Page 70 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 3677

Thread: The "last movie I saw" thread

  1. #2071
    Has overcome great fear Green Lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    I read the synopsis for that movie. WTF? I wished I hadn't.
    It's definitely one of a kind, but if you're in the mood for something a bit "out there" and that will give you some food for thought for days afterward, it's worth watching.
    Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

    None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

    I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

    --Portland Ute

  2. #2072
    Where's Wallace? Surfah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    V to the izz-A.
    Posts
    32,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
    It's definitely one of a kind, but if you're in the mood for something a bit "out there" and that will give you some food for thought for days afterward, it's worth watching.
    Does a viewing come with eye bleach?
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

  3. #2073
    Senior Member Katy Lied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Center of the Salt Lake Valley
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    What I hated about Dogtooth was that their family was so disfunctional with no morality play in it. There was no greecian chorus (hah!) to comment on how sick the family was, their lives were just portrayed so matter of factly. If there is an overriding mood to the movie, it's matter of fact.

    Then, at the end, when the dogteeth come out and you sense that the parents are going to get their comeuppance for their psycho ideas and ruining their kids, the movie ends.

  4. #2074
    True believer BoylenOver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    9,115

    Default

    Woke up at 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. "Rachel Getting Married" is on a movie channel. One of my favorites.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

  5. #2075
    I ♥ gateway sex FN Phat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Surfah's Clan
    Posts
    8,630

    Default

    Watched Flight last night. The most intense first 20 minutes of a movie I have seen. My wife and I were both tense. I thought it was great from beginning (obligatory boob shot) to end (surprised me a bit)
    I'm your huckleberry.


    "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

  6. #2076

    Default Re: The "last movie I saw" thread

    Full frontal Nadine Velasquez is always awesome. The crash scene was great. The following 2 hours not a fan, last 10 minutes were good again.
    *Banned*

  7. #2077
    Members Only Dwight Schr-ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    2,538

    Default

    Watched Perks of Being a Wallflower over the weekend. The strongest impression it left me with was, make fun of 80s movies as much as you want but they sure had some great music to work with. We hardly even try these days.

  8. #2078
    Local Character clackamascoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Keeping Portland Weird
    Posts
    4,301

    Default

    I watched Duel, starring Dennis Weaver. Duel was a 1971 Speilberg movie, featuring a Plymouth Valiant against a 1955 Peterbuilt Tanker Truck.

    It was rated a 4 star movie, but I'd only give it 2 and a half.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel_(1971_film)

    To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science.

    -Albert Einstien.

  9. #2079

    Default

    I rewatched 'Minority Report' with my 14-year old daughter the other day. What a great show. I think it's one of the best movie movies Speiberg has done. As a kid, I loved the popular Spielberg movies, like ET. But I think 'Minority Report' and 'Catch Me If You Can' represent the pinnacle of Spielberg works. They seem to eschew emotionally manipulative tactics and let the story tell itself.

    My daughter liked the show, by the way. I could watch it again, I liked it that much.

  10. #2080
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    15,956

    Default The "last movie I saw" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    I watched Duel, starring Dennis Weaver. Duel was a 1971 Speilberg movie, featuring a Plymouth Valiant against a 1955 Peterbuilt Tanker Truck.

    It was rated a 4 star movie, but I'd only give it 2 and a half.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel_(1971_film)
    I remember seeing that when it was new. It was an abc Tuesday movie of the week if I recall. I watched it because I was a McCloud fan. It was pretty spooky back then. Probably didnt age well.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  11. #2081
    Senior Member Katy Lied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Center of the Salt Lake Valley
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    I saw Charlie Wilson's War again. What an awesome, awesome movie. I recommend watching this after seeing all 13 episodes of Netflix's House of Cards. Similar material, yet much funnier in Wilson's War.

    My favorite scene is when Charlie meets Gust Avrakotos. Every time one of Charlie's congressional aides comes in with more bad news that Charlie is getting indicted for cocaine use and general partying, Charlie sends Gust into an adjoining office. He then huddles with his aids (all women, and all bombshells, and all very smart cookies) on how best to address the scandal. After being sent next door 5 or 6 times, Gust comes back in and gives Charlie advice on the scandal. Charlie is outraged but Gust proves to be right. It is a screamingly funny scene.

