• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Unto the pure, all things are pure ....

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      Unto the pure, all things are pure ....
      For those of Troy, even a clean linen is soiled and smudged.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• everything is NOT awesome.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

everything is NOT awesome.
          Not a fan, then?
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
            Not a fan, then?
            Overall I thought it was pretty terrible and silly. I've enjoyed many of the cartoon movies my kids see....the pixars, the dreamworks movies....love them. This one was mostly non stop dumb.

all the kids in the audience loved it. Most of the parents were on their phones browsing the web or whatever.

there were a few redeeming moments and a couple of jokes that were funny (ie, Shaq's line), but by and large I didn't not enjoy it.

there was some Lego cleavage that I didn't mind, though.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              Darn. I'm going tomorrow. If we had gone at the same time it would be almost like we went together.
              What time tomorrow? Maybe we can text during it!!
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

everything is NOT awesome.
                I loved it. Perfectly captured the fun of playing with Legos.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• My 12 year old really liked it. I wouldn't go so far as to say he "loved" it, but he did enjoy it. He said he thought I would not enjoy it. Based on TD's comments, I think he was probably right.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• ldc and I went to see Monuments Men today, it was ok. Going to a movie during the day was awesome though, I need to retire I think I'd enjoy it.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      ldc and I went to see Monuments Men today, it was ok. Going to a movie during the day was awesome though, I need to retire I think I'd enjoy it.
                      5:00 a.m. breakfast, 6:00 a.m. golf, 10:45 a.m. lunch, 12:30 pm movie, 3:45 p.m. dinner, 5:30 p.m. lights out.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        5:00 a.m. breakfast, 6:00 a.m. golf, 10:45 a.m. lunch, 12:30 pm movie, 3:45 p.m. dinner, 5:30 p.m. lights out.

I can stay up until at least 7:30, that gives me 2 hours for craps.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          ldc and I went to see Monuments Men today, it was ok. Going to a movie during the day was awesome though, I need to retire I think I'd enjoy it.
                          Saw monument men today. I really liked it. My type of movie.

Comment

• Watched Captain Phillips with some friends last night. Pretty good. I love Tom Hanks and thought he did well. For me it moved from ok to pretty good because of the Navy Seals in the last half.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Saw Blue Jasmine today. Not the biggest Woodie fan in the world, but I actually liked this one quite a bit. A bit of a variation from his normal fare, I would say. Blanchett was amazing and should win the Oscar (unless the campaign against Woodie in the NYTimes does the film in).

Comment

• Saw "About Last Night".

It was average at best as the narrative, usually weak for romantic comedies, is especially tenuous. It paints a caricature of urban relationships, purportedly taking place in LA, but it has more of a NYC feel to it. It involves two "couples" who meet while the first couple tries to reignite their first encounter after a drinking binge. For those sensitive about language, you won't enjoy it. The second "couple" involve an actor and an actress who are not equal in their thespian skills.

In any event, the movie plods at times, and other times has humor. This movie was made for the twenties-early thirties crowd and not much else. It never really draws you in if you are not involved in that scene, i.e., go to bar after work, have some drinks to pick up chicks or to be picked up. Surprisingly, of the three "romantic" movies released on V Day, it got the best reviews. That meaning, nobody should see the other two.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X