No announcement yet.

The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robson's career began to crumble because he walked away from it, due to his nervous breakdowns. He quit directing a movie he was in the middle of. He was never in danger of not being successful- the guy has two emmys. He could get work any time he wants to work. Safechuck is the unsuccessful one.

Joey Fatone was interviewed and said he doubts Robson was raped because Robson is clearly in love with Jackson and for many years worshipped Jackson, and this lack of hatred is evidence that Jackson didn't abuse him. Or at least that Robson wasn't abused against his will.

Comment

• Shoplifters. Winner of the Palme d’Or at Cannes. Japanese film (English subtitles) about a “family” who makes ends meet by petty theft. My wife chose it and I was somewhat reluctant to watch but really enjoyed the story and character development.
      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• I watched Free Solo last night; I really enjoyed it but was on the edge of my seat even though I'd already read here that he was successful. Yosemite is incredible.
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
          Joey Fatone was interviewed and said he doubts Robson was raped because Robson is clearly in love with Jackson and for many years worshipped Jackson, and this lack of hatred is evidence that Jackson didn't abuse him. Or at least that Robson wasn't abused against his will.
          OMG Joey Fatone's a moron. Oh so the 7-year old was down so it wasn't abuse. I now know that 7-year olds are capable of sexual consent. Got it!
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            I found this to be more interesting:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joevoge.../#52f4fbbf640f
            From Joe's article

However, since I was not there, I ultimately cannot speak to Wade Robson and James Safechuck's experiences.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
              hilarious follow on IG and twitter
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                Shoplifters. Winner of the Palme d’Or at Cannes. Japanese film (English subtitles) about a “family” who makes ends meet by petty theft. My wife chose it and I was somewhat reluctant to watch but really enjoyed the story and character development.
                Watched this over the weekend with my wife. Very well-crafted movie. I love how you get a certain perception early on and then the plot twists start dropping. Not at all what I was expecting in the beginning.

I am going to be checking out this writer/director's other movies. I like his style.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Watched this over the weekend with my wife. Very well-crafted movie. I love how you get a certain perception early on and then the plot twists start dropping. Not at all what I was expecting in the beginning.

I am going to be checking out this writer/director's other movies. I like his style.
                  Where is this available? What platform?
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Where is this available? What platform?
                    Amazon prime. Paid $4-5.

I am watching a lot of Japanese stuff lately. Trying to resurrect my language skills.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Shazam-- I didn't realize Shazam was a real character. Just on appearances, looks like a parody of a superhero movie, which it kind of is. This is also DC's best movie since The Dark Knight.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Shazam-- I didn't realize Shazam was a real character. Just on appearances, looks like a parody of a superhero movie, which it kind of is. This is also DC's best movie since The Dark Knight.
                        Does Shaq reprise his role?
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          Does Shaq reprise his role?
                          OMG is that the same character? I never saw that. I thought that was like Kablam or something?

Comment

OMG is that the same character? I never saw that. I thought that was like Kablam or something?
                            that made me laugh.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                              that made me laugh.
                              I was thinking it was Kablooey.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Us. I liked it better than Get Out. Plot holes galore but a lot of fun and creepy.

Comment

Working...
                                X