Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123
Results 3,661 to 3,677 of 3677

Thread: The "last movie I saw" thread

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    What did he say in the clip? Is he a science nerd that can't get past the bad physics? OMG there was an explosion in space, that's impossible!
    No. Watch for yourself. I'm not sure Nicholas Cage himself could've done a better job with the amazing dialogue.

Idon'tneedyourlovetodisconnecttorunaroundkidsinget-gocarswithvaselineafterbirthsandneoncoughsgalaxies fullofnobodiesgivingusthefarewellrunaroundItooka virginmaryaxetohissweetbabyjane,lostmyinnocenceto anogoodgirl,scratchmyfacewithanvilhands,andcoilmyt onguearoundabumblebeemouthandigiveitallbacktoyou

Ha. That clip is so awful it is pretty funny in hindsight.
    So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    What Dreams May Come.
    Not to be confused with the middle school educational movie "Wet Dreams May Come."

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    What Dreams May Come.
    That is a very tough one to watch now. But he was really good in that one. Visually stunning for that time.

http://www.reignofjudgesmovie.com/

Totally stoked about this movie. It'll certainly be much better done that the first BofM movie.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post

Totally stoked about this movie. It'll certainly be much better done that the first BofM movie.
    You better move it to DH's thread before he goes postal on you

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...trailer-thread

I liked Nightcrawler. Good character film.

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post

Why does he keep calling it a "movement" instead of a movie?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Why does he keep calling it a "movement" instead of a movie?
    Maybe because it kind of looks like one.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
    I liked Nightcrawler. Good character film.
    Did you catch the temple in the opening establishing shots? That gave me a chuckle.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fusnik View Post
    I really enjoyed Chef.

To go artistic on you, th sandwich was a metaphor for his life, he needed to simplify go back to his roots and find his true home. Not the wine pairings, ScarJo, fancy restaurant.

Jk

I really enjoyed it though thought it was great.
    I thought it was great with the exception of the "6 months later" addendum which felt unnecessary and out-of-place. My read on this was that it had more to do with the idea of dealing with criticism than anything. You try hard to make something to impress someone and they rip your shit. So you toss that aside and just start making what you enjoy and are passionate about and hope that in the end people like it. I'm guessing that scene where Favreau goes postal on the critic was very cathartic to him on a personal level. There's a near identical scene in Birdman (at least in idea) that similarly seems to be Innaritu lashing out at his critics.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    Did you catch the temple in the opening establishing shots? That gave me a chuckle.
    I saw that too. Funny.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

Yes, I had read your post and looked for it.

I thought it was great with the exception of the "6 months later" addendum which felt unnecessary and out-of-place. My read on this was that it had more to do with the idea of dealing with criticism than anything. You try hard to make something to impress someone and they rip your shit. So you toss that aside and just start making what you enjoy and are passionate about and hope that in the end people like it. I'm guessing that scene where Favreau goes postal on the critic was very cathartic to him on a personal level. There's a near identical scene in Birdman (at least in idea) that similarly seems to be Innaritu lashing out at his critics.
    it was nice to see sofia vergara not being gratuitously obnoxious for a change
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Birdman

I'm not familiar with the director's previous films like MG is. But I did enjoy Birdman. Acting was excellent. Cinematography was a pleasure to watch. Some unbroken scenes lasted minutes (though I suspect some of the really long ones were digitally enhanced). I liked that the whole movie had a theater flair to it, dialogue and all, since it essentially all took place in a theater. Mrs. NWC found it very poignant, and saw a lot of parallels to life. I'm not sure if I thought it was all that, but I'd still recommend it. Solid B+.

Mrs. NWC has become slightly obsessed with Birdman, so we paid to watch it again. I still liked it, and enjoyed it more than when I watched it the first time. I was even more impressed with the acting this time. Some of the clunker lines stood out more this time. But still, a solid good movie.

I just wanted to congratulate The Dude on his arrival to the Library of Congress. Well deserved.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...lebowski/?_r=0

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Mine is a minority opinion (as evidenced by the 90+% Rotten Tomatoes approval rating) but I didn't love Chris Rock's Top Five; I didn't even like it much. It has some funny cameos (Jerry Seinfeld, Tracy Morgan, Whoopi Goldberg, Brian Regan, among others), and Rock can be very funny at times, but he's really not a great actor on the big screen, and the movie is overstuffed with eff bombs and over-the-top raunchiness. Want to see Rock with a rotund, naked Cedric the Entertainer in a four-way with a couple of hookers? This film is for you. And what is supposed to be a major climactic scene, involving the insertion of something gross up the tush of a naked dude who's presenting like a mandrill, was more than a little offputting. Mrs. PAC is a good sport and will accompany to pretty much any movie, but this one taxed her patience to the limit.

BTW, we laughed more at the previews before the movie (including Will Farrell's Get Hard, the trailer for which was really funny).