No announcement yet.

The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see Safe House? Anyone have any opinions from what they've seen in trailers?

Comment

• Took the boys to see Episode I last night. I didn't remember it being that long.

Also they are only releasing one movie a year? I figured the next one would be out at the end of summer/fall. Lame.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

• We saw "The Vow." I thought I was being a good sport by going with my wife, but after seeing it I have to admit it is not really a chick flick, IMO. It's an interesting story, the acting is decent (Rachel McAdams is a pretty good actress in this kind of role, and is simply pretty, to boot), and the story is surprisingly interesting. It's a good couple movie and you will be talking about it afterward (e.g., "I wonder how we would handle that?"). Recommended.
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
          We saw "The Vow." I thought I was being a good sport by going with my wife, but after seeing it I have to admit it is not really a chick flick, IMO. It's an interesting story, the acting is decent (Rachel McAdams is a pretty good actress in this kind of role, and is simply pretty, to boot), and the story is surprisingly interesting. It's a good couple movie and you will be talking about it afterward (e.g., "I wonder how we would handle that?"). Recommended.
          Not surprised you enjoyed a movie with Channing Tatums bare behind. I saw it over the weekend with the wife as well. It was ok. I thought it had potential but never really took off. Very slow.

Rachel McAdams is sneaky hot.
          *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Not surprised you enjoyed a movie with Channing Tatums bare behind.
            I'd forgotten about that but it obviously made an impression on you.
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• "This Mean's War" is a terrible movie. My wife get's all worked up over Chris Pine so it wasn't a total waste but it really was bad.

Comment

• Hmmm. Someone who's opinion I respect very much said that This Means War made him laugh over 50% of the time. Now I'm confused.

Comment

• My youngest son (14) plays defense as a freshman on his high school varsity hockey team.

We are planning to catch this movie together for some father and son bonding time.

[YOUTUBE]NfOZaquIhG8[/YOUTUBE]
                  "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
                  -Thucydides

"Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
                  -Miyamoto Musashi

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

• Finally caught up with The Interrupters. Great doc from the same guy who did Hoop Dreams.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Just watched Safe House. Dont understand why it got mediocre scores on rotten tomatoes. It has Denzel Washington, Ryan Reynolds and Vera Farmiga in it, for heaven's sake. And it was filmed in Capetown.

Recommended for you Jason Bourne fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                        Just watched Safe House. Dont understand why it got mediocre scores on rotten tomatoes. It has Denzel Washington, Ryan Reynolds and Vera Farmiga in it, for heaven's sake. And it was filmed in Capetown.

Loved it. It was fun seeing my old mission haunts including the utter craphole Langa. The first time I went there I had to duck down in the back of a member's car until we reached our destination.

Comment

• Took the boys to Alamo Drafthouse (very awesome movie watching experience) today and watched the Oscar Nominated Animated Shorts. It was one of the most fun times had at the movies in a long time.

Our favorite was The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore. Though all were fun, LaLuna from Pixar was great too.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                            Just watched Safe House. Dont understand why it got mediocre scores on rotten tomatoes. It has Denzel Washington, Ryan Reynolds and Vera Farmiga in it, for heaven's sake. And it was filmed in Capetown.

Denzel was great.....

Ryan was great.....

The story had potential.

Too predictable.

Comment

• I watched 50/50 over the weekend. I thought it was pretty well done and had some funny parts. Solid B for me.
                              *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                                Finally caught up with The Interrupters. Great doc from the same guy who did Hoop Dreams.
                                Steve James? I met him at the Sundance Film Festival many years ago when he premiered Prefontaine. I also met Jared Leto, who played Prefontaine.
                                What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                                -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Working...
                                X