Page 192 of 195 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,760 of 5821

Thread: The "last movie I saw" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    I stopped paying attention to what movies Walter likes when he dissed Coco.
    Yeah I had forgotten about that weird, deep seated feud with Pixar he seems to have. I would love to see what demographic he belongs to. His #1 all time movie is probably Se7en or something...
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post

You sound like someone that voted from Hillary.
    He probably didn't vote because he's above all that. We lose credibility by voting.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Yeah I had forgotten about that weird, deep seated feud with Pixar he seems to have. I would love to see what demographic he belongs to. His #1 all time movie is probably Se7en or something...
    We should take a running count of genres Walter finds discrediting:

Pixar Films;
    Superhero Films;
    Cartoon films;
    Spy thrillers:
    Films about dogs.

any others?

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

I'm going to go out on a limb and add science fiction and fantasy to that mix.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Let's not forget that Walter's prior username was Space Ghost.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post

irony ruling?
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post

Not sure what your point is here. Space Ghost transitioned to be the host of a daily talk show on Comedy Central, paving the way for Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah, et al. Both Stewart and Colbert have personally cited Space Ghost as a profound influence on their work lampooning the political establishment. Without Space Ghost, dipshits like the current POTUS would have far easier work messing up our country.

Thank you Space Ghost. We salute you.

flag-salute-silhouette.jpg
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Pre-Historic Man

I'm going to go out on a limb and add science fiction and fantasy to that mix.
    I imagine no occult, or probably no fiction whatsoever. It's C-Spann or nothing for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Not sure what your point is here. Space Ghost transitioned to be the host of a daily talk show on Comedy Central, paving the way for Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah, et al. Both Stewart and Colbert have personally cited Space Ghost as a profound influence on their work lampooning the political establishment. Without Space Ghost, dipshits like the current POTUS would have far easier work messing up our country.

Thank you Space Ghost. We salute you.

flag-salute-silhouette.jpg

You're Space Ghost?

You're Space Ghost?
    No. My old nickname was Super Gabers.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

No. My old nickname was Super Gabers.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Avengers was awful. I was bored to tears the whole time.

No self-respecting adult should watch comic book hero movies. So... maybe grow up? These movies are written for 12-yo boys and are far too dumb for any thinking adult.

Comic book movies could be good. Modern day myths.
    Quit encouraging them to serve us this crap.

I intend to live forever.
    So far, so good.
    --Steven Wright

We always seem to be a few months behind on things, but we finally watched The Greatest Showman last night. Fantastic! We loved it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    We always seem to be a few months behind on things, but we finally watched The Greatest Showman last night. Fantastic! We loved it.
    All aboard the TGS train... CHUGGA chugga chugga CHUGGA chugga chugga CHOO CHOOOOOOO!!

His #1 all time movie is probably Se7en or something...
    My all-time fave, the only movie I have rated 10/10, a perfect film:

ra.jpg

Okay, then.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Not for everyone, but I enjoyed The Death of Stalin, a lot. The basic story (Stalin's stroke, then death, then the power struggle and coup) is fairly accurate, but it's presented with a fine combination of Monty Python and Dr. Strangelove, which is to be expected since it's done by Veep's Armando Iannucci. Steve Buscemi's Khrushchev and Jeffrey Tambor's Malenkov are excellent; actually, pretty much everyone is great.

https://youtu.be/9_5Uz5JbQs0
    Saw this last night with my wife (Happy Mother’s Day eve!) and we both really enjoyed it. Agree that pretty much everyone is great. Loved Buscemi as Khrushchev and Michael Palin as Molotov.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Finally saw A Quiet Place.

Loved it. Intense moments, for sure.

I figured that the act of my daughter illegally streaming 'Coco' and me distracted by work would help negate any good juju, and stem an emotional response from me.

Nope. Hopefully my daughter didn't notice.

What a great movie. Again.

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Saw this last night with my wife (Happy Mother’s Day eve!) and we both really enjoyed it. Agree that pretty much everyone is great. Loved Buscemi as Khrushchev and Michael Palin as Molotov.
    It was a marvelous experience mixing the pathos of the historical incidents with a dark humor that only that cast could have pulled off.

Pre-Historic Man

I figured that the act of my daughter illegally streaming 'Coco' and me distracted by work would help negate any good juju, and stem an emotional response from me.

Nope. Hopefully my daughter didn't notice.

What a great movie. Again.
    I watched on the plane from New York to Vegas, and had to lean my seat back, in order to conceal the emotional response. Not having lived any time other than a brief vacation in Latin America, I never developed an appreciation for El Dia de Los Muertos. What an astounding manner in showing a profound appreciation for the cultural celebration.

Disney is going to have to rethink its Star Wars strategy. Supposedly this Solo movie, which I refuse to watch, is going to underperform another movie I refused to watch, Justice League.

Justice League's performance was the culmination of Zach Snyder misfires that happened to make money -- the Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. Justice League in it's own right was supposedly terrible and the brand couldn't save it.

Solo is supposed to also be terrible, and because of the horrible Last Jedi, the brand isn't saving it.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Disney is going to have to rethink its Star Wars strategy. Supposedly this Solo movie, which I refuse to watch, is going to underperform another movie I refused to watch, Justice League.

Justice League's performance was the culmination of Zach Snyder misfires that happened to make money -- the Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. Justice League in it's own right was supposedly terrible and the brand couldn't save it.

Solo is supposed to also be terrible, and because of the horrible Last Jedi, the brand isn't saving it.
    Solo was great fun. I enjoyed it a lot. I don't care at all about the whole Star Wars canon business. I don't know any Star Wars trivia. It was a fun movie and I don't need to over analyze it.

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post

Whoops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Deadpool 2 killed. It was funny as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
    Deadpool 2 killed. It was funny as hell.
    Just saw it today. Unbelievably inappropriate. And pretty funny.

Just saw it today. Unbelievably inappropriate. And pretty funny.
    Everyone should know that going in after seeing the first movie. It exceeded my expectations greatly.

I am watching Solo on Monday morning. I will return and report on how wrong CMBF is. From everyone I have talked with, the movie is great. Less TLJ and more Rogue One.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Solo was great fun. I enjoyed it a lot. I don't care at all about the whole Star Wars canon business. I don't know any Star Wars trivia. It was a fun movie and I don't need to over analyze it.
    Agree with this. Solo was a lot of fun if you don't overthink it. I got invited to a prerelease screening full of nerds. The applause shook the room.

Deadpool was awesome.

Solo was badass-quite far from 'terrible.' Ron Howard doesn't just take cinematic dumps- lol @ wishful thinking dorks that thought that's what was going to happen b/c they are mad that Luke died in TLJ.

The story was pretty straight-forward as sort of an origin/background story that also serves to expand the universe with more characters and entities, with a solid turn from Alden E. as Young Han and great presence from Woody Harrelson, Khaleesi, and obviously Childish Gambino. Pretty reminiscent of Rogue One with its exploration of the SW universe that doesn't mention or know about lightsabers.

Aside from the main storyline, lots of deep dives into canon with easter eggs and teases- including one gigantic one at the end- indicating that the movies are going to delve into Dave Filoni (the genius behind the Clone Wars/Rebels series) territory.
    Last edited by Commando; 05-27-2018 at 03:05 AM.

Was struck by how close Childish Gambino's speech and mannerisms and look echoed Billy Dee Williams.