    Another reason to see this movie: Gust brings in a young colleague from the CIA, a nerdy type (and we meet him playing 5 simultaneous games of chess on his lunch break in the park). Wilson protests because he doesn't think this young kid will be helpful.Turns out that the young kid served in the army special forces as both a non-commissioned and commissioned officer, and had a particularly useful set of tools for the job (servings as weapons advisor for the job of funneling weapons to Afghanistan). The kid is Michael G Vickers, now the Department of Defense's top civilian employee in military intelligence.
    Last edited by Katy Lied; 02-12-2013 at 12:39 PM.

  12. #2082
    Trombonist-In-Chief
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Krum, TX
    Posts
    48

    Default

    I just watch 'Master & Commander' again a couple of days ago. Maybe Crowe's best film(apologies to 'A Beautiful Mind).' Just a wonderful historical period movie.

  13. #2083
    Has overcome great fear Green Lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    I watched Duel, starring Dennis Weaver. Duel was a 1971 Speilberg movie, featuring a Plymouth Valiant against a 1955 Peterbuilt Tanker Truck.

    It was rated a 4 star movie, but I'd only give it 2 and a half.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel_(1971_film)
    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    I remember seeing that when it was new. It was an abc Tuesday movie of the week if I recall. I watched it because I was a McCloud fan. It was pretty spooky back then. Probably didnt age well.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! Duel has aged fantastically! Lean, mean and with not a wasted scene or camera movement. The fact that Spielberg had such natural cinematic gifts at age 26 makes it even more impressive. I recommend any Spielberg fan to go watch this, his first feature.
    Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

    None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

    I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

    --Portland Ute

  14. #2084
    Has overcome great fear Green Lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    I rewatched 'Minority Report' with my 14-year old daughter the other day. What a great show. I think it's one of the best movie movies Speiberg has done. As a kid, I loved the popular Spielberg movies, like ET. But I think 'Minority Report' and 'Catch Me If You Can' represent the pinnacle of Spielberg works. They seem to eschew emotionally manipulative tactics and let the story tell itself.

    My daughter liked the show, by the way. I could watch it again, I liked it that much.
    And while we're on Spielberg, I agree that Minority Report is top tier. (You're wrong about the pinnacle though. It was definitely Raiders and E.T.) What do you think about the interpretation that...
    Spoiler for spoilers:
    ...everything that takes place after Cruise is taken into custody actually only takes place in his own mind? Remember, we're told that the perps will just live out their greatest fantasies once they're locked away, and it's only after he's taken that every single element, no matter how improbable, seems to fall into place. He even manages to reunite with his wife. I think it's an interesting read, although it makes the movie a lot darker.
    Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

    None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

    I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

    --Portland Ute

  15. #2085

    Default Re: The "last movie I saw" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
    And while we're on Spielberg, I agree that Minority Report is top tier. (You're wrong about the pinnacle though. It was definitely Raiders and E.T.) What do you think about the interpretation that...
    Spoiler for spoilers:
    ...everything that takes place after Cruise is taken into custody actually only takes place in his own mind? Remember, we're told that the perps will just live out their greatest fantasies once they're locked away, and it's only after he's taken that every single element, no matter how improbable, seems to fall into place. He even manages to reunite with his wife. I think it's an interesting read, although it makes the movie a lot darker.
    E t does not hold up. That movie has not aged well

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

  16. #2086
    Has overcome great fear Green Lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    E t does not hold up. That movie has not aged well

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Shut your face. I just saw it in the theater a few months ago with my 7 year old. It was fantastic. And we both cried like babies.
    Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

    None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

    I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

    --Portland Ute

  17. #2087

    Default Re: The "last movie I saw" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
    Shut your face. I just saw it in the theater a few months ago with my 7 year old. It was fantastic. And we both cried like babies.
    Did you cry cause you realized it was so terribly made?


    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

  18. #2088
    Has overcome great fear Green Lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Did you cry cause you realized it was so terribly made?


    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm convinced you haven't watched this movie.
    Kids in general these days seem more socially retarded...

    None of them date. They hang out. They text. They sit in the same car or room and don't say a word...they text. Then, they go home and whack off to internet porn.

    I think that's the sad truth about why these kids are retards.

    --Portland Ute

  19. #2089
    I ♥ gateway sex FN Phat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Surfah's Clan
    Posts
    8,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    E t does not hold up. That movie has not aged well

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Blasphemy
    I'm your huckleberry.


