Well, Far Cry 4, anyway-- that's where I picked it up. Primal was pretty fun, too, but very different-- didn't quite scratch that FPS itch. Anyway, really looking forward to Far Cry 5, which takes place in rural Montana, where you go on a spree trying to rid your town of a violent redneck evangelical fundamentalist cult! This sounds right up my alley!!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

i love the idea of pubg but the hackers and bugs on pc at least seem like they kill the experience
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

I play pubg on Xbox one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been doing Far Cry 5-- such a blast! I played through it at warp speed-- seems like a much shorter game than FC4, but still fun and lots of replay value and supremely funny with marvelous voice acting talent on display. I haven't even scratched the surface of "Arcade Mode" where other players can design and upload their own short mission scenarios with objectives.

fortnite.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    fortnite.
    Not written by me, but could have been.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

As tornado sweeps through neighborhood, teen just keeps playing Fortnite video game
    <http://www.wxii12.com/article/as-str...upted/19829500>

"I was sitting at home and I was playing Fortnite, and all of sudden, I hear a bunch of noise," Anton Williams told WXII 12's Mallory Lane. "I look out the window and I started seeing the roof come off the houses in front of me."

Next door, strong winds blew a family's home away from its foundation.

"I sit back down because I only have a couple people left in my game, and I was going to try to finish the game, but then it started getting worse and I started to see the power lines come down, so I told my sister and my nephew to come to the bathroom."

While seeking shelter in the bathroom, Williams was still focused on his game.

"Honestly, I was thinking about the game, but I was hoping everybody was OK around me," Williams said.

After the storm let up, Williams said he went outside to check on his neighbors -- who were alright.
    (hit tip: whatsherbarefootcountessIGN)

Am I the only one not playing fortnite? I see NBA players tweeting about the game too, but honestly it looks a little ghetto like a Minecraft version of COD. Is there a reason for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Am I the only one not playing fortnite? I see NBA players tweeting about the game too, but honestly it looks a little ghetto like a Minecraft version of COD. Is there a reason for that?
    It's quite a hit with my son and his friends. I still haven't tried it, though my daughter persuaded me to download 'Rules of Survival' on my phone. It looks similar.

It is very, very fun. Graphics are cartoonish but the appeal is competitive game play. Its not meant to be realistic and the building isn't like minecraft at all.

Fortnite fucking drives me crazy.

If you are used to playing COD, then you will want to eat a bullet. The controls to the game are maddening. Every time I am getting ready to fight someone...I end up trying to build a wall and get killed. Madness.

And it's a blatant rip-off of the hunger games, but I'm totally fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post

If you are used to playing COD, then you will want to eat a bullet. The controls to the game are maddening. Every time I am getting ready to fight someone...I end up trying to build a wall and get killed. Madness.

And it's a blatant rip-off of the hunger games PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds , but I'm totally fine with that.
    fify

And it's a blatant rip-off of the hunger games, but I'm totally fine with that.
    its a ripoff of PUBG but the building aspect makes it a bit different just like vehicles makes it different for PUBG. Third person shooters take some getting used to after playing a billion games of COD over the years.

So who is playing Fortnite on the PS4? I want to run some squads. It's taken me a few months but I'm really enjoying it now. Season 5 starts in a few days, and I'm going to put in some work.

So....who's in?

So I preordered Fallout 76 because I'm a fiend like that. I trust that franchise. Anyway, I picked up the switch and perused the online game store and HOLY MOLY!

Nintendo released a new series called 'Arcade Archives' where they released the original arcade ROMs of games like Donkey Kong, Vs Super Mario Bros., Mario Bros., Punch Out!!, etc. Such a cool idea that I'm surprised it got the green light.

So who is playing Fortnite on the PS4? I want to run some squads. It's taken me a few months but I'm really enjoying it now. Season 5 starts in a few days, and I'm going to put in some work.

So....who's in?
    fortnite is too hard

So....who's in?
    i could mention it to my 16 year old who seems to play that damn game 24/7. not sure how any of that works, but i mean, i'd do that for you.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Default The Video Game Thread

How long does a fortnite game last? I watched a girl play yesterday during sacrament for the entire meeting. And she was still playing when the meeting ended. I think she was still in the same game, but I can't be certain. She was not shy about the fact that she was gaming in sacrament meeting, and I sort of respect that in a strange way.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    How long does a fortnite game last? I watched a girl play yesterday during sacrament for the entire meeting. And she was still playing when the meeting ended. I think she was still in the same game, but I can't be certain. She was not shy about the fact that she was gaming in sacrament meeting, and I sort of respect that in a strange way.

I don't find your respect strange at all. I absolutely respect her decision without qualification to game through all of sacrament meeting.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

If she didn't at least pause it and put it down during the administration of the sacrament that's bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post

Looks like she might have been going up against that dude in the background.

That is a major parenting fail, btw. What is wrong with people?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Also looks like DH was wearing his jellies to church.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

FWIW, it looked like 5-6 kids who were being dragged to church by the grandparents.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Also looks like DH was wearing his jellies to church.
    It's after Memorial Day, bruh.

If she didn't at least pause it and put it down during the administration of the sacrament that's bullshit.
    can't pause fortnight. The storm will get ya if even if you be hiding as a bush

no way she was playing the same game for the whole Sac mtg. games last about 20 mins if you win and usually much shorter if you lose.