The "last movie I saw" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
    One might say they are the Tolkien white guys.

That was good.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      I saw it last night. I thought it was really well done for a marvel movie. Very original story. Someone from Africa might have an issue with all the faux African accents, and some others might think it was a bit too heavy one the politics at times, but otherwise it was a lot of fun.
      Any movie where I can get Forest Whitaker doing a faux African accent is a winner in my book- Rogue One included!
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Black Panther- Again- a comic book movie, so trigger warning to everyone out there. You know who you are. Not too shabby. I think I was the least excited/impressed with it in my group, but then again I had been hearing some crazy hype about it. This movie is about Wakanda, a fictional utopian African nation that is supposedly the epicenter of the Marvel Universe since it sits on a giant deposit of the amazing quasi-supernatural mineral Vibranium- the stuff Cap'n America's shield is made of. Other than that, it felt like its own thing and not very Marvel-y. No cameos by other Marvel characters during the actual film, etc. Andy Serkis plays a heavy in the movie in the flesh and has a fantastic presence-- I'd like to see him do more movies the old fashioned way. He and the guy who played the Hobbit are the only non-black characters of note. Pretty fun movie, overall.

*Sidenotes
        -Michael B. Jordan is shredded. I think it must be all that training with Stallone, but he's crazy jacked in this.

-I guess this is the highest grossing movie for opening weekend ever by a black director, and had the second biggest opening weekend of all the Marvel movies so far. Not too bad!
        My wife wanted to see this so we went last night, I wish I would have stayed home and watched figure skating and I'm not even a fan of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
          My wife wanted to see this so we went last night, I wish I would have stayed home and watched figure skating and I'm not even a fan of that.
          Time to get back on the testosterone injections.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Tough guys watch comic book movies? gtfo.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Tough guys watch comic book movies? gtfo.
              Tough guys will choose an action movie over figure skating.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Tough guys will choose an action movie over figure skating.
                Lol. OK, tough guy.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

That was good.
                  Agreed.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Lol. OK, tough guy.
                    *cough* That's internet tough guy.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I think it's my high levels of testosterone that make it that I would prefer watching ice skating over comic book make believe stuff.

Comment

I think it's my high levels of testosterone that make it that I would prefer watching ice skating over comic book make believe stuff.
                        Dude I said trigger warning....

Comment

• ‘Game Night’. Solid comedy. Multiple LOLs were had. The pace was frenetic enough to overlook contrived plot lines. The Denzel Washington side story was hilarious. F- bombs were mostly judiciously spaced out, for those of you who have spouses that care about that.

B+ for me.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                            ‘Game Night’. Solid comedy. Multiple LOLs were had. The pace was frenetic enough to overlook contrived plot lines. The Denzel Washington side story was hilarious. F- bombs were mostly judiciously spaced out, for those of you who have spouses that care about that.

B+ for me.
                            Agreed. It was an amusing blend of The Game and The Man Who Knew Too Little, and both of us LOL'd a lot. Game Night won't win any Oscars next year, but it was entertaining and more fun than any of the the current Best Picture nominees.

The movie's trailer gives a good test of whether you'll enjoy the movie--Game Night delivers on the same kind of laughs throughout.

https://youtu.be/fNtLIcyjsnI

Comment

You disliked it that much? Not enough death?
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Isn't baldness an indication about a lack of testosterone?
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X