The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
    Funny thing...I think her mouth/teeth is what makes her hot nasty.

I watched the movie last night. Really enjoyed it.
    FIFY
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
      "limited filming took place in Moscow"
      Bummer. All those beautiful night shots of the Kremlin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
        I saw the latest Jack Ryan movie. On behalf of Robert Ludlum, I've long been offended that they take his characters and completely rewrite his books and willynilly change the ending. This latest incarnation just uses the character Jack Ryan and gives him a whole new wife and life, retaining maybe one thing: his PhD from the London School of Economics. So its okay that they bastardize everything-- we're only talking about a general character.

Anyways, I loved this movie. Straight thriller with a pretense of complexity (the terrorists target the financial markets). I am a huge sucker for any movie that films in Red Square (Get Smart, The Saint) and at least 2/3rds of this movie was filmed on the cobblestones next to the Kremlin. It still not my absolute favorite spy movie (That will remain Spy Game), but its a nice way to spend an afternoon.
        you can be offended for Ludlum in the case of those Borne movies, but Jack Ryan is a Tom Clancy invention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          A Clockwork Orange. Effed up. Like Dogtooth meets Willy Wonka effed up.
          I'd always heard how messed up this movie was, which made me very hesitant to watch it. Then when I did, I was all "that's it?" I guess I should read the book, though.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Apparently it was Jack Ryan Night for CS. We saw it and enjoyed it as well, although it was far from the top of my favorite spy thrillers. We thought it was funny that Knightley was acting as an American, Branagh was acting as a Russian and, as usual, Costner wasn't acting at all. The night shots of St. Basil's, Red Square, etc. were stunning. And we were a little surprised that the Russians allowed the filming at all, given the anti-Moscow slant.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              you can be offended for Ludlum in the case of those Borne movies, but Jack Ryan is a Tom Clancy invention.
              Well I'm not offended for him. He's still alive to defend his literary offspring.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                Apparently it was Jack Ryan Night for CS. We saw it and enjoyed it as well, although it was far from the top of my favorite spy thrillers. We thought it was funny that Knightley was acting as an American, Branagh was acting as a Russian and, as usual, Costner wasn't acting at all. The night shots of St. Basil's, Red Square, etc. were stunning. And we were a little surprised that the Russians allowed the filming at all, given the anti-Moscow slant.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                  Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                  Well I'm not offended for him. He's still alive to defend his literary offspring.
                  This must be one of those situations where Katy intentionally mixes metaphors just to mess with you. [exits stage left]
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    This must be one of those situations where Katy intentionally mixes metaphors just to mess with you. [exits stage left]
                    see also being a sucker for movies that are filmed on the cobblestones next to the Kremlin.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      [exits stage left]

They're slippery as all git out when wet, but I luv me some cobblestones.

Comment

• Apparently the company I work for conducted air quality tests of a tunnel that was used in a chase scene. before and during the film. They are so proud of the brush with Hollywood that it is on the front page of the corporate website.
                        I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• American Psycho

File this under "movies other people found disturbing." I thought it was OK. I was more inspired by Christian Bale's workout ethic than impressed by anything else going on here. Also, I thought the movie was very transparent as to whether it was all in his head; I know that has been the source of some controversy among slow folks.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            American Psycho

File this under "movies other people found disturbing." I thought it was OK. I was more inspired by Christian Bale's workout ethic than impressed by anything else going on here. Also, I thought the movie was very transparent as to whether it was all in his head; I know that has been the source of some controversy among slow folks.
                            I could well be one of those slow folks -- you believe all the killings are imaginary, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                              I could well be one of those slow folks -- you believe all the killings are imaginary, right?
                              If you expose me as part of the slow folk I was just demeaning, so help me...

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                                Well, the ridiculous, dream-like nature of the killings (chainsaw planting itself in the back, etc.) plus the reveal that the best friend killing didn't happen led me to the conclusion that Willem Dafoe was imaginary as well, and that CB's character just liked to fancy himself a "killer" but that despite all his rage he was still just a rat in a cage, blah blah blah.

Comment

Working...
                                X