The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Loved it. And that soundtrack was bringing it.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Hustle & Flow

Took me a while to get around to watching this since i first narrowly missed it at Sundance, but I finally did on the flix. Terrence Howard is awesome in this.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Searching for Sugarman

Finally saw this. I can't believe how much I liked it. What a wild turn for this guy.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I saw Sound City last night. I was prepared to love it because I'm a little bit of a Nirvana nerd and a huge bit of a Ratt/Poison/Cinderella nerd. Unfortunately, I thought it veered off the story at the end. I almost felt like I was watching a commercial for a collaboration album - should have ended 20 minutes early.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
            I watched "Good Will Hunting" for the first time last night with some co-workers.
            Saw this was on Netflix Instant and watched it last night for probably the 100th time. Damn I love that movie. So many memorable scenes, lines and pieces of dialogue.

Comment

• Note to self: Drive is the wrong Ryan Gosling movie to watch with Gidget to get her in the mood.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                Note to self: Drive is the wrong Ryan Gosling movie to watch with Gidget to get her in the mood.
                Then don't watch Blue Valentine next!

I actually watched that again the other night. Man that movie is tough to watch.

Comment

• Bones Brigade: Autobiography. Excellent documentary of the legendary 80's skate team. Rodney Mullen is so interesting. I didn't know much about him other than he's the greatest freestyle skater ever. All the guys featured have done pretty well unlike other icons like Gator or Hosoi (though he's turned things around). It's a testament to Peralta's management.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

• Katy Perry: Part of Me

This thing was so awkward. It was like all the same fans you see in the Beiber doc, but he's 16 in that thing and she's 27. Just weird. And it's supposed to be this PR puff piece where they want you to come away thinking she's likable or relatable or whatever, but she just seems kind of lame to me. She also has potentially the best (worst?) makeup to no makeup ratio of any chick I've seen.

Comment

• Finally saw Catfish the other night. It was interesting to watch, especially in light of the whole Manti Te'o deal, but I found myself incredulous of its authenticity.

Comment

• Friday I was stuck somewhere so I rented 4 movie: A Late Quartet, Ted, Flight, Playing for Keeps. Yeah, eclectic selection. The best one was A Late Quartet. And the 20 minutes of the airplane crash scene for Flight was, like the critics said, the scariest in modern history. I was taken by Denzel's calm demeanor during the whole crash sequence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                          Friday I was stuck somewhere so I rented 4 movie: A Late Quartet, Ted, Flight, Playing for Keeps. Yeah, eclectic selection. The best one was A Late Quartet. And the 20 minutes of the airplane crash scene for Flight was, like the critics said, the scariest in modern history. I was taken by Denzel's calm demeanor during the whole crash sequence.
                          Nothing to say about Ted?
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Wreck it Ralph with the kids.

I thought it was fun. Dollar movies rule when the wife is sick.
                            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Ted, not much to say. I think that Family Guy is funny but not in a cute-teddy-bear-hanging-out-with-hookers kind of way. So the movie didn't do much for me.*

*The funniest bits on Family Guy are when Peter accidentally whacks his shin on something, and then sits there grabbing his shin and going "whooossss, owwwwww.... whooooooosss, owwwwwww..." He'll do it for like, 45 seconds, just to see how long the audience will stay with the show before changing the channel.

Comment

• We watched "The perks of being a wallflower" this weekend. What a good and profound movie.. 2 thumbs up...

Sam: Why do I and everyone I love pick people who treat us like we're nothing?
                                Charlie: We accept the love we think we deserve.

Comment

Working...
                                X