Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 3,151 to 3,154 of 3154

Thread: The "last movie I saw" thread

Pre-Historic Man

Captain America 2.0.

Slightly entertaining, but the comic storylines have grown old even though the characters are still fun.

A couple of weeks ago, wife wanted to see, God is Not Dead.

A Christian contrivance weaving in three or four contrived storylines. How that movie made I will never know. The concept was not well executed. The final scene was especially bad.
    Last edited by Topper; 04-21-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Sorry, it was on Redbox, not Netflix. I'm sure it is at a redbox near you.

One more thing about director Fahardi: His movies seem so real. Notice how every family in a Tyler Perry movie is a doctor, lawyer or CEO? And every family is loving and wealthy except for when the plot calls for something else? And every Tyler Perry house is immaculately clean, with a maid or two in tow. That's not Fahardi. His characters seem so emotionally real-- they aren't particularly more self aware, or better groomed, or more profound, just because they are in a movie. They are uncertain, and a little (not a lot) rash, and unassuming, and get angry in ugly ways, and show compassion in unexpected ways. And the houses in his movies seem so messy and crowded, and old, and lived in. They seem like real houses that I've been to.
    A very good observation.

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

I watched "Mistaken for Strangers," which is a documentary about The National that turns out not be a documentary about The National at all. It's really this meta thing that's sort of more about making a documentary and the struggle of the younger Berninger brother to achieve something relative to his more famous older brother. I really enjoyed it.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    Went to "Draft Day" yesterday. I have a hard time with sports movies because I too often find myself saying that couldn't happen or noticing actors that are the wrong size or the wrong age and their is plenty of that in this movie. My wife enjoyed it because she doesn't care about any of that stuff.
    Reminds me of the heavyweight boxer in Snake Eyes.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96