    "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

  20. #2090
    The Dude Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    32,204

    Default

    ET sucked the first time around. SJBH.
    So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

  21. #2091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
    And while we're on Spielberg, I agree that Minority Report is top tier. (You're wrong about the pinnacle though. It was definitely Raiders and E.T.) What do you think about the interpretation that...
    Spoiler for spoilers:
    ...everything that takes place after Cruise is taken into custody actually only takes place in his own mind? Remember, we're told that the perps will just live out their greatest fantasies once they're locked away, and it's only after he's taken that every single element, no matter how improbable, seems to fall into place. He even manages to reunite with his wife. I think it's an interesting read, although it makes the movie a lot darker.
    Ditto on the others about E.T. It was good when I saw it as a kid, but if I hear that musical theme one more time...

    About your spoiler, I had heard that before. I think it's definitely an interesting possibility. But yeah, I choose to watch it as it's most easily viewed.

  22. #2092
    Senior Member Soccermom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    Insomnia. Watching Looper.

  23. #2093
    Senior Member Katy Lied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Center of the Salt Lake Valley
    Posts
    6,776

    Default

    Perks of Being a Wallflower. Nice sensitive young man coming of age story.

  24. #2094
    Known Heterosexual RC Vikings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rexburg, Idaho
    Posts
    6,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soccermom View Post
    Insomnia. Watching Looper.
    So what did you think of the movie?

  25. #2095
    Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    31,586

    Default

    El Bulli: Cooking in Progress

    Not as interesting as I hoped it would be. Half the doc basically just follows Ferran and his crew through the six month offseason where they start conceiving dishes for the next year. Then other half shows the six month period where the restaurant opens and they're trying to put all their offseason work into order.

    Unlike Jiro, which examined his life, his relationships with his sons, his quest for perfection (he he), etc., this didn't really have much of a theme or much to say at all. You just kind of watch them as they go through their preparations.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

  26. #2096
    Senior Member Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Davis County
    Posts
    4,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    I watched Duel, starring Dennis Weaver. Duel was a 1971 Speilberg movie, featuring a Plymouth Valiant against a 1955 Peterbuilt Tanker Truck.

    It was rated a 4 star movie, but I'd only give it 2 and a half.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel_(1971_film)
    I think you're being generous.

    I watched Duel because I kept thinking it would get better. It didn't. There are very few movies that I have watched all the way through and then come out the other end so disappointed that I kept watching and the time I wasted on them. But this is one.

  27. #2097
    Senior Member Soccermom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    So what did you think of the movie?
    It was interesting. I mean, essentially it was a movie with no real good guy to pull for until they met the telekinetic child and his 'mom.'

    I liked it. I didn't anticipate it to end the way it did, but it was pretty good.

  28. #2098
    Known Heterosexual RC Vikings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rexburg, Idaho
    Posts
    6,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soccermom View Post
    It was interesting. I mean, essentially it was a movie with no real good guy to pull for until they met the telekinetic child and his 'mom.'

    I liked it. I didn't anticipate it to end the way it did, but it was pretty good.
    Damn

  29. #2099

    Default

    Side Effects- First hour I thought it was going to be about depression and the use of anti-depressants. In fact that is exactly what it was about. They start it down this path about the side effects of anti-depressants and how serious depression can be. Very somber for the first half of the movie.

    Then you have a huge twist and the movie turns on its head. Something that I did not see coming at all.

    It is a bit slow at times but overall a pretty good movie. Actually reminded me a little of the movie Wild Things but classed up a bit.
    *Banned*

  30. #2100
    Handsome Boy Graduate mpfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Side Effects- First hour I thought it was going to be about depression and the use of anti-depressants. In fact that is exactly what it was about. They start it down this path about the side effects of anti-depressants and how serious depression can be. Very somber for the first half of the movie.

    Then you have a huge twist and the movie turns on its head. Something that I did not see coming at all.

    It is a bit slow at times but overall a pretty good movie. Actually reminded me a little of the movie Wild Things but classed up a bit.
    I'm assuming this means that they don't show Kevin Bacon's dong, because that was the only non-classy part of Wild Things.
    "But luckily the two had time to play catch-up while Marian Hossa was celebrating his second Stanley Cup in three seasons and Chara was contemplating how he was spun around like an eight-foot dreidel by Patrick Kane all series."
    --Puck Daddy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •