No announcement yet.

The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Frozen. Two thumbs up. Not really qualified to argue its songs rankings among other Disney of last 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      All of those are over 20 years old. Lion King had a couple decent songs. Mulan had a couple. Hunchback had a couple underrated songs. Pocahontas sucked, no matter how many times that Vanessa Williams song played on the radio. Hercules, nope. Phil Collins ruined Tarzan. And since 2000, there haven't been many great songs coming from Disney. Enchanted had a couple, but that wasn't a full-feature animation. In my opinion, Let It Go is Disney's best song from an animated movie since Lion King in 1995.
      Agreed completely.
      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
        Your familiarity is a little disconcerting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        That post is frightening. The only Disney song I'd recognize and be able to pair with the movie is that Lion King one.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• That song's pretty good; its fun to belt out "Let it go, let it go, I am one with the wind and the sky.."

I also like the irony that as Elsa gets colder and colder, she gets "hotter and hotter."

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post

That song's pretty good; its fun to belt out "Let it go, let it go, I am one with the wind and the sky.."

I also like the irony that as Elsa gets colder and colder, she gets "hotter and hotter."
            My kids are LOVING this song -- listening to it non-stop. Even the two-year olds sing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post

That song's pretty good; its fun to belt out "Let it go, let it go, I am one with the wind and the sky.."

Disney's gay anthem:

http://www.rotoscopers.com/2013/11/3...profiles-elsa/

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                Dang it, we picked this one. I'll return and report. I'm already feeling tired and may need a jumbo Coke Zero for this one.
                Walter Mitty was okay. It was fun in a "Dan in Real Life" sort of way (I really like DiRL) but the slapstick humor in Mitty was over the top. I liked the idea and thought it was well executed. There were 2 or 3 scenes that didn't need to be in the movie that "ruined" it for me. Also, the cover of Major Tom was awful....absolutely awful.

The scenes that should have been removed were:
                Spoiler for Ugh:
                The Benjamin Button clip. The idea was funny when he said it but they didn't need to do the flashback to scene where they are actually in the movie....although one guy in the theater just about died laughing so maybe my humor index is off. Also the beat down at the airport as seen through the x-ray machine. I know there was one more but can't quite pinpoint it.

For the record, I stayed awake for the whole thing thanks to a quick nap before the movie and a 32oz Coke Zero!
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  This page is hilarious. Posts jumping back and forth between the graphic sex in WOWS and a debate on songs in Disney animated features.
                  You can tell who has young kids at home and who doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                    My kids are LOVING this song -- listening to it non-stop. Even the two-year olds sing it.
                    Same here. My girls are wearing it out right now.
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Walter Mitty was okay. It was fun in a "Dan in Real Life" sort of way (I really like DiRL) but the slapstick humor in Mitty was over the top. I liked the idea and thought it was well executed. There were 2 or 3 scenes that didn't need to be in the movie that "ruined" it for me. Also, the cover of Major Tom was awful....absolutely awful.

Spoiler for Ugh:
                      The Benjamin Button clip. The idea was funny when he said it but they didn't need to do the flashback to scene where they are actually in the movie....although one guy in the theater just about died laughing so maybe my humor index is off. Also the beat down at the airport as seen through the x-ray machine. I know there was one more but can't quite pinpoint it.

The fight scene with Ted?

Comment

Spoiler for Ugh:

For the record, I stayed awake for the whole thing thanks to a quick nap before the movie and a 32oz Coke Zero!
                        Gidget loved it. I really liked it and wanted to love it but couldn't for the same scenes you mentioned. It was just too much silliness when the movie didn't need it. As RC said earlier, it's too bad Stiller had to Stillerize the film, because it could have been really sweet without that. I will say though that the audience in our theater loved it. There were lots of laughs and even a round of applause when it finished that caught me off guard. So like you, maybe it was just me. I will say, this was the first movie I found Kristen Wiig attractive and that is probably because of the characters she has played in other movies.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                          The fight scene with Ted?
                          Yes, that one as well. It was a bit over the top although not as bad as the others.

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Gidget loved it. I really liked it and wanted to love it but couldn't for the same scenes you mentioned. It was just too much silliness when the movie didn't need it. As RC said earlier, it's too bad Stiller had to Stillerize the film, because it could have been really sweet without that. I will say though that the audience in our theater loved it. There were lots of laughs and even a round of applause when it finished that caught me off guard. So like you, maybe it was just me. I will say, this was the first movie I found Kristen Wiig attractive and that is probably because of the characters she has played in other movies.
                          The funny thing is that I'll likely buy the movie because I liked it so much, but it could have been great. I loved the plot:

Spoiler for Plot according to Mol:
                          The whole time I was thinking that Sean had set up this whole intricate chase game all in an effort to get Walter out of his comfort zone and have him enjoy his life a bit. The scene with the snow leopard and the dialogue between the two was great and really made the movie for me, especially when I realized Sean hadn't really set anything up on purpose.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Wolf of Wall Street did not work for me. I am not a fan of Leonardo, the over the top delivery was too much, and it seemed to lack heart.

The profuse profanity, though common in law, politics, Wall Street and prostitution, didn't serve entertainment well. I am left to wonder why others found it entertaining. It was so bad, we left and went to watch Walter Mitty, which was by comparison light years better. And Mitty was an average film.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                              Wolf of Wall Street did not work for me. I am not a fan of Leonardo, the over the top delivery was too much, and it seemed to lack heart.

The profuse profanity, though common in law, politics, Wall Street and prostitution, didn't serve entertainment well. I am left to wonder why others found it entertaining. It was so bad, we left and went to watch Walter Mitty, which was by comparison light years better. And Mitty was an average film.
                              Glad to see you still have some Mo. in you.
                              *Banned*

Comment

• Soup and I went and saw Wolf over the weekend. We thought it was great. It was long but did not seem long. We're fans of Leo and Jonah Hill though so we may be biased. I was very entertained